PDA

View Full Version : V4 Wii Softmod (without zelda)

akyboo
24th June, 2009, 09:32 PM
This soft mod is for V4 and uses the bannerbomb crack upgrading to V4 is not recommended(only by me) this has been tested on V4 and works but this is a little more detailed than the Soft mod for dummies in the sense that if the aad1f_v108 file does not work you have to go to the site (link supplied) and get a different version other than that its fairly ok. Follow the tut in the doc. file exactly and you should be fine. This is for versions 4 wii's. Please do not use this thread for first post, the thread is to help those that need help and advice
New members please read here first http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f2/you-please-read-before-posting-1129/

EDITED BY ADMIN
original file lost due to server move

for download link go to post 160

KraziCrash
27th June, 2009, 10:33 PM
is this easy to do

akyboo
28th June, 2009, 11:36 AM
is this easy to do

depends on what version you have, what version wii have you

brasco78
30th June, 2009, 10:44 AM
i followed all steps and everything installed, just wandered what i need to do now to install a channel on the menu that lets you play back up discs. thanks

yaas
30th June, 2009, 06:03 PM
i followed all steps and everything installed, just wandered what i need to do now to install a channel on the menu that lets you play back up discs. thanks

Have you got the "Back up launcher" as a channel?

brasco78
3rd July, 2009, 03:30 PM
no i haven't, how do i go about installing the back up launcher please

brasco78
3rd July, 2009, 03:32 PM
Have you got the "Back up launcher" as a channel?

no i haven't, how do you go about installing it?

yaas
3rd July, 2009, 09:09 PM
no i haven't, how do i go about installing the back up launcher please
Mate, if you used Bannerbomb you should end up with 4 new channels on your Wii.
1.BackUp Loader
2.HBC
3.Gamecube Loader
4.Iso Dumper

Have you got these?:hmmmm2:

cloudyP
7th July, 2009, 12:41 PM
Hi akyboo,

I would like to download the files. Can you please help, as I am being denied access to the dowload.

Thanks

cloudyP
7th July, 2009, 12:43 PM
Hi akyboo,

Its OK. Managed to download.

Thanks

wlyap
8th July, 2009, 12:46 AM
depends on what version you have, what version wii have you
so is 4.0E easy to hack using this method of yours?

Demonicator
8th July, 2009, 01:25 AM
Brasco, If you put the Backup Launcher program files on the SD card you should be able to use the program. Any program that requires installation, will verify that that it will be installed. Follow instructions, and you will be swell.

wambo
11th July, 2009, 09:41 AM
Bit nervous about this but I'll give it a try and feed back......
Does it work if you already have the Twilight hack installed?

adnanalam
11th July, 2009, 10:03 PM
I cannot download the file. It says i dont have access!

Dreamer
11th July, 2009, 10:04 PM
Thats because you have just made your first post.

You need to wait on the server updating normally about 15 mins

setiorion007
15th July, 2009, 12:21 PM
a detailed tut will help

kr1s77
15th July, 2009, 06:37 PM
just done mine, great stuff lads. one thing though, i've only 2 channels homebrew and backup launcher?

P.S it still says my firmware is 4E??? shouldn't it be 3.2E ??

insomniak
15th July, 2009, 11:54 PM
Tiger Woods 2010 forces you to update, anyway around this?

yrysg
16th July, 2009, 09:24 AM
cool! i was looking for this.. just got my wii as a present wasnt hard mod so a soft mod is good

slap69
16th July, 2009, 05:58 PM
anyone tried and tested this on v4?? does it work ok???

superace89
17th July, 2009, 01:52 PM
yeah does it work on 4.0e?

pimpernel
18th July, 2009, 12:14 PM
does this work with ver 3.1e or to i need to upgrade to ver 4 first

flyboy
18th July, 2009, 03:04 PM
Sounds great bro, let me try it out as well!

jims
18th July, 2009, 07:18 PM

I also have v3.1E how do we upgrade to 4.0E

sniff
19th July, 2009, 02:10 AM
i registerd but wont let me dwnload pdf

caveman_nige
19th July, 2009, 02:11 AM
thats because you need to give the server time to update your download access.. try again in 20 minutes..

tonyf100
19th July, 2009, 12:06 PM
hi all, thanks for the files, all works well, the only problem i have is that the new wii sports resort will not work, im getting an 002 error on the wii, anyone have any ideas.

cheers

epy
19th July, 2009, 12:09 PM
tried few these softmods but none seem to work on my wii its got firmware4e on it will try this 1 lol

akyboo
19th July, 2009, 01:35 PM
Tiger Woods 2010 forces you to update, anyway around this?

turn off wiiconnect

akyboo
19th July, 2009, 01:37 PM

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f16/wii-softmod-dummies-without-zelda-40768/

marchiori
19th July, 2009, 11:17 PM
Does this work on new wiis?

akyboo
20th July, 2009, 07:48 PM
a detailed tut will help

doc. file included in download just follow it

akyboo
20th July, 2009, 07:50 PM
Does this work on new wiis?

check your version files are on the site for all versions

Odder
20th July, 2009, 10:01 PM
Hi

Is thie easy as I am new to this and I updated my wii to 4.1 thinking this was a good thing.

jims
21st July, 2009, 02:21 PM
Many thanks akyboo for sharing the tut/files and support
used the Wii Softmodding for Dummies v4.0 on my 3.1E and
working 100%

how do we upgrade to 4.0E needed to play games from usb HDD
:tee:

its ok think i have found it Fixed Menu 4 update
or do i need v3.2 on first?

ugan
22nd July, 2009, 03:47 PM
thanks very much, i wasnt aware of the non zelda hack cheers

epy
22nd July, 2009, 04:46 PM
hi just wanted say BIG TA to the guys who posted this works perfect for me no problmems at all just wondering if there is a wad to enable playing dvd movies

xmontesx
24th July, 2009, 04:44 AM
I keep getting this error whenever I try to install cios249.

