PDA

View Full Version : Guide: Flashing a Dreambox with Dreamup

Devilfish
13th February, 2008, 08:16 PM
How Do I Use Dreamup?

If, for any reason, your box won't boot, you will have to use Dreamup to flash an image instead of Flash Wizard Pro or any other method. You won't be able to connect via ethernet so no ip address is required. It may be that the process simply hung up during flashing or you accidentally pulled the plug half way through (yes it did happen to me). This will get you back on track.

Required

Null Modem Cable (this is NOT the same as a serial or rs232 cable, although it looks the same)

Image File (.img)
DreamUp Program

Instructions

Disconnect all cables from your dreambox, including the power
Connect the null modem cable to the dreambox and to your PC
Load Dreamup.exe
Click Connect and you will see a message like this

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1434/dreamup1fv2.jpg

Connect the power and the bootloader should be copied to the box
The message should now say 'Box attached and Ready'
Click Flash on the right hand side and select the image to be flashed

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5605/dreamup2tc0.jpg

Click Yes or Ya (depending on the version)

Note: If you're flashing a backup image, select NO.

The image should then be uploaded to the box
There will be a countdown timer at the bottom of the program

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/9351/dreamup3kk2.jpg

After the image is uploaded, it will be flashed to memory
The finished process should look like this:

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2238/dreamup4ka6.jpg

Click OK and close down Dreamup
Power off the dreambox for 30 seconds then power up
If any errors appear, check all cables are connected properly and repeat the process but do not use the PC while it's running

Good Luck!

opsmonkey
24th June, 2009, 10:39 PM
cheers DF.. a welcomed addition to the DB sat section.. ;)

alfiezuk
7th August, 2009, 12:09 PM
Hi

Can some one show me how i can upload the Cccam 1.2 files on dm500s.

Many Thanks

mitchell787
14th August, 2009, 09:43 AM
ive done the dreamup with darkstar2

i connected box to router with ethernet
dloaded cccam2.0.10
then added satanbundle

and alas nothing

im missing something?

mitchell787
14th August, 2009, 09:45 AM
have you dloaded cccam via addons menu

rickster1
23rd August, 2009, 09:20 PM
hi mate wanering if you can point me in right direction my mate got sky and just bought a dreambox can you tell me what i need to do to it to get channels ive done it for cable no probs not sure if same for sky cheers m8

dsledge
27th August, 2009, 12:25 PM
Anyone know how i restart the cccam wont give me the option by holding down the info button

Bonesy
13th September, 2009, 05:26 PM
Anyone know how i restart the cccam wont give me the option by holding down the info button

If using dk1.1 just hold info button for 3 secs will do it.

Bard
16th October, 2009, 07:45 AM
Hi all!

I flashed E2 (newnigma2) into my box before last weekend, and it worked fine. However it took ages to boot, and I tried a few days ago to flash my "old" Gemini 4.50 image back as that has been working without problems for a long time.

My problem is that the box won't connect to DreamUp. Both lights at the front are on (the red and the green), but it is strange I cannot connect from my pc to the box. When I click the Flash-button and connect the AC, the box don't return any signal, and the connection stops where it says "connection prepared, please switch on the Dreambox". It won't go any further than that.

I hope I haven't done anything wrong, but can anyone shed some light as to what I can do? All help most appreciated. I've spent a few nights trying to sort it, but I can't find anything on the net that helps. Thanks!

Bard.

a-nico
25th October, 2009, 12:54 PM
Hi guys , I am trying to upload a new image on my DM500+ with dream up utility and after i do the process the result is always the same Ivalid flash and the dream box will be unusable now . can some body tell me what I am doing wrong .I checked all the cables and all is good
Thanks

Bulld0g
25th October, 2009, 12:57 PM
The image might be corrupt. Try downloading it again or try a different image

bond0075
3rd November, 2009, 09:09 AM
[QUOTE = Devilfish; 217222]Comment puis-je utiliser DreamUp?

Si, pour une raison quelconque, votre bo?te ne sera pas de d?marrage, vous devrez utiliser DreamUp ? clignoter une image au lieu de Flash Wizard Pro ou toute autre m?thode. Vous ne serez pas en mesure de se connecter via ethernet si aucune adresse IP n'est n?cessaire. Il mai ?tre que le processus tout simplement raccroch? au cours de clignotants ou vous avez accidentellement appuy? sur la prise ? mi-chemin ? travers (oui ce n'est pas arriv? ? moi). Cela vous mettra sur les rails.

N?cessaire

Null Modem Cable (ce qui est PAS la m?me chose qu'une s?rie ou un c?ble RS232, bien qu'il semble le m?me)

Image File (. Img)
DreamUp Programme

Instructions

D?branchez tous les c?bles de votre Dreambox, y compris le pouvoir
Branchez le c?ble null modem ? la Dreambox et ? votre PC
Load Dreamup.exe
Cliquez sur Connect et vous verrez un message comme celui-ci

Branchez l'alimentation et le chargeur de d?marrage doit ?tre copi? dans la bo?te
Le message doit maintenant dire ?Case-joint et Ready '
Flash Cliquez sur le c?t? droit et s?lectionnez l'image pour ?tre flash?

Cliquez sur Oui ou Ya (selon la version)
Note: Si vous ?tes clignoter une image de sauvegarde, s?lectionnez NO.

L'image doit ensuite ?tre envoy? ? la bo?te
Il y aura un compte ? rebours au bas du programme

Lorsque l'image est t?l?charg?, il sera flash? ? m?moire
Le processus final devrait ressembler ? ceci:

DreamUp cliquez sur OK et fermer
Eteignez la Dreambox pendant 30 secondes puis mettez hors tension
Si des erreurs apparaissent, v?rifiez tous les c?bles sont branch?s correctement et r?p?tez le processus, mais n'utilisez pas l'ordinateur pendant qu'il est en cours d'ex?cution
Bonne chance![/ QUOTE]
Bonjour,
pa possible telecharger le ficher.. possible me envoyer par E-mail.. merci:bird:

stuer42
16th November, 2009, 02:13 PM
What is wrong? I`v got initaling H T T P or something and nothing is happining....?

deere6850
10th December, 2009, 05:39 PM
Hi all,
New to the site and am amazed at all the info supplied.
I'm trying to flash a DM 500S, however I'm having some difficulty.
Firstly, when I open Dreamup, there are only three commands, Connect/Disconnect, Flash and Exit in the Command section. There is no Ping etc commands so have I got a correct Dreamup version?
Secondly, when I connect to the box via a null modem cable, I get the following in the log:
16:12:49 box type: DM500
That's as far as I can go as the Flash button is shaded and can't be used and I get no activity in the Progress bar.
Any thoughts?

deere6850
11th December, 2009, 12:22 PM
Turns out that my cable was not a true null modem cable, so got a proper one and all is working

raheel59
11th December, 2009, 06:43 PM
Hi, can I connect dreambox with eathernet cable?

