PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed to stream from vu+ solo2 to another spare TV in the House

cooa99
9th July, 2014, 09:55 AM
Hi guys,

I have a vu+ solo2 in the lounge. I have a TV is our spare room which I would like view satellite TV on and I don't want to go down video sender route since it means not being able to watch 2 separate channels

Since it is possible for me to use an app on the ipad (e.g. blackbox) to connect to Vu+ to view a different channel, How can i do something similar from the spare TV?

Thanks

cooa99

m1nz
12th July, 2014, 11:27 PM
Don't think you can. I have to use a Scart to RF out on this box. Picture is not the best.

Also Google chromecast now has the ability to mirror your android and ipad once the update is released so this could work. I am waiting for my for my Google chromecast

happy_highlander
13th July, 2014, 09:54 AM
Use the Android vu+player app on phone or tablet and connect to tv by hdmi. Select don't zap to channel and this will stream your second tuner on the solo 2 to the tablet/phone so won't effect what is being watched in the other room. I would have recommended not to try and stream hd channels as they are a bit jumpy but it is not really relevant on sat now. I'm sure there is a dreambox version for ipad which will be the same setup

cooa99
22nd July, 2014, 11:03 PM
Thanks very much for the reply.

I dont have any tablet with hdmi output..... Only an ipad air and samsung galaxy 7.

I was wondering if getting the amazon fire tv with xmbc (+ enigma plugin) will work?

cheers