"Installing IOS16, please wait...
>> Installing title... ERROR! (ret = -1035)"

I've reformatted my card twice now and I get the same error. I have a firmware of 4.0U and when I try to downgrade it now, it says that I already have done it. Any help would be appreciated.

jammydav93
24th July, 2009, 12:50 PM
This soft mod is for V4 and uses the bannerbomb crack upgrading to V4 is not recommended(only by me) this has been tested on V4 and works but this is a little more detailed than the Soft mod for dummies in the sense that if the aad1f_v108 file does not work you have to go to the site (link supplied) and get a different version other than that its fairly ok. Follow the tut in the doc. file exactly and you should be fine

it wont let me dl the fliles?

lambey
25th July, 2009, 05:23 PM
does this work with 4.1E?

And BTW i cant DL it >.<

slartybardfast
25th July, 2009, 07:13 PM
:hmmmm2: being a newbie and having tried many of these softmods and not having much luck, i would like to ask if anyone has got this to work on a Ver. 4.1E if so please explain. :eek:

Gobsmacked
26th July, 2009, 04:05 PM
Thanks for this guide m8 took about 10 minutes to do and was very easy to follow.

slewroller
26th July, 2009, 06:27 PM
hello Iam a newbie trying to find bannerbomb

updated wii to ver 4, i cannot find bannerbomb exploit can anybody help thanks

Bulld0g
26th July, 2009, 06:29 PM
Go to first post in this thread.

akyboo
28th July, 2009, 10:13 AM
Many thanks akyboo for sharing the tut/files and support
used the Wii Softmodding for Dummies v4.0 on my 3.1E and
working 100%

how do we upgrade to 4.0E needed to play games from usb HDD
:tee:

its ok think i have found it Fixed Menu 4 update
or do i need v3.2 on first?

ok my own opinion never update your wii and cant ppl be simple and just burn the disc things are complicated when you make it so

NUKEMALL
29th July, 2009, 02:09 PM
does this hack work on 4.1E ???

if i try and it fails can i restore the wii to factory settings ???

thanks lads and lasses

akyboo
29th July, 2009, 04:39 PM
does this hack work on 4.1E ???

if i try and it fails can i restore the wii to factory settings ???

thanks lads and lasses

failing just means it wasnt installed corectly read the threads and the doc file bcos if one file doesnt work there is a link for the other file downloads just keep trying til you get the one that works can be tedious i know but its free lol

ManofScience
30th July, 2009, 08:46 PM
i can confirm works fine with 4.1E

Just follow the notes, make sure you're on wireless - works perfectly.

nice work all involved and for the info Akyboo

mach1ne
31st July, 2009, 08:40 AM
This guide was flawless, thanks to you my mates think I am the Dogs Bollocks !!

Keep up the good work

scouse1986
2nd August, 2009, 05:31 PM
how do i do it

junkiepilot
3rd August, 2009, 03:32 PM
Thanks for this, installed and working a treat on version 4.1.

Question, Can I run NTSC games with this without risk of bricking?

wabbit
5th August, 2009, 08:29 PM
hi, have a wii with twilight hack, old wiifree installed but not working on newer games. installed this and works great with a few games. tried it with indi jones and stff kngs, just get a green screen. were the game icon usually appears in top left icon, it says wii system update. i have wiiconnect turned off. i thought i would be able to play the game?

Dwightjelee
10th August, 2009, 08:12 AM
So it does work on 4.1E that's a good thing :) But will I still be able to play Wii Resort?

Btw. I've put all the files on a formatted SD-card just like te instruction said. I turn on my Wii (without the SD-card in the Wii) and go to the SD-card menu. But now if I enter the SD-card the Wii freezes... instead of the install screen :|

Can someone help please?

mhawa5
10th August, 2009, 11:12 AM
Hi I have version 4.1E and am hoping this would work fine with my wii pal? and also not effect wii resort as i have the original but had trouble with it the last time i had channels on my wii but with version 3.4E

BuMMers
12th August, 2009, 02:57 PM
hi all!! im a newbie, jst got my wii !! thanks for all the work that u've all done!!!w00T

sweeper
12th August, 2009, 04:19 PM
Im to much of a coward to try this so i got a friend to do my sisters he had done a few before without any problems.So he went to do it and the drive was faulty out of warranty so nintendy put new drive in ?35.Then he put the homebrew and backup launcher in plays originals but disc read error on all backups ver 4.1 any ideas that i could maybe try myself
Thanks Guys

akyboo
12th August, 2009, 09:55 PM
Im to much of a coward to try this so i got a friend to do my sisters he had done a few before without any problems.So he went to do it and the drive was faulty out of warranty so nintendy put new drive in ?35.Then he put the homebrew and backup launcher in plays originals but disc read error on all backups ver 4.1 any ideas that i could maybe try myself
Thanks Guys

delete homebrew channel and backup launcher and mod again

Dwightjelee
13th August, 2009, 09:17 AM
Still no one has a clue why my Wii freezes when I try to access the install files on my SD-card?

Please?

ManofScience
13th August, 2009, 09:41 AM
Still no one has a clue why my Wii freezes when I try to access the install files on my SD-card?

Please?

what version you on?

did you format it to FAT16?

Dwightjelee
13th August, 2009, 09:53 AM
My Wii was softmodded before, nut I needed to update it to 4.1E to use my WiiMotion...

I did format my SD-card to FAT16 and I deleted the homebrewchannel, discloader etc. that I was using before.

But now if I go to the SD-card menu and insert my SD-card with the installfiles (as said in the manual) my Wii just freezes...

cockneygooner
13th August, 2009, 05:03 PM
Hi, if i try this will i still have my saved data on my Wii, sorry for the question but i'm 3/4 of the way through TW10 & don't want to lose my progress.

Many thanks for any help on this

sweeper
14th August, 2009, 01:32 AM
Akyboo sorry to sound stupid but to delete homebrew and backup launcher do i just go onto wii channels and delete it in there and should there be more channels than that i have noticed that it is ver 4.1e and ios37 v14.28 and the dvd read error is 972 To redo it do i have to do the whole softmod or can i start it at another place on the guide
sorry if i went on a bit as i am a complete novice to this and i dont want to break my sisters console
Thanks
sweeper

BigGary666
14th August, 2009, 11:23 AM
Can this be done with 4.1e?

ManofScience
14th August, 2009, 12:02 PM
Can this be done with 4.1e?

read the whole thread, especially post 61.

sweeper
15th August, 2009, 03:43 AM
I have read the whole post used the aio guide no problems all the way through at the end everything i put in backup launcher black screen and wont eject till i power it off neo gamma gives me dvd read error 972.Formatted the system memory tried again with another version still the same any ideas as sister wont be happy i erased all her games so i need to try to redeem myself
Thanks in advance for any help

orlandodawn
15th August, 2009, 11:01 PM
Worked 1st time on 4.1E (with BootMii already installed - it didnt appear to stop CIOS installing)

Ive spent 4 days trying to find a good tutorial for the 4 firmware. This is the only clear and concise (and not over technical) one I could find. Its as n00b proof as you could make it.

So mega kudos to Akyboo! You are a legend...

Next stage... USB HDD loader... and hey, what do you know, tutorial for it on DK too! Fantastic..

:bounce:

akyboo
16th August, 2009, 10:30 AM
Akyboo sorry to sound stupid but to delete homebrew and backup launcher do i just go onto wii channels and delete it in there and should there be more channels than that i have noticed that it is ver 4.1e and ios37 v14.28 and the dvd read error is 972 To redo it do i have to do the whole softmod or can i start it at another place on the guide
sorry if i went on a bit as i am a complete novice to this and i dont want to break my sisters console
Thanks
sweeper

yes delete the channels from there and re-mod again has your wii been modded before

sweeper
16th August, 2009, 01:31 PM
Thanks for your reply Akyboo as i said in the second post i ended up formatting the system memory and i have even tried downgrading to 3.2e and all i get in backup launcher is black screen i even put in neo gamma 7 in that i get dvd error 1101 i have tried all of the AIO guides with the software for 4.0 and 4.1 i have updated it back to 4.1 and redone still black channel but plays originals do you think nintendy have just cleaned the laser on the drive instead of replacing it
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me as i am now sick of looking at it i am thinking of getting a 100 megabits out of it (with a hammer)
Thanks again
John

wiiatizeme
17th August, 2009, 06:44 AM
is this download detailed enough so I know if I will/won't be bricking my wii? like, which serial numbers are completely ok to do this with and which might be hazardous?

If you are trying to download files from the download section or download attachments, you are required to post on the forums before gaining access.

Isn't this a post?

ManofScience
17th August, 2009, 09:48 AM
is this download detailed enough so I know if I will/won't be bricking my wii? like, which serial numbers are completely ok to do this with and which might be hazardous?

If you are trying to download files from the download section or download attachments, you are required to post on the forums before gaining access.

Isn't this a post?

have patience while the server updates your new account to enable download priviledges.

jetsada
17th August, 2009, 10:07 AM
thanks muchly for this!

Seeing as I hardly ever play on my Wii and it's out of warranty anyway I will be trying this later!

noelshibu
17th August, 2009, 11:00 AM
i have used bannerbomb on system firmware 3.4 it was a sucess.
for some reason cant donload anything i am new to the site
pls help

nizinsky
18th August, 2009, 12:14 PM
I keep getting this error whenever I try to install cios249.

I've reformatted my card twice now and I get the same error. I have a firmware of 4.0U and when I try to downgrade it now, it says that I already have done it. Any help would be appreciated.
Hello !I new on this forum. I hope will find help from you .
The same problem with v4.1E

micky06
18th August, 2009, 02:04 PM
thanks for this
this is a great Guide i used it on my wii ver 4.1E it work great.

cheers

akyboo
18th August, 2009, 09:24 PM
Thanks for your reply Akyboo as i said in the second post i ended up formatting the system memory and i have even tried downgrading to 3.2e and all i get in backup launcher is black screen i even put in neo gamma 7 in that i get dvd error 1101 i have tried all of the AIO guides with the software for 4.0 and 4.1 i have updated it back to 4.1 and redone still black channel but plays originals do you think nintendy have just cleaned the laser on the drive instead of replacing it
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me as i am now sick of looking at it i am thinking of getting a 100 megabits out of it (with a hammer)
Thanks again
John
in the tut there is a link in case the file provided doesnt work so go to that site and try another file and remod again or if you can succesfully downgrade your wii use http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f16/wii-softmod-dummies-without-zelda-40768/ its simple to do

nizinsky
18th August, 2009, 11:59 PM
thanks for this
this is a great Guide i used it on my wii ver 4.1E it work great.

cheers
Maybe you tell me how you softmoded your wii?? MY version is 4.1E

cgscott
19th August, 2009, 12:19 AM

Read previous posts in this thread.

micky06
19th August, 2009, 12:19 AM

hi i updated my wii to the version 4.1e and followed the guide step by step here is a helpful link [Guide] Fully Softmod Any Wii (everything you need) - GBAtemp.net (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890)
on the section cIOS38_rev13a: You have 2 options on how to install the cIOS
i connected to wifi and used option b) Network Installation: (Recommended)
as i got an error the first time also they is a new cIOS38_rev14
you should beable to get these on the link but if not an you are still struggling let me know and i will try to help the best i can .

nizinsky
19th August, 2009, 10:08 AM
hi i updated my wii to the version 4.1e and followed the guide step by step here is a helpful link [Guide] Fully Softmod Any Wii (everything you need) - GBAtemp.net (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890)
on the section cIOS38_rev13a: You have 2 options on how to install the cIOS
i connected to wifi and used option b) Network Installation: (Recommended)
as i got an error the first time also they is a new cIOS38_rev14
you should beable to get these on the link but if not an you are still struggling let me know and i will try to help the best i can .
Only problem in the pakage for dummies is I can't downgrade it and install the cIOS. I have heard that somedody mixed two pakages together, but this is too high level for me:giveup:

micky06
19th August, 2009, 02:35 PM
Only problem in the pakage for dummies is I can't downgrade it and install the cIOS. I have heard that somedody mixed two pakages together, but this is too high level for me:giveup:
hi nizinsky you need to followed the guide step by step

1) Downgrade IOS35:
This section will downgrade and patch IOS35 so we can install a cIOS.
Start the Homebrew Channel and run DowngradeIOS35 from the Homebrew channel menu.
Go up and select "Downgrade IOS35" (skip patchmii and dvdx).
After it downgrades IOS35 go down to "EXIT" and it should exit to the Homebrew Channel.
Run WAD Manager.
Select A to agree to the disclaimer.
Select IOS version to use: <IOS35> Press A.
Select source device: <Wii SD Slot> Press A.
Go to IOS35.WAD in the list and press A.
Select action: <install wad> press A.
After the WAD file is installed press HOME to return to the Wii System menu

download Trucha Bug Restorer (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6378) and Watch video.
will need to be pacthed on newer Wiis, but it won't hurt to do it on all Wiis, so I'll just put the steps here anyway. If you think you don't need it, you can skip this-- but if the next steps don't work, come back here. =)
Things you'll need:
1) SD card with a folder called apps on its root.
2) Trucha Bug Restorer.
3) If your Wii does not have internet, you will need to create the necessary wad files on the root of your SD (these are merely the files your Wii would normally download if it has an internet connection. Create them here!
Steps:
?Extract the files from the downloaded Trucha Bug Restorer zip.
?Copy the TBR folder to the apps folder on your SD card.
?Start HBC
?Load TBR
?Use IOS 36 to downgrade 15. << Watch Video. See note if you don't have a network connection!
?Use 15 to patch 36. << Watch video. See note if you don't have a network connection!
?And use 36 to restore 15. << Watch video. See note if you don't have a network connection!
Video: YouTube - Det1re's "How To use Trucha Bug Restorer (TBR)"

Now that you have patched IOS 36, you can install newer cIOS and PreLoader.
Note: If you do not have a network connection, select wad installation where the video says network install. The files you created earlier will need to be on the root of your SD card.

cIOS38_rev14: download cIOS38 rev14 (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6531) cIOS38_rev14 in place of cIOS38_rev13a & i used options b) Network Installation: At the instillation option screen press RIGHT 1 time on the D-pad of the Wiimote. This will download the files via WiFi.

cMIOS: to install the cMIOS files i also used options b) Network Installation:

cateran
19th August, 2009, 08:22 PM
Thanks for all the info, just wondering if/how you can revert the wii back to its original state?
Appreciate any info on this!

nizinsky
20th August, 2009, 12:06 AM
[QUOTE=micky06;258941]hi nizinsky you need to followed the guide step by step

Thank you for the instruction. I've forgot to tell you that I only tried to download full pack for dummies and stuck on ref- 1035 error. And than leater I didn't download anything so means I have not homebrow channel installed . I thing only dont't know if I should format my wii now before will start with it?? Realy interesting me to play burned games on wii. So what I should to do before will start instruction which you gave me??Marcin

I've just found something like that:http://randomualrstudent.wordpress.com/wii-softmodding-guide/
What do you thing about it???

sweeper
20th August, 2009, 01:52 AM
Can anyone tell me if i format the system memory on the wii will that revert it back to a virgin state or do i need to run software to clean it I wanted to try it from scratch as still no play in backup launcher
Thanks
sweeper

jeffporfirio
20th August, 2009, 05:37 PM
Thank you.
Have 2 wiis (dont ask why, please). One with 4.0, which I successfully softmodded one with 3.4U, which I will try this softmod on.

For those with 002 error, disable wiiconnect, and make sure you scrubb the DVDs before you burn them, Google "Error 002 Fix", and download files, its fairly simple to do.

wiiallday
21st August, 2009, 04:07 PM
firstly id like 2 say hi, and thanx in advance. will the v4 softmod be plausible 2 use on my 4.1e firmware wii with serial LEH15295""""""". newbee <sorry>

wiiallday
21st August, 2009, 04:17 PM
thanks every 1 specialy akyboo for the easy guide. fingers crossed. ill update soon and let u know

Toshiba Tecra M9
22nd August, 2009, 02:45 AM
how do i know which version i have? thankyou.

ham654
22nd August, 2009, 10:12 PM
Thanks we are trying on version 4.1

yotambz
23rd August, 2009, 01:36 AM
This soft mod is for V4 and uses the bannerbomb crack upgrading to V4 is not recommended(only by me) this has been tested on V4 and works but this is a little more detailed than the Soft mod for dummies in the sense that if the aad1f_v108 file does not work you have to go to the site (link supplied) and get a different version other than that its fairly ok. Follow the tut in the doc. file exactly and you should be fine. This is for versions 4 wii's

is there any way to reset the wii and re patch it?

riggy
24th August, 2009, 07:09 PM
guide worked fine on a v4.1 wii , it has installed the back up installer etc , also used the dummies one for a 3.4 wii

only prob now is the 3.4 wii plays the games the 4.1 doesnt just stuggles to read the disc , do you think this is console related or is there something missing ,

thanks

riggy
24th August, 2009, 07:47 PM
just too add to this the 4.1 wont read original discs now :(

some_j
25th August, 2009, 03:55 PM
thx, good stuff i have 1 question though, how do i found out what my wii serial is, because i don't want to break anything, i rather ask it before doing an attempt at this softmod.
thx in advance

greetz some_j

smithy1989
25th August, 2009, 07:20 PM
hihow can i access your rar file plz replie many thanx ryan

macca78
26th August, 2009, 11:49 AM
going to give this a try now on my 4.1E :)

nizinsky
26th August, 2009, 03:05 PM
going to give this a try now on my 4.1E :)

Tell as later how is gone?

some_j
26th August, 2009, 04:31 PM
Tell as later how is gone?
well i can to, i managed and it works flawlessly with 4.1.
Well 1 more thing, is it possible to update my wii (with future updates, and if so what will happen if i do?
And how can i remove this softmod, if it is even possible?
Hope someone replies this time around, thx

greetz some_j

nizinsky
26th August, 2009, 05:36 PM
well i can to, i managed it and it works flawlessly with 4.1.
Well 1 more thing, is it possible to update my wii (with future updates, and if so what will happen if i do?