Nibor
14th December, 2009, 08:00 AM
Hi, can I connect dreambox with eathernet cable?

yes you can, but I would have used Flashwizard then....
Normally I use FW, because then i can flash boxes via LAN or even WAN :angel: but you need a really good line then....

satfan54
23rd December, 2009, 09:00 PM
Thanks. Got me out of a real hole.

dunfallinover
27th December, 2009, 12:49 PM
Sincere thanks for explaining the job so well and making it straightforward . My DM500 stopped working after power supply failed and wouldn't boot with a replacement ( CCTV 2A 12v recommended elsewhere on this forum )

Ethernet port wouldn't open so used Dream up but found although reflashing went ok box still wouldn.t get past the splash screen on PLi Jade 3 or Digital Kaos 1 or 1.1 .

Successfully flashed with older version of Pli Jade ( clogged up RAM ? )then did factory reset and upgraded via LAN . Very many thanks for all the help and Happy New Year:bounce:

funkysy
27th December, 2009, 08:29 PM
hi i'm new to this satallite thing, i've done alot of eurovox boxes but i like to learn about satallite one.
so basicly does it work to same as a eurovox but going through sat-dish and that you get the same channels aswell?

hope u can help, would very gratefully
many thanks

opsmonkey
27th December, 2009, 08:34 PM
hi i'm new to this satallite thing, i've done alot of eurovox boxes but i like to learn about satallite one.
so basicly does it work to same as a eurovox but going through sat-dish and that you get the same channels aswell?

hope u can help, would very gratefully
many thanks

its nothing like cable mate.. its way more complex.. sat is not just FTPing a few files over..

if you are after Sky UK forget it its not open and never will be..

the encryption on sat is higher end

eastriver
28th December, 2009, 11:37 PM
Hi, I'm having hard time with my DM500 only showing a green light with no responce what so ever , well dreamUp help ? and how wold I know if the flash its self is damaged or not ??
If some one can help please!!!

funkysy
30th December, 2009, 03:34 PM
its nothing like cable mate.. its way more complex.. sat is not just FTPing a few files over..

if you are after Sky UK forget it its not open and never will be..

the encryption on sat is higher end

so you can't get any sky channels with these boxes then!!!!!!!

Bulld0g
30th December, 2009, 03:50 PM
No. It's not like cable as has already been stated.

Bulld0g
30th December, 2009, 03:52 PM
Hi, I'm having hard time with my DM500 only showing a green light with no responce what so ever , well dreamUp help ? and how wold I know if the flash its self is damaged or not ??

Reflash the box . It might be a bad flash.

dahsissa
2nd January, 2010, 05:04 PM
hi guys does anyone got a gemini 4.5 link or the gemini 4.6

Bulld0g
2nd January, 2010, 05:07 PM
hi guys does anyone got a gemini 4.5 link or the gemini 4.6

Have a look and see what here m8 Digital Kaos - Downloads - Images (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/dlcat-images-2/)

visi6630
3rd January, 2010, 08:52 PM
I have recently bought a DM500S.
i installed PLI image and evrything worked great.
the first moment i tried to install some app from internet on it, it freezed for a moment and did not respond any more.
i tried to reset it pluging out the power supply but when i reinserted power it did not respond any more.
the lightindicator turns on green but nothing appears on tv.
trying to acces it from my pc via ftp, no response from it.
trying to flash it, still no response.

Please Help, is there something i can do to revive it or i must buy an other one?

please PM me or post here

ahmadzaineldin
10th January, 2010, 05:18 PM
:ciao:hi all, I'm new to dreambox.. I looked around for some answers around the net.. but I couldn't find the answer till now... the question is: from where does the box get the fresh codes, and is it an automatic process for update?.. thanx

Nibor
10th January, 2010, 05:34 PM
:ciao:hi all, I'm new to dreambox.. I looked around for some answers around the net.. but I couldn't find the answer till now... the question is: from where does the box get the fresh codes, and is it an automatic process for update?.. thanx

You will need a sat card, or start CS (witch is illegal) to get codes.
There is also possibilities to have a small SW that is updating files on your DB (also illegal)

But, if you have a card from any provider, it is enough to have a cam om your DB to update it so it can read your card.

Fex; MgCamnd/NewCS (PS: this is not cardsharing CS to use this)

:ciao:

biggp
17th January, 2010, 01:50 AM
hi all just got a box its got old firmware in it where to to find update and how to install it can i download via ethernet lead

biggp
17th January, 2010, 01:53 AM
also cant seem to get cccam to work is that because of old software sorry did not say what box its a dbox 500

Nibor
17th January, 2010, 01:56 AM
also cant seem to get cccam to work is that because of old software sorry did not say what box its a dbox 500

I would have flashed it with a new FW, and installed a cam that have what you need.
You will find guides in this forum how you can do this...

I would recommend a MaxVar image.

:bike:

najwalia
24th January, 2010, 12:04 AM
HI ,TO ALL
I HAVE DM800 HD ORIGINAL , I FLASH GEMINI IMAGE VIA WEB BROWSER LAST TIME TO MY BOX. IT WAS VERY EASY FOR ME .JUST I PRESS POWER BUTTON HOLD FOR SOME TIME ***STOP*** THEN I GOT IP . ... NOW I WANT TO CHANGE IMAGE ,BUT I AM NOT GETTING ***STOP*** OR IP . IT IS SAME RECEIVER SAME CABLE SAME ROUTER .CAN ANY BODY HELP PLEASE .
THANK YOU

Nibor
24th January, 2010, 12:24 AM
HI ,TO ALL
I HAVE DM800 HD ORIGINAL , I FLASH GEMINI IMAGE VIA WEB BROWSER LAST TIME TO MY BOX. IT WAS VERY EASY FOR ME .JUST I PRESS POWER BUTTON HOLD FOR SOME TIME ***STOP*** THEN I GOT IP . ... NOW I WANT TO CHANGE IMAGE ,BUT I AM NOT GETTING ***STOP*** OR IP . IT IS SAME RECEIVER SAME CABLE SAME ROUTER .CAN ANY BODY HELP PLEASE .
THANK YOU

start your box the normal way, uncheck DHCP in network, and try again...
do you reach it via a browser?

najwalia
24th January, 2010, 12:33 AM
THANK YOU FOR REPLAY MR NIBOR
I TRY ED THAT WAY ALSO .DHCP OFF .I PUT IP 192.168.1.7
BUT STILL SAME .IF I MAKE DHCP ON .192.168.1.2 IP IS SHOWING IN THE RECEIVER , BUT WHEN I PRESS POWER BUTTON BLACK DISPLAY ON THE RECEIVER LED , I COULD NOT REACH TO THE BROWSER THIS TIME , LAST MONTH 2 TIME I DID WITH BROWSER EASY ,BUT NOT THIS TIME . THANK YOU

Nibor
24th January, 2010, 12:37 AM
THANK YOU FOR REPLAY MR NIBOR
I TRY ED THAT WAY ALSO .DHCP OFF .I PUT IP 192.168.1.7
BUT STILL SAME .IF I MAKE DHCP ON .192.168.1.2 IP IS SHOWING . THANK YOU

if there is no green V next to DHCP and it is 192.168.1.2 you should try to restart your DB, hold the power button in when you boot it, if it not starts as normal, try to use fex Firefox and go to 192.168.1.2

Most likely your problem is solved :hmpf:

najwalia
24th January, 2010, 12:55 AM
NO SIR , SAME THING . EVEN I RESTART DM , RESTART ROUTER , BUT ITS GOING EVERY TIME IN TO OLD IMAGE . HOW TO USE FIX FIREFOX .I AM SORRY . FOR MY ENGLISH
THANK YOU

Nibor
24th January, 2010, 01:19 AM
NO SIR , SAME THING . EVEN I RESTART DM , RESTART ROUTER , BUT ITS GOING EVERY TIME IN TO OLD IMAGE . HOW TO USE FIX FIREFOX .I AM SORRY . FOR MY ENGLISH
THANK YOU

fex=for example

pull out the power cord, push and hold the power button(on the dreambox, NOT the remote), insert the power cord AS YOU HOLD THE POWER button in...
It should now stop and give you a DHCP adress, or 192.168.1.2 if you have set this IP.
Then try with Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera etc on 192.168.1.2, OR the adress in the DB display

Nibor
24th January, 2010, 01:36 AM
any luck...?

najwalia
24th January, 2010, 01:41 AM
THANK YOU MR NIBOR
I DID THAT BUT ON DREAMBOX LED BLACK NOTHING IS THERE ,BUT I CAN SEE BACK OF DM NETWORK CONNECTOR RG 45 , IN THE CONNECTOR THERE IS RED+GREEN LIGHT .THEN I TRYED IN WEB BROWSER WITH IP .IT IS GIVEN SOMTHING DIFRENT FOR CHANNELS AND OTHERES BUT NOT FOR IMAGE .
THANK YOU

Nibor
24th January, 2010, 01:49 AM
seen this?

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/how-flash-dm800-via-web-browser-55296/

najwalia
24th January, 2010, 01:55 AM
i knew this
### How to flash a dm800 via web browser ### (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/how-flash-dm800-via-web-browser-55296/)
last time i did with same detraction . but this time bad luck
thank you very much mr nibor

najwalia
24th January, 2010, 01:58 AM
mr nibor . can i telnet the image with DCC . if yes . then how
thank you

Nibor
24th January, 2010, 02:03 AM
dont remember 100%, but if you use dreamup you should be able to fix it:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/guide-flashing-dreambox-dreamup-42950/

kerman
24th January, 2010, 02:10 AM
hello i cant see the files to download and when i want to post new thread i cant find in forum new thread
thanks

najwalia
24th January, 2010, 02:15 AM
thank you mr nibor .
i tried with dreamup also when i press connect in the dreamup programmer .after i plug my receiver to power black receiver led . no response.i do not know whats wrong with the receiver or Gemini image is not allow to upgrade other image , but receiver is working fine , with Gemini ,only the problem when i want to change the channel i have to use left+right button , not up+down
is there any siltstone ?? so i can change channels with up down button
thank you

Nibor
24th January, 2010, 02:24 AM
hello i cant see the files to download and when i want to post new thread i cant find in forum new thread
thanks

are you logged in? :wavey:

Nibor
24th January, 2010, 02:26 AM
thank you mr nibor .
i tried with dreamup also when i press connect in the dreamup programmer .after i plug my receiver to power black receiver led . no response.i do not know whats wrong with the receiver or Gemini image is not allow to upgrade other image , but receiver is working fine , with Gemini ,only the problem when i want to change the channel i have to use left+right button , not up+down
is there any siltstone ?? so i can change channels with up down button
thank you

have you enabled/disabled the "dont open serial port"?
it should be disabled to get access

najwalia
24th January, 2010, 02:35 AM
--------------------
in the receiver or in the computer?
thank you?

Nibor
24th January, 2010, 03:02 PM
--------------------
in the receiver or in the computer?
thank you?

In the expert menu on the Dreambox

torreseemee
24th January, 2010, 05:50 PM
i have to learn more about this...
i am newbie..

Nibor
24th January, 2010, 05:53 PM
i have to learn more about this...
i am newbie..

There is plenty of guides on this forum, where you will learn everything :thrasher:

ymag
28th January, 2010, 10:02 AM
Thank you for the instructions.

However; finding a pc or a notebook with a serial port is very hard to find these days and with almost all "usb 2 serial" cables not functioning well, i hope an alternative solution can be found sometime soon.

My only solution, until now, is a 15 year old notebook which I hope it doesn't totally break down until another solution is out.

Nibor
28th January, 2010, 05:23 PM
Thank you for the instructions.

However; finding a pc or a notebook with a serial port is very hard to find these days and with almost all "usb 2 serial" cables not functioning well, i hope an alternative solution can be found sometime soon.

My only solution, until now, is a 15 year old notebook which I hope it doesn't totally break down until another solution is out.

Yeah I know.... I use a USB to RS232 adaptor from DealExtreme: Cool Gadgets at the Right Price - Site-Wide Free Shipping (Page 1) (http://www.dealextreme.com) and it works 100%

Then you get a normal Null modem cable connected to the adaptor, and everything works.

I have tried to use a direct USB to serial cable with little luck...

:hmpf:

harryh38
28th January, 2010, 06:53 PM
Its sticking on loading enigma likely due to me deleting some thing I shouldnt. Is there a reboot/ recovery ?
Its a year or so since I first flashed the box and setup.
The dreamup guide look good but is it the complete set up that I need to where the dreambox manual take over the instrution.
Ill give it ago after down loading dreamup.
harry

Nibor
28th January, 2010, 07:01 PM
Its sticking on loading enigma likely due to me deleting some thing I shouldnt. Is there a reboot/ recovery ?
Its a year or so since I first flashed the box and setup.
The dreamup guide look good but is it the complete set up that I need to where the dreambox manual take over the instrution.
Ill give it ago after down loading dreamup.
harry

As long as you have a bootloader that works, dreamup should do everything right....even if you miss anything on your DB and uses a image that is complete.... (when you are flashing a DB you are rewriting everything in flash)

Have you tried different images?

When you have flashed the box with a image that is good, restart the box and everything should work.

(it should boot properly, but you might see the boot image on the screen as you dont have any channels but when you click fex menu, you should get the menu)

dede6023
12th February, 2010, 09:53 PM
OK, but what about ?f the 'Flash' button does not get activated ?
I get :
Dreambox DM600PVR
and then nothing else ...

Thanks

jdar002
14th February, 2010, 12:41 PM
Hi everyone.
This site looks like it has all the info I am going to need...
Great!

I am just about to flash my db500 with the latest gemini image.
As I've read the gemini is the most powerful one...
Will this enable my db to sync to more sat channels?
What other advantages do we get from flashing another image?

Sorry about the questions... I am a true newbie!

Snagglepuss
26th February, 2010, 02:26 PM
I'm a newbie too but thanks to great posts like this one I'll soon be an expert!

ap2
28th February, 2010, 07:18 PM
Hi, I'm new to the DM800 and have a clone.
Do I need a special version of dreamup to flash my clone?

rayyen
4th March, 2010, 11:15 PM

same question here

bigal993
6th March, 2010, 11:31 AM
thanks m8, my dm 600 still stuck at http inializing

jazzymeme
6th March, 2010, 06:16 PM
hi guys
newbie can any 1 tell me the difference between the two xheers ...just also wondered is the flashing process same as cable d boxes?

winningside
6th March, 2010, 06:34 PM
I was wondering if there are a couple of images from I could choose for my dreambox 500c

Gozno
7th March, 2010, 05:37 PM
No, worked for me on my clone.

bayboy72
12th March, 2010, 04:15 AM
In reading this thread it seems i don't have to ask any ?? they have already been answered! cheers every1!!! Thanks Devilfish!

mark835
20th March, 2010, 03:05 PM
Hi Guys
I have just flashed my dreambox 500s with this image Digital Kaos v1.1 Image for Dm500 C/S/T (4.86 MB) using dreamuplan but now it just goes round showing the digital kaos logo then switching off. Any ideals whats wrong?

mickkarn
29th March, 2010, 08:01 AM
can anyone tell me how many different images there are that ca be used on the dm500s and what is different about them all. any help would be appriciated, thanks.

tammac26
30th March, 2010, 07:02 PM
hi there new to all this how hard is it to flash my dream box 500s to get skysports thanks

thezafiraman
4th April, 2010, 12:28 PM
Hi, Guys I need some help.I tried to flash a new 500s yesterday and connected a null modem cable.it went to the' Connection prepared,now switch on the dreambox' stage and nothing else. I tried to reconnect afew times but no joy.Now the DB doesn't switch on any more.Have I wrecked it.Is there any thing I can do? Thanks in advance.Using Dream up 1.3.2.1

Lotus786
9th April, 2010, 11:00 PM
[
Hello i cannont download these thing can you expain why and i am a new member i just joined today

ozzy_paul
11th April, 2010, 05:16 AM
Hi all, I`m new to this forum. I have a DM518S and I cant connect to it via Null modem cable and Dreamup. I made the cable my self and have double and triple checked it. (its good). I want to change the image thats on the 518 but I cant get dreamup to work. Any ideas/suggestions??

bap27
11th April, 2010, 10:18 AM
i have to say the detail and the help on these forums are fantastic i have searched the internet about info on the dreambox 500s and just got baffled i have been on this site 30mins and have found out so much . thanks people . still wont be able to do much with it as im a total tool at these things i just have this fear the minute i try to do anyting on the dreambox i will blow it up

mHumle
27th April, 2010, 09:39 AM
:afraid:
At the beginning of flashing, the DreamUp 1.3.3.5 aborts with "Aborted by User, Exiting"
Connect goes fine. DM500 recognized.
No difference what image I use.
No matter if I chose Erase Flash or not.

Started all this after getting problems on Gemini 4.7, where the channels "dropped out" = I could only see channels from the 1 sat. Sometimes A, other times B. Have changed the LNB twice. Satellite posistion lost (no listing), but still saw Thor and Sirius. Also loaded/updated sat-list, then a lot of strange sats were listed - not Thor and Sirius.

Is it dead? :confused:

cgscott
27th April, 2010, 10:07 AM
:afraid:
At the beginning of flashing, the DreamUp 1.3.3.5 aborts with "Aborted by User, Exiting"
Connect goes fine. DM500 recognized.
No difference what image I use.
No matter if I chose Erase Flash or not.

Started all this after getting problems on Gemini 4.7, where the channels "dropped out" = I could only see channels from the 1 sat. Sometimes A, other times B. Have changed the LNB twice. Satellite posistion lost (no listing), but still saw Thor and Sirius. Also loaded/updated sat-list, then a lot of strange sats were listed - not Thor and Sirius.

Is it dead? :confused:

Change the version of dreamup. This is why you are getting the abort error.

mHumle
27th April, 2010, 10:27 AM
Yes :-) Thanks. Just found a working version 1.3.3.2.
Also I had to have the network connected. Thought it was an option.
Good forum - THANKS GUYS!!
Almost went NUTS over this ;-)

ermanu
28th April, 2010, 03:22 PM
Hello,
My dreambox is dead.
I want to flash with dreamup.
No problem with connection.
I click on connect then power on the DM
Dreamup uploads the flash but stays at upload completed, waiting for acknowledge.
Changing cable or dreamup version didn't change the result.
What can I do?
Thank you

Nibor
28th April, 2010, 03:24 PM
Hello,
My dreambox is dead.
I want to flash with dreamup.
No problem with connection.
I click on connect then power on the DM
Dreamup uploads the flash but stays at upload completed, waiting for acknowledge.
Changing cable or dreamup version didn't change the result.
What can I do?
Thank you

Just restart the DB and everything should be ok....

aahmed69
1st May, 2010, 07:38 PM
I have the same problem on DM600, it just sits there waiting for an acknowledgement. Restarting it does not solve the problem.

Nibor
1st May, 2010, 08:00 PM
I have the same problem on DM600, it just sits there waiting for an acknowledgement. Restarting it does not solve the problem.

try to flash again... with latest dreamup....
if that doesnt work, try a older version of dreamup...

M0usey
5th May, 2010, 12:55 AM
Required

Null Modem Cable (this is NOT the same as a serial or rs232 cable, although it looks the same)

Image File (.img)
DreamUp Program

Hi,
Please can someone explain to me what is an 'image file' and where I can get/download this? Thank you very much

dreamon500
5th May, 2010, 07:48 AM
Is anyone out there with a solution for the timebomb with ver. 4.3.1 and above. I?m having problems with my dm500S.

Thanks anyone for replying!

Nibor
5th May, 2010, 10:59 AM
Required

Image File (.img)
DreamUp Program

Hi,
Please can someone explain to me what is an 'image file' and where I can get/download this? Thank you very much

The image file is the "operating system" that you need to use the box, like windows on a pc.
As on pc`s there are many different, and you need to try different to find out what you like.
But basically, everyone does the same, but with different skins/look.

You also need to download and install cam`s, this is a small "programm" that you need to read cards etc...

Hope this was helpful :pepsi:

ashraf810
16th May, 2010, 08:03 PM
reading of the posts and reply is of great help,thannks for all:coffin:

arva
23rd May, 2010, 04:15 PM
I use dream up 1.3.3.4 to flash 3 dm600.
The first 2 flashed normally but the third when I connect the power the program recognize the dm600 but nothing else happening...

ypt
29th May, 2010, 05:31 PM
ive done this today! :)
thanks!

opahein
30th May, 2010, 09:57 PM
Wher can i download dreamup older version ?latest version 1.3.3.5 is not working correct:giveup:

jiji2010
13th June, 2010, 08:59 AM
my dream box reciver is blocked no channels shown, what can I do to see all channels, OSN, Sky channels...etc....

deviljr
14th July, 2010, 02:59 AM
help, im getting upload error when i try to flash using dreamup.

nabets
16th July, 2010, 03:32 PM
I use dreamup, dreamup patch and web browser to flash it successfully but still the same can't boot up ,the oled display show " ERR01 No CA Found",i suspect is the sim card , because after i update the new software thru internet then this thing happen,is there any other way to recover the receiver , please help me thank you.

GSSAT
22nd July, 2010, 12:52 PM
i`ll take dreamup from yah tnx!

redout
22nd July, 2010, 06:14 PM
Serious question - why do people flash with dreamup via a null modem cable when it seems more straightforward to use flash wizard or just use the browser via an ethernet cable ?

westkill
22nd July, 2010, 06:25 PM
Serious question - why do people flash with dreamup via a null modem cable when it seems more straightforward to use flash wizard or just use the browser via an ethernet cable ?
dreamup is used as the main flashing method which over comes most problems most likey if box has crashed which happends to most once and a while lol
or problems on your network cant ping your box , bad flash or some thing :)

redout
22nd July, 2010, 06:40 PM
Cheers man - It seems that I have been quite fortunate. Flashed my two boxes about 10 times mostly via the browser and never had any trouble.

redout
23rd July, 2010, 05:14 PM
I keep getting as far as flashing the image about 5% then this keeps appearing - anyone know what is going wrong ?

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/5440/30428691.jpg

I have tried it with 3 different images now Gemini, Pli and Darkstar.

Only reason I have tried dreamup is because I installed a Gemini image to a dm500 and all I got is the Gemini logo appear and everything else was froze.

redout
23rd July, 2010, 05:52 PM
Now tried a different version of dreamup and get just over 50% through the flash and this appears:

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/7158/29939602.jpg

redout
23rd July, 2010, 06:33 PM
Nevermind lads - I finally got it to work after 5 different versions of dreamup!

No idea why the other four would not work but ended up getting it with a really old 1.2.2.0

Westkill - talk about jinxing ones self - LoL

rosand
24th July, 2010, 04:49 PM
Do all the fw2 work for the boxes?

redout
24th July, 2010, 07:06 PM
Do all the fw2 work for the boxes?

I think fw2 are for enigma 1 only.

joespecs
28th July, 2010, 07:20 PM
SOS to the experts. I'm also knew to this. my dilemma is:

have a dm500c box i got of a friend because when his channels last went off didn't know what to. So i to the box and decided to have a go at it. Can someone tell me where i am going wrong. below is the steps i have followed.

connect null cable to dreambox & PC
load dreamup.exe
connected successfully
connected the power & the bootloader copied successfully.
click flash, flashed successfully (tried two diff images)
clicked ok and closed dreamup and rebooted the dreambox
ran flashfxp, entered ip address and copied the files from the keys and scee folder over to dreambox panel. successfully.
exited session when complete.
rebooted the dreambox and connected to the tv.
went to setup and done a automatic scan for the channels. when complete some channels came on. only the freebies. went to skysports and held info for 3 sec to start/restart evocam.

Would be grateful for all help and thanx in advance.

if its any help my location is belfast.

if anything i think it doesn't work because either i have the wrong img, keys and scee files.

if anyone can point me in the rite direction. you's will be legends in my eyes.

cheers

franko

Kofta_967
29th July, 2010, 10:59 PM

Hi i have the same problem but i cant flash it using dream up, all it brings is a "dream box connected and ready" even if dream box is disconnecetd Thank u !!

ramma
4th August, 2010, 04:53 PM
Hello.

I got some problems with my DB 500-S.

When I connected a TCP cable on the box before, it came a green/orange light inside the box.
But when I plug the cable now, it wont detect it.
Someone know what the problem can be?
Tried to reflash, but the same...

Thanks

yojik24
4th August, 2010, 08:40 PM
Check if the lan enabled

melloned
8th August, 2010, 06:50 PM
:( Trying to load darkster 2 to my DM500 using Devilfishes excellent guide , the box connects fine , when i start the flash , "uploading file to box" displays , it gets to 2 bars on the progress scale , then " aborted by user , exiting" displays .
Any idea's anyone ? :hmmmm2:

domirudi
15th September, 2010, 08:46 AM
can anybody help me with my problem in db 500s?
when i mount a new image i use dreamup with null modem cable.
it said to me
ping result ok,box is alive adn speaking to us.

at the end said flashed sucessfully.
at reboot it doesnt give a signal and doesnt respond on remote ,or button near green led.after reboot green led stay on and doesnt change.

can anybody help me please????

Is dead my dreambox 500?
how can i repair it?

domirudi
25th September, 2010, 08:18 AM
anything to suggest for my problem??????
:congrats:

Bulld0g
25th September, 2010, 08:20 AM
can anybody help me with my problem in db 500s?
when i mount a new image i use dreamup with null modem cable.
it said to me
ping result ok,box is alive adn speaking to us.

at the end said flashed sucessfully.
at reboot it doesnt give a signal and doesnt respond on remote ,or button near green led.after reboot green led stay on and doesnt change.

can anybody help me please????

Is dead my dreambox 500?
how can i repair it?

It might be a bad flash reflash it again, if it's still the same use a different image and different version of dreamup.

primavera
25th September, 2010, 11:02 PM
Se puede hacerlo con cable USB ? Gracias.

Kjetil73
29th September, 2010, 09:21 PM
Hi!
I have a problem with my DM800.
When i use DreamUp it stops on the command "upload completed,waiting for acknowledge" every time i try..
And the display shows: "Dream Multimedia ->error!

matecuk1
7th October, 2010, 10:36 PM
I am new to the forum and hope I have got this correct. Just a shout to say when flashing dm600 with image and Dreamup , be sure to hold the power button while you apply the power cord. This will cause the bootloader to be copied to the box.

sidnaz
9th October, 2010, 08:01 PM
hey we've been trying to download the latest nabilosat image
how do we do it ?

Bulld0g
9th October, 2010, 08:02 PM
hey we've been trying to download the latest nabilosat image
how do we do it ?

How are you tryng to do it ?

vini76
12th October, 2010, 03:39 PM
hi , can some one tell me how to get sky sports back on dreambox please

vini76
14th October, 2010, 11:00 PM
hi , can some one help me out i ben trin to conect dreambox to dreamup but it wont conect i dont know why ?

Grizz
15th October, 2010, 01:53 AM
hi , can some one help me out i ben trin to conect dreambox to dreamup but it wont conect i dont know why ?

you need a null modem cable and a computer with a serial port (or a usb adaptor for cable), then follow Devilfishs' excellent guide on page one of this thread. if you still have a problem be a bit more specific and someone will help.

renegmast
28th October, 2010, 03:20 PM
Hi guys. I'm hoping you can help me.

I have a DM500-S box that recently just sat there with the green led lit and didn't respond to any remote controls. Even after powering off and on, the usual yellow "GP" wasn't showing.
I've been reading through the forums and piecing together what I have to do to fix it, but I'm stuck.

I have gone through Dreamup and reflashed the box with pli-jade3. I've then used DCC to use the Addons button to put Ccam 2.1.4 on it.

Now I'm stuck. What do I do next? Do I connect it up to the TV and start sat scans and creating bouquets? I have a friend who has given me a line. Where do I input this information?

Thanks in advance.

smirnoff_rules
28th October, 2010, 03:23 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/sgtflipflop-skyuk-bouquets-updated-regularly-163750/index3.html u can add channels with dreambox edit . will save u

scanning

1-DreamUP V1.3.2.1 NEW
2-DreamBoxEdit V2.02 NEW
3-Dreambox Control Center v2.95 NEW
4-bitcontrol? MPEG-2 Decoder v2.1 NEW
5-bitcontrol? Digital TV Link 2.9 NEW
6-DVR-Studio Pro v1.56
7-Screenshot Tool v1.72
8-NFS Server v4.3 NEW
9-TS Converter V2.5
10.FLASHWIZARD v6.3

http://rapidshare.com/files/427618462/DreamBox_Tools_v3.0.exe

renegmast
28th October, 2010, 03:23 PM
can't edit above...

forgot to mention that whenever I connect with DCC, it reports "No BootManager Found". Is this something else I need to fix or just normal?

renegmast
29th October, 2010, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the link to the channels prog. VERY handy.

However, I fear I'm back to the start again. My DM500S isn't responding to the remote or the button on the front. To top it all off, I can't get DreamUp to connect to it so that I can retry a different image.
I'm stuck in a vicious circle.

The amber leds that flash on the inside that I'm assuming show network connectivity... sometimes they will light but more often will not.

If I do happen to get those leds to light. I then run Dreamup and it asks for the Dbox to be switched on, but because it doesn't respond, the only way to simulate this is to pull the power lead from the back and plug it back in. At this point the leds will not light again because of a power loss.
There is the green progress bar moving along and "uploads flash-loader", then "upload completed, awaiting acknowledge". And that's where it stays.

On the previous attempt at flashing my Dbox (when I made my 1st post) it went straight onto another progress bar and said it was communicating with the box.

I've tried Flash Wizard, but again, it's looking for an ip, and the box seems very temperamental about network connectivity.

Is my 500S a write off, or are there other things I could try to resurrect it?

Thanks in advance.

Funman
11th November, 2010, 07:37 PM
How to install cams manully?

bearbasket
15th November, 2010, 11:07 PM
:ridinghorse: Hi, Thanks all, enjoyed reading what I did most informative look foreward to reading more tomorrow. Just bought a D500s so need to learn a bit and this looks like the perfect site so thanks again.:wavey:

sam2sam
20th November, 2010, 02:37 PM
How Do I Use Dreamup?

If, for any reason, your box won't boot, you will have to use Dreamup to flash an image instead of Flash Wizard Pro or any other method. You won't be able to connect via ethernet so no ip address is required. It may be that the process simply hung up during flashing or you accidentally pulled the plug half way through (yes it did happen to me). This will get you back on track.

Required

Image File (.img)
DreamUp Program

Instructions

Load Dreamup.exe

If any errors appear, check all cables are connected properly and repeat the process but do not use the PC while it's running
Good Luck!

Thank you very much. it's going to be very helpful for so many users of the box

talktime
24th November, 2010, 02:51 PM
hi all,

i am new to the dm500s
i have just purchased a box and im trying to flash image on the box.
i have a null model cable but when connect via usb serial adapter it gives error message: READ FUNCTION FAILED (WIN ERROR CODE 995)

i have also tried the null modem cable directly via my old pc but on this its not doing anything?? i have tried 2 different cables same problem.

i have used the cables with the cable eurovox in the past, so they are working cables.

is the dm500s box faulty or am i missing something??

any help/guide will be post appreciated

many thanks in advance

seabeesty
27th November, 2010, 07:00 PM
hello everyone,

I am new to the world of satelite boxes having bought Dreambox 800hd from fleabay and am in need of help

the box worked for about a week with some crashing and green screens and now appears dead.

tried universal dreamup v1334 and connecting box by null modem cable to pc.

all i get is "connection prepared now switch on dreambox" have tried with and without holding down silver power button. apart from noise of fan and green/yellow light nothing happens

can anyone help me please ?

colin

jonesy29
28th November, 2010, 08:50 PM
hi new to this could you tell me what is and where do i get the image file from (.img) thanks

Amiel
29th November, 2010, 12:13 AM
Hi guys , I am trying to upload a new image on my DM500+ with dream up utility and after i do the process the result is always the same Ivalid flash and the dream box will be unusable now . can some body tell me what I am doing wrong .I checked all the cables and all is good
Thanks

Which image is the best for the DM500S :ridinghorse:

trance
4th December, 2010, 04:01 AM
niice 1, used this tut after a long time still very helpful

oldsatfanman
4th December, 2010, 12:56 PM
I downloaded the Eagle panel and then tried to download settings I selected 08-04 lite motor and when I went to reboot I just get the Eagle Image flashing every 5 seconds. Ive tried to connect to the box with a null modem cable and it apperas to connect but wont let me flash the box .......Any help much appreciated.
Dreambox 500s
Dream Up version 1.3.2.0
Eagle Image 5.1

Grizz
11th December, 2010, 01:03 AM
try a different version of dreamup. welcome to DK

nevonline
18th December, 2010, 01:40 AM
Hi Thanks for this helpful guide

Samed me a lot of time

Thanks

jackbhana
18th December, 2010, 05:19 AM
Does anyone knwo what to do if dreamup hangs halfway thro. Saying aborted by user??

Grizz
18th December, 2010, 06:01 AM
Does anyone knwo what to do if dreamup hangs halfway thro. Saying aborted by user??

try a different version of dreamup. oh dejavu.

welcome to Dk.

ALMAKDISI
21st December, 2010, 06:27 PM
thanks for this information,is it true that the dreambox flashing doesn't work if your OS is vista and you should have XP?
many thanks

kauto
22nd December, 2010, 12:30 PM
I will try flash with dreamup. :)

the ferret
9th January, 2011, 05:28 PM
just like to say hi to everbody.
im having the same problem

haaneshk
9th January, 2011, 06:36 PM
Hi, tried this... but all i get is err01 in the osd disp.
The flash upload is complete, but it says "initilazing".

Any tips?

###UPDATED###
Just changed dream up version 1.3.3.5 to 1.3.3.2 and everything seemed to be working.

andy91
10th January, 2011, 05:03 PM
anyone tell me how i can get this software

Try starting a thread instead of hijacking this with your first post.

Andy.

bijump
28th January, 2011, 06:18 PM
:alberteinstein:My computer not able to read the dreambox 500s, cant even find dreamup.exe. Please help
How Do I Use Dreamup?

Required

Image File (.img)
DreamUp Program

Instructions

Load Dreamup.exe

Good Luck!

h1_to_1
11th February, 2011, 02:29 PM
Does any find this slow? It's taking 60mins to flash a box (dm800)

sidonfire
19th February, 2011, 09:02 PM
The green light on my box keeps on all the time. I removed all the wires, reconnected them. checked for loose connections. kept the box off for few hours but nothing seems to be working.

Guess i need to flash via dream up? Guide me if i am wrong or if someone has a alternative solution

How Do I Use Dreamup?

Required

Image File (.img)
DreamUp Program

Instructions

Load Dreamup.exe

Good Luck!

ymehmood
25th February, 2011, 10:14 AM
Thanx for this tutorial. Is there any way I can see the images, as imageshack gives unregistered domain error.

Thanx in advance

How Do I Use Dreamup?

Required

Image File (.img)
DreamUp Program

Instructions

Load Dreamup.exe

Good Luck!

slaskuser
5th March, 2011, 02:54 PM
After changing skin on my 500c it simply refused to boot properly afterward. I can ping it, but neither FTP or telnet works, so no possibility to manually clean the mess.

Hopefully this will work...

adil007
7th March, 2011, 09:46 PM
Could windows 7 be a reason why i am not able to connect to my DM via Dream up ?

Specialized
13th March, 2011, 11:02 AM
Could windows 7 be a reason why i am not able to connect to my DM via Dream up ?

Had the same problem. I cut the cable open and soldered it "crossed" scheme, then box connected ! I think often people thinks "null modem" are simular to "serial" but you have to go with "crossed", and remember to read the pins from the right end 1-9 in both ends :flute:

http://www.home-machine-shop.com/bits/NULL_MODEM_CABLE.jpg

Specialized
13th March, 2011, 11:08 AM
After changing skin on my 500c it simply refused to boot properly afterward. I can ping it, but neither FTP or telnet works, so no possibility to manually clean the mess.

Hopefully this will work...

In the enigma 2 you can go in settings file in tuxbox and clear the default skin text to "" from "skinname" and it will boot up with the standard skin.

Im affraid in dm500s/enigma 1 you will have to do a reflash by rs232 port, since LAN function is not loaded when skin causes errors. FTP or DHCP is not working. Only way to connect box is the hard way ..

knanoop
15th March, 2011, 06:37 PM
Hi, I am new to dreambox. I bought a dreambox 500s with a Gemini version 1.0.8 and tried to ugrade it to Gemini version 4.7 using Flash Wizard 4.0, but it went wrong and the Flash Wizard Pro was hanging for about an hour and had to abort. I think now I have lost the image on the box, it doesn't reboot, so I guess I have to reflash the image. I have couple of questions if someone can help please:
1) Which Gemini version is better, stable and clone proof ?
2) Is there any other image better and popular than Gemini ?
3) Do I have to install any other plugins other than CCcam to bring it back to operation ?
3)

aap
19th March, 2011, 12:48 AM
I have the same problem as some of you.
Trying to flash my dreambox with dreamup.
After 20 seconds the message ?aborted by user?
What to do???
:beheaded:

satpal
19th March, 2011, 09:51 AM
Does anybody knows is there Linux-based and DreamUp-styled applications available anywhere?

Bulld0g
19th March, 2011, 10:05 AM
Does anybody knows is there Linux-based and DreamUp-styled applications available anywhere?

DreamUP 1.1 for Linux-Largest source of Dreambox Satellite Receiver (http://www.dreamboxfile.com/DM56x0/Utilites/DreamUP_1_1_for_Linux.html)

alinatas
19th March, 2011, 10:28 AM
i have to say a big thanks to the man that he give out the instractions, on how to flash with a null cable..
i have to say that before i destroy 2 dbox. becouse i was trying to find a hard where problem... but actualy was a softwear... the infos are 100% corect. if you have any problem this is mean that your dm is bad, or cable is not correct. i have made my cable. is only requere 3 wires...

thanks once again..:party:

dcyberix
19th March, 2011, 12:24 PM
Please how long does it take to flash a DM500S with pli jade image? Mine is taking forever!

junky687
24th March, 2011, 09:44 PM
Hi,

New to this site. Very informative website on various configuration information and various updates. Good stuff!!!

latrec101
6th April, 2011, 12:09 PM
hi im new to this iv just got dreambox 500-s done a lot of reading so i think i know how to use dreamup but how do i get hold of an image

kadnor
8th April, 2011, 08:27 AM
How Do I Use Dreamup?

Required

Image File (.img)
DreamUp Program

Instructions

Load Dreamup.exe

Good Luck!
Is the version suggested for Dm 500 ONLY.

Which one for Dm 8oo HD pvr?

Thanks for pointing out.

Nickbo
8th April, 2011, 09:41 AM
Be careful if you are doing it to a DM 800 - I accidentally selected an image for a DM8000 and stuffed it up !

lincsat
8th April, 2011, 02:29 PM
Could you not re-flash with a DM800 image?

mikk
9th April, 2011, 01:43 AM
Flashed dm 7025 for first time with pure flash (cf card inserted) using DreamUp and then nabilosat .11, but there was no option where on the box to install it. I take it the pure flash found the cf card and the nabilosat image was installed in the multiboot (wherever that is) and not just re-wrote the cf card wiping out the pure flash. How would I know?

vishkinjohn
12th April, 2011, 02:52 PM
How Do I Use Dreamup?

Required

Image File (.img)
DreamUp Program

Instructions

Load Dreamup.exe

Good Luck!

Now flashed OK, What do I do now? In the setup, or in the Internet settings, which site to visit and have access to...??
I wish to recieve Norwegian TV actually ViaSat or CanalDigital
Even dont know how many degrees and where to point the dish, so i`m pretty new here,.- pls reply to vishkinjohn(a) gmail.com o r yahoo.com

Many Thanks

andy91
12th April, 2011, 03:09 PM
You need to go into system then network and set up your network.
Connect your ethernet to your router,Your Dreambox can be almost what you want it to be so if your router ip is a Belkin and its 192.168.2.1 make the Dreambox 192.168.2.11 or any digit but have dhcp crossed out.
The gateway and nameserver ip should be the same as the router.
Post back what router it is and go from there.

Andy.

micky78
13th April, 2011, 01:06 PM
what is the best software for dm500s v8

clarkyj
18th April, 2011, 01:13 PM
Can anyone help , getting connection prepared , now switch on dreambox, i switch it on noyhing happening , any ideas folks

thx

sammym321
25th April, 2011, 03:12 PM
what dreamup is best to flash dreambox 500s

leez
25th April, 2011, 05:12 PM
what dreamup is best to flash dreambox 500s

flashwizard i use not dreamup

nedkelly
29th April, 2011, 08:56 AM
Tried this method. Everythhing goes according to plan... then approx. 20 seconds nito flash upload, an info. box appears "ERROR.... Aborted By User, Exiting and the upload stops. Tried three different p.c.'s, null modem cables, different images etc. but still the same. I noticed that I had to keep the ethernet connection plugged into the router for the box to give back the message "box is alive and talking to us".

Fergal
29th April, 2011, 09:01 AM
Why start another thread when peeps have replyed to your existing one here
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f11/dm500s-203655/

djshai
5th May, 2011, 09:18 PM
What is the different between a cam and an image?

levan666
8th May, 2011, 03:51 PM
Does this guide works for Dreambox 500-s?

Shady
8th May, 2011, 03:52 PM
yes

levan666
8th May, 2011, 05:07 PM
yes

thanks for rapid reply..

I don't have Null modem Cable. Is there any other option? Or should I get it at any normal Computer shop?

Bulld0g
8th May, 2011, 05:11 PM
Yes they only cost a couple of quid

blizard442
8th May, 2011, 05:25 PM
What is the different between a cam and an image?

Conditional Access Module (CAM) = Encryption system such as Nagravision 3, Irdeto and some others.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conditional-access_module

Image = A Linux based Firmware for Linux receivers. These images are just another word for firmware and when someone mentions image, it will always refer to Linux based receivers. DM800,VU+,OpenBox, some Technomate and others.

pineneedle
10th May, 2011, 09:00 PM
Hi everybody
I am completely new to Dreambox. I have 500s model. I don't know how to configure. What software(s) needed. Any help appreciated..

kanusek
10th May, 2011, 09:24 PM
Hi, Iam very new to dreambox. Is there anything I should start with first?

mtv1
10th May, 2011, 09:28 PM
http://cdn1.iconfinder.com/data/icons/VistaICO_Toolbar-Icons/256/Arrow-Down.png

all here mate Sat Dreambox (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/) happy hunting ;)

hedgehoggy
11th May, 2011, 12:48 PM
I have to saying something that i can gain to download the image of jade P3 for my dreambox 500s!!!

was easy to setup?

thanks

suites
23rd May, 2011, 06:52 AM
thanks can you do this on an imac ?????

pepit2
25th May, 2011, 02:32 AM
how to fix factory reset

bardhlipa
1st June, 2011, 04:51 PM
This "atached box,waiting for 2nd acknowledge" is in my dreamup for about 10 minutes,and nothing hapens,can somone tell me where is the problem ?

typerterror
20th June, 2011, 11:08 AM
i'm having the same problem with the solid red/green lights hoping that followingf these steps will fix the problem

antenna123
1st July, 2011, 01:49 AM
hi every! i was wonder if someone could help, I'm trying to flash a DM 500S, however I'm having some difficulty. using dreamup software and Null Modem Cable going through all the progress as show but when i get to the final stage (select the image to be flashed)(i`m using pli-jade-dm500-maxvar-2009..img file)by the way. after countdown timer a message come up saying(aborted by user,exiting) don`t understand why!!!) many thank in ad`vant.

peterdougie
6th July, 2011, 05:49 PM
never flashed a dreambox tutorial would come in handy anyone

Shady
6th July, 2011, 05:51 PM
hmmm.. try reading the first post... you're IN the tutorial thread :roflmao:

redout
12th July, 2011, 04:13 PM
Whats the story with the newer boxes like 800se as they have no rs232 - is it flash by browser only?

mika1
28th July, 2011, 03:47 AM
hi , can some one help me out i ben trin to conect dreambox to browser but it wont conect i dont know why i hav dreambox 800hd clon

AllyB
6th August, 2011, 09:05 AