PDA

View Full Version : focus rusted/seized spark plugs

cactikid
9th July, 2014, 01:00 AM
have a focus coming in with red rusted plugs,yes core plugs gone also,wonder what you guys use on very seized and ready to snap off plugs. cheers.

super jumbe
9th July, 2014, 02:03 AM
Simple just spray some plus gas direct to the plug thread had few over the years.

smokey08
9th July, 2014, 12:52 PM
Just go for it. I have had loads that feel like they are going to snap and only broken 2 or 3 of them. On the 1s that break, its normally because they have been overtightened and streched the threads.

I have a square extractor tool which I hit into the remaining part of the plug to remove it.

It looks a bit like these but mine has a slight twist near the tip.

Meat-Head
9th July, 2014, 08:43 PM
There was in one of the dirty mags like 30 years ago , artuclle on furry jesters, you turned a bit, drive to work turned back, then ub40 then turned a bit, drive home, soaked it, then turned it, drive to WIRK in parking lot, turn a bit. End of week cane out in parking lot at WIRK .

deffo try the hokey jokey with your tool

dorlling thanks to ishit 3

cactikid
9th July, 2014, 10:57 PM
dont know if he can wait that long lol

Meat-Head
9th July, 2014, 11:15 PM

Well what's a few more days

[\INFERIOR SUTE] Seized Sparkplug needs Bailout - Car Talk (http://community.cartalk.com/discussion/1976011/seized-sparkplug-needs-bailout) [\INFERIOR DUTE]

look at post by 'tester' - then ask him if he can wait ?

ishut hate it

MJRVR
10th July, 2014, 07:03 PM

Dynamite would be quick?

rideon
10th July, 2014, 07:30 PM
Air wrench set on low, ub 40,a little prayer and thread repair kit on the workbench if something goes wrong....
Spark plugs are a walk in the park compared to glow plugs...

And do inform the customer that worst case scenario is a head rebuild.......

cactikid
10th July, 2014, 10:47 PM
yes first thing we did was mention possibility of getting his head done,forgot rocker cover has to come off to do the core plugs makes it easier to see whats going on after air line blows out all the crap first.

cactikid
10th July, 2014, 10:50 PM
Dynamite would be quick?
due to garda station next door they might object,still got the bullet holes in the walls from around the 20s or 30s.imagine the fun hmmmmm lol