greetz some_j

My wii is 4.1E and I geting error ret1035 what softmode did you use. Can you drop the link for me please?marcin

some_j
26th August, 2009, 06:01 PM
My wii is 4.1E and I geting error ret1035 what softmode did you use. Can you drop the link for me please?marcin

i have send you a PM

greetz some_j

alko74
27th August, 2009, 03:04 PM
does this work on 4.1?

spawn101
27th August, 2009, 03:47 PM
I will give this a try

some_j
27th August, 2009, 04:45 PM
not even a helpfull reply, fantastic..........:sleep:

akyboo
29th August, 2009, 03:30 PM
well i can to, i managed and it works flawlessly with 4.1.

greetz some_j

updates are not recommended(only by me) and in data management just delete the channels thats your mod gone

mkb
31st August, 2009, 03:11 PM
i need to do this, is it as easy as everyone says as i've been messing around with homebrew and bootmii but still haven't managed to get it working?

some_j
31st August, 2009, 08:07 PM
updates are not recommended(only by me) and in data management just delete the channels thats your mod gone

thx for this man,

greetz

renedg
1st September, 2009, 09:36 AM
Thanks for this mod

pomster
2nd September, 2009, 01:58 PM
Hi people!
can someone pls help as i am new to this!
using wii softmod for dummies i've installed the hbc channel an bootmii installer on my wii which is ver 4.1e, i have also installed wii browser, with this i downloaded dvdx installer but when i try to install with normal install it comes up...

installing dvd stub with normal ios36
loading dvd stub
fixing up tmd signature
installing dvd stub ticket

error-2011 installing dvd stub ticket
error-2011 installing stub

can someone pls help?
also to play dowloaded wii games on disc do i need the app gecko os?:hmmmm2:

akyboo
2nd September, 2009, 06:46 PM
Hi people!
can someone pls help as i am new to this!
using wii softmod for dummies i've installed the hbc channel an bootmii installer on my wii which is ver 4.1e, i have also installed wii browser, with this i downloaded dvdx installer but when i try to install with normal install it comes up...

installing dvd stub with normal ios36
loading dvd stub
fixing up tmd signature
installing dvd stub ticket

error-2011 installing dvd stub ticket
error-2011 installing stub

can someone pls help?
also to play dowloaded wii games on disc do i need the app gecko os?:hmmmm2:

do not mix the 2 mods together delete what you installed and do it fresh again with this mod. The doc file clearly states it wont work over other mods

fesmeister
3rd September, 2009, 12:04 PM
ok guys heres my experience of using this mod on 4.1. I followed the instructions right down to the very last letter and everything seemed to install perfecrly fine-everything went through just as it should (using network installation over wi-fi). I then burnt an iso of a game i already own (mario kart) and put the disc in. The wii recognises the game in the home menu, however when i enter the game i get a disc error and am asked to turn the computer off and eject the disc. anyone point out where im going wrong?

pomster
3rd September, 2009, 12:12 PM
i've just noticed when trying to redo this that i did'nt use the softmod, i got the homebrew channel an bootmii from the sites!
when i download v4 wii softmod it comes through as a .rar file that i cannot read! i've tried to put it in a apps file an put it on the homebrew channel that i put on myself but that does'nt work.
what do i do with the v4 wii softmod .rar file?
pls help!:hmmmm2:

fesmeister
3rd September, 2009, 12:36 PM
i've just noticed when trying to redo this that i did'nt use the softmod, i got the homebrew channel an bootmii from the sites!
when i download v4 wii softmod it comes through as a .rar file that i cannot read! i've tried to put it in a apps file an put it on the homebrew channel that i put on myself but that does'nt work.
what do i do with the v4 wii softmod .rar file?
pls help!:hmmmm2:

download winrar (google it-its free) and extract the file.

pomster
3rd September, 2009, 01:56 PM
Cheers peeps!:tee:
sorted all that out now!
n e 1 know where's best to get games an is there a app that lets you play em off usb?:reddy:

nolasknab
3rd September, 2009, 08:19 PM
Been looking for a tutorial.
Thanks!

Jarred
4th September, 2009, 01:07 AM
Great , thanx for the info. was kicking myself for doing update to 4.1E
I've run the the softmod and its worked! Many thanks :-)
However I've only got 2 channels - Homebrew and Wii Backup Launcher. how can I go about installing the DVD dumper Channel.
I would really like to backup my games and possibly run them off USB Hard drive.

pomster
4th September, 2009, 09:45 AM
hi people!
can n e 1 help?
i've down loaded the dvdx installer on the homebrew channel and installed it, once installed it tells you it's located in a small hidden channel, well it's hidden damn well coz i can not find it!
any ideas as to where it is or how i play the dvd's?:vroam:

vibez_uk
4th September, 2009, 04:33 PM
Just a quickie..Will this tut work on a 4.1e and does it matter what serial it is?

Cheers ppl

wabbit
6th September, 2009, 09:47 AM
hi, have a wii with twilight hack, old wiifree installed but not working on newer games. installed this and works great with a few games. tried it with indi jones and stff kngs, just get a green screen. were the game icon usually appears in top left icon, it says wii system update. i have wiiconnect turned off. i thought i would be able to play the game?

hi, had posted this a few weeks ago. what to do when wanting to play newer games. s.ummer athl.etics 0.9 wont work either, the usual game icon in top left has system update in it. does wii launcher channel work if the wii is updated to latest firmware, even though the hack as been installed. thanks

msaju
13th September, 2009, 11:21 AM
i can confirm works fine with 4.1E

Just follow the notes, make sure you're on wireless - works perfectly.

nice work all involved and for the info Akyboo

have got version 4.1,but my homebrew channels just loads with bubbles, where am i going wrong, have tried several times to install.

anyone oout there that can help

The Beast
13th September, 2009, 10:13 PM
have got version 4.1,but my homebrew channels just loads with bubbles, where am i going wrong, have tried several times to install.

anyone oout there that can help

Sound like it has loaded ok, you just need to leave the sd card in the wii if you want to use HBC.

lea666uk
14th September, 2009, 06:52 PM
HELP ME! ive done everythink i was told to do but when i go back to the wii channel i have no Backup Launcher. Where do i get it from and how do i install it??

mrsouthg
21st September, 2009, 11:22 PM
I'm no novice - but why am i finding it impossible to download the attachment from post #1?

caveman_nige
21st September, 2009, 11:26 PM
I'm no novice - but why am i finding it impossible to download the attachment from post #1?

please read this, it will explain a few things..
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f4/apologies-downtime-56070/

hopefully the original poster will re upload the file soon..

mrsouthg
21st September, 2009, 11:30 PM
oh dear.........glad you are up and running again. I always find the answers i need here.

Ashvin
23rd September, 2009, 09:08 AM
HI
I cannot download the attachment from Akyboo. It just open a blank page when I click on it. Please help.

junior_au
23rd September, 2009, 09:16 AM
HELP ME! ive done everythink i was told to do but when i go back to the wii channel i have no Backup Launcher. Where do i get it from and how do i install it??

Hi all, I am a newbie to this forum after buy my son a Wii. I have downloaded the All 4.1 Softpack but I am still missing the backup loader also. From What I have read, once this is installed I should be also able to play DVD's, which I cant. Can anyone please tell me what I might be doing wrong, I cant down load the tut. on the first page as I have only just joined so I am operating blind.

Gary

ManofScience
24th September, 2009, 11:19 AM
@ Akyboo - i've uploaded the v4 dummies guide to the Wii downloads section for you bud : Digital Kaos - Downloads - Wii Softmod Version 4 Console (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/wii-softmod-version-4-console-893/)

CMG73
25th September, 2009, 10:19 AM
Hi can anyone enlighten me, does this rar file contain all the parts I need to do the bannerbomb mod?

I've already modded my wii using the twilight hack with zelda, but newer games that my kids want to play are trying to do a system update, if I do the bannerbomb mod can I update my wii firmware without turning it into a brick?:egg:

ManofScience
25th September, 2009, 10:38 AM
might be worth starting from scratch - take the wii back to a 'virgin' state : How to remove softmods and make your Wii a virgin (http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-guides-tutorials-only/18372-how-remove-softmods-make-your-wii-virgin.html)

i've not done this but it's what i would do. i prefer starting from afresh

jmcn
25th September, 2009, 05:11 PM
What games and what version are you on ? I'm on 3.2 and have never needed to update.I always run the iso through wiibrickblocker before trying it on my wii

WiiBrickBlocker - The official site (http://wbb.rockman18.com/?page=home&ln=en)

davethedappa
4th October, 2009, 03:10 AM
hi guys ive read all the posts and im still having some problems. ive downloaded both the wii softmods for dummies and installed them to a 2g sd formated card, but im still getting CIOS249 not found and installing title ERROR (ret = -1035). ive tryed every way to get this working. my wii is on version 4.0e and i have a laptop running vista. ive even tryed running the install bat as admin but that wont even put anything on my sd card. any help would be great as ive spent about 4 hours reading all the post and tryed evey way to get this working. many thanks

keiwar
5th October, 2009, 02:29 PM
Hi Newbie to this, how do i find out what version Wii i have?

pjtaff
6th October, 2009, 07:12 PM
This soft mod is for V4 and uses the bannerbomb crack upgrading to V4 is not recommended(only by me) this has been tested on V4 and works but this is a little more detailed than the Soft mod for dummies in the sense that if the aad1f_v108 file does not work you have to go to the site (link supplied) and get a different version other than that its fairly ok. Follow the tut in the doc. file exactly and you should be fine. This is for versions 4 wii's. Please do not use this thread for first post, the thread is to help those that need help and advice
New members please read here first http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f2/you-please-read-before-posting-1129/
cant seem to access the the link just sends me to a blank page any ideas or do you have another link im trying to softmod a wii with v4.0e

many thanks
:questionmark::questionmark::questionmark:

switchmeon
6th October, 2009, 08:44 PM
Has anyone had problems with this?:joyman:

bigman123
13th October, 2009, 06:04 PM
I hope this works, looks like lots of people view but no feedback.

bigman123
13th October, 2009, 07:17 PM
Strange click on the link at the first post and just get a blank screen.

Sorry seen the link explaining the website went down and lost attachments. Tried the other download in the download section but get the same problem. One thing I did notice is that the size of the file is different, the first post has it at 14Mb but the download section as 20MB.

g1nga
15th October, 2009, 07:38 PM
hi guys ive read all the posts and im still having some problems. ive downloaded both the wii softmods for dummies and installed them to a 2g sd formated card, but im still getting CIOS249 not found and installing title ERROR (ret = -1035).

I'm having the same problem on my 4.1e does anyone have any pointers please?

MrJolly84
17th October, 2009, 04:17 PM
Hi Guys, anyone tried this with v4.2e ?

frofreak
19th October, 2009, 12:27 AM
Would be sweet if this works. Thanks a ton, mate :)

tomhick024
19th October, 2009, 10:13 AM
Have unpacked winrar and loaded files with 'install.bat' file, when i checked to see whats in my sd, there are four folders called 'apps', 'installer', 'private' and 'wad' and three files, named boot.dol, IOS36-64-v1042 and RVL-mios-v8.wad.

But when i follow instructions selecting sd in data-magement all that comes up is a '?'.
Have I the files loaded correctly to sd or is software version too new?
Please help me guys, I'm trying really hard here!

akyboo
20th October, 2009, 07:12 PM
Ok guys since this site lost files i have lost interest in this site as i feel they dont care about the members who keep this site going. This softmod is no longer available and the soft mod for dummies will only do up to version 4. Sorry guys im not reposting the files here

pjtaff
20th October, 2009, 07:27 PM
Ok guys since this site lost files i have lost interest in this site as i feel they dont care about the members who keep this site going. This softmod is no longer available and the soft mod for dummies will only do up to version 4. Sorry guys im not reposting the files here
just wondering if you was going to post the files on any other site if so please could you let me know what site
many thanks

dont give up on the site just yet as there are alot of people out there me included who depend on good people like you to help[ us through all the jargon
:sheep:

claire3033
20th October, 2009, 09:29 PM
gotta check my version now b gutted if i cant find the mod, please tell us where it will b posted

tomhick024
21st October, 2009, 05:45 PM

Its available in the download section buddy, posted by 'Man of Science'.
Looking at the amount of replies to this thread, I think alot of people do appreciate your work!

kn0wledg3
23rd October, 2009, 04:29 PM
just read up on your version 4 softmod and works great, just wanted to give a big thank you :)

pedrohell
29th October, 2009, 05:42 PM
Hi there.
I'm new to the Wii, I bought it yesterday, my Wii has the 4.0E.
I read in another site that when we are using the bannerbomb we can?t play the sports resort, is that true?
I'm trying to figure out how to mod my Wii to play backup (copied) games.
Thanks in advance.

bungle
29th October, 2009, 10:52 PM
is this the same as homebrew channel softmod?

seabast
30th October, 2009, 06:36 PM
does this work with the new wwe game?

pedrohell
30th October, 2009, 07:32 PM
Please, someone can tell me if I can do the V4 Wii Softmod (without zelda) on a Wii without Internet Connection?
Please.

SaudiFriend
6th November, 2009, 10:53 PM
I am trying to have my Wii (4.0u) have homebrew channel, and usb loading games from HD without having Zelda stuff.
I have tried many things, and all failed.

I am still searching the net for answer,

Could you please help?

My Wii is already modded and reads copied games, but not from HD.

Thanks

DirkaDirka
9th November, 2009, 04:21 PM
hey, does this hack work on pal wiis runing firmware 4.0e, a friends wii is running this firmware and i dont want to risk doing anything to it that may brick it

bmw318mt
10th November, 2009, 12:22 PM
how can you tell what version of Wii ?

jsoccer
11th November, 2009, 08:59 AM
Is this easy?

dodger777
14th November, 2009, 02:17 PM
will have a go thanx:devil:

Lalalolo
14th November, 2009, 02:50 PM
bedankt voor de bloemen

bandit123
15th November, 2009, 11:47 AM
thanks alot for this really helpfull

partyzone
16th November, 2009, 12:21 PM
trying this download goes to black screen
can it be reposted thx
daz

Brian57
18th November, 2009, 11:50 AM
Will this softmod work with 4.2e?

wisebeyond
22nd November, 2009, 06:06 AM
thank you for this file I'm hoping this will answer a lot of my questions

cheers

DAVE466
22nd November, 2009, 08:30 PM
HI all, newbie here. I have a chipped wii and Have just put new super mario bros in not relising it was ntsc version and not pal, think i have now semi-bricked my wii as i cant access the wii menu settings.

the game updated my wii when i put it in so will this have updated it to version 4.1 or 4.2 and if so if i do a v4 wii softmod and then put super mario bros pal game in will this rectify the problem?

Thanks.

Migz
22nd November, 2009, 08:58 PM
trying this download goes to black screen
can it be reposted thx
daz

Same here is the link down :(

caveman_nige
22nd November, 2009, 09:01 PM
the original poster has not reposted since the forum moved servers...

This is a newer link to the file.. download here >>>> http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/wii-softmod-version-4-console-893/

thezafiraman
23rd November, 2009, 06:08 PM
Can any one help? I downloaded the programme and copied the install.bat file to sd card after formatting it but when I try to install to the Wii,I get this message.What am I doing wrong?
CIOS249 not found.You need ios16-64-v257 prod.wad and cios249.wad.
Thanks.

dell_xps
23rd November, 2009, 06:15 PM
Can any one help? I downloaded the programme and copied the install.bat file to sd card after formatting it but when I try to install to the Wii,I get this message.What am I doing wrong?
CIOS249 not found.You need ios16-64-v257 prod.wad and cios249.wad.
Thanks.

Try the tutorial I posted up yesterday m8, might be a bit easier for you to get it working.
HTH

foofango
30th November, 2009, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the guide! I'm having real trouble with the cios249 installer - keeps throwing up the 1035 error. Will let you know how I get on!

(Running the new black Wii with FW 4.1e.)

v6scorpion
6th December, 2009, 05:58 PM
I have the new black wii too with 4.1 e on,think it has the new D3-2V2 chipset.Anyone know if this can be softmodded yet?

MetalKettle
6th December, 2009, 06:31 PM
I have the new black wii too with 4.1 e on,think it has the new D3-2V2 chipset.Anyone know if this can be softmodded yet?

Yes it can, but it probably wont read any backup disks, so a USB loader is your only option.

v6scorpion
6th December, 2009, 07:28 PM
Thanx, thats what i read somewhere but just checking

Mentalist
7th December, 2009, 04:54 PM
This is great - save a fortune on DVDR's, my kids have destroyed my xbox collection more than once.

Thanks

nikheel
9th December, 2009, 07:25 PM
will this work with wii version 4.1E? thanks

fordmanau
10th December, 2009, 10:41 AM
Just doing this so I can get access to the file

fiets
14th December, 2009, 05:10 AM
will this work with wii version 4.2E? thanks

Aireckone
14th December, 2009, 06:35 PM
what about version 4.2U??

bobboslobbo
22nd December, 2009, 06:55 PM
thanks for this

rguna001
23rd December, 2009, 06:14 AM
will try on my 4.1e
thankss

stoffelg
24th December, 2009, 02:11 PM
will try this on my black WII 4.1e (gonna be very carefull ;-) )

mircea_bucur
27th December, 2009, 12:45 AM
canoot download file

http://www.SiteVacuum.com/publisher/GoogleSearchIconShadow.gifhttp://www.SiteVacuum.com/publisher/SuperSearchIconShadow.gif

cherish2611
27th December, 2009, 06:43 PM
thands for your help!

ro_explorer
30th December, 2009, 04:21 PM
The method seems to work (from the many positive replies here) but apparently I'm not allowed to download anything. Who I have to bribe in order to obtain access to downloads? :)

Later edit: UPS, my bad .. the download is working.

savagemen
1st January, 2010, 07:04 PM
thanks. i will try it!

millsy76
2nd January, 2010, 02:17 PM
thank you hope it works for me.

costaaw
2nd January, 2010, 05:29 PM
Thank you, Akyboo

snowy76
4th January, 2010, 11:33 AM
cheers i will give it a go...

Disney
5th January, 2010, 04:03 AM
Does the information and files downloadable from Post # 160 contain the best (working and troublefree) information for modding the Wii 4.2?

wiid
5th January, 2010, 04:46 AM
Does anyone know how to get this camera to work?

tiltontrev
5th January, 2010, 03:55 PM
I just wanted to come back into the thread and give a big *thumbs up* to the OP, i've got mine working and the bab is happily playing Sonic And Mario at The Olympics, at almost no cost to me :).

Thank you very much.

shellreaper90
9th January, 2010, 02:23 AM
I did everything in the tutorial but an error comes up and says "title not found" when installing IOS16.

Please help!

rocky355
9th January, 2010, 06:44 AM
Is soft modding better that adding the chip.

mikkeane
18th January, 2010, 04:27 PM
thanks for advice

neon rabbit
13th February, 2010, 03:16 PM
Am i to asume that the files im about to install is everything i need? Im not going to download this all and then find that i need to install another channel to play games?

ck-ok
13th February, 2010, 03:44 PM
Am i to asume that the files im about to install is everything i need? Im not going to download this all and then find that i need to install another channel to play games?
this is all you will need to play backups,but you might want to add a few apps to get it to your liking, good luck

neon rabbit
13th February, 2010, 03:57 PM
Shame, i was excited about this but then got the Error! (ret=1035) can i replace one of the files on the SD card to get around this by anychance?

EDIT: Currently running 4.1e

ck-ok
13th February, 2010, 04:30 PM
Shame, i was excited about this but then got the Error! (ret=1035) can i replace one of the files on the SD card to get around this by anychance?

EDIT: Currently running 4.1e

what are trying to do?

zaden
13th February, 2010, 05:02 PM
Thanks will try this. Will be good to remove the Discs from around the Wii. Have removed all my film DVDs to a media streamer, so removing the Wii discs will mean that the TV area will be very clean and hopefully pass the wife test.

timeslip
27th February, 2010, 12:01 PM
GETTING WHILE TRYING TO install on an 4.1e using the wadinstaller - any ideas?

ck-ok
27th February, 2010, 12:27 PM
GETTING WHILE TRYING TO install on an 4.1e using the wadinstaller - any ideas?

have you upgraded from a lower system menu?

bonus
9th March, 2010, 08:44 PM
I go download file and reply!!

mitos
11th March, 2010, 07:09 PM
nice it works great

bonne
11th March, 2010, 08:04 PM
Want say hey to you all, I am new here at the board.
I try to download VBFS Mannager, but I cant, is there somone here there can tel me why.. Smile
Bonne

ck-ok
11th March, 2010, 09:19 PM
Want say hey to you all, I am new here at the board.
I try to download VBFS Mannager, but I cant, is there somone here there can tel me why.. Smile
Bonne

you have to make one post then wait for the server to update

mspaugh1
21st March, 2010, 02:47 AM
Hi Everyone, I'm new to this thread and I'm interested in modding my wii. I downloaded the rar, extracted it, ran install.bat with the correct drive letter, and followed the instructions for the wii portion. When I click on SD Card from the Wii channel menu, nothing happens (i.e. it doesn't ask me to load from boot.dol). My version is 4.2U. Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

ck-ok
21st March, 2010, 12:52 PM
Hi Everyone, I'm new to this thread and I'm interested in modding my wii. I downloaded the rar, extracted it, ran install.bat with the correct drive letter, and followed the instructions for the wii portion. When I click on SD Card from the Wii channel menu, nothing happens (i.e. it doesn't ask me to load from boot.dol). My version is 4.2U. Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

try using this tut by dell_xps its more uptodate.http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f16/wii-4-2e-softmod-tutorial-easy-follow-guide-67927/

d34nus
31st March, 2010, 07:00 AM
Thanks ... gonna give this a go ... finally after a days reading.

d34nus
31st March, 2010, 09:23 AM
Got V4.0E with homebrew previously installed and getting the ERROR (ret = -1035) ?

Anyone have a solution please?

ck-ok
31st March, 2010, 05:34 PM
Got V4.0E with homebrew previously installed and getting the ERROR (ret = -1035) ?

Anyone have a solution please?

try this,read the readme file

gashmin
26th April, 2010, 11:00 PM
Hi new to this board but can some one help me out
trying to softmad 4.1e and keep getting message have you already done this but still can not downgrade the firmware to install usb loader hbc on though?

gashmin
26th April, 2010, 11:39 PM
ok so I tried the software in post 160 and still have the same problem can not finf cios249
and error 1035 installing ios16

any help would be greatly appreciated.

ck-ok
27th April, 2010, 06:21 AM
ok so I tried the software in post 160 and still have the same problem can not finf cios249
and error 1035 installing ios16

any help would be greatly appreciated.

go online update to 4.2 and softmod with this tut http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f16/wii-4-2e-softmod-tutorial-easy-follow-guide-67927/ its bang up to date

gashmin
27th April, 2010, 03:11 PM
go online update to 4.2 and softmod with this tut http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f16/wii-4-2e-softmod-tutorial-easy-follow-guide-67927/ its bang up to date

That worked great many thanks for that mate, I had bounced around a few forums and the general talk was dont upgrade to 4.2 but that has worked just fine.

Could I ask you a question as you clearly are in the know. I have now put usb loader gx on with the homebrew but it has to run from the sd is there a version that installs as a channel?

ck-ok
27th April, 2010, 05:08 PM
That worked great many thanks for that mate, I had bounced around a few forums and the general talk was dont upgrade to 4.2 but that has worked just fine.

Could I ask you a question as you clearly are in the know. I have now put usb loader gx on with the homebrew but it has to run from the sd is there a version that installs as a channel?

try this Digital Kaos - Downloads - usb loader gx r919 full channel (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/usb-loader-gx-r919-full-channel-1157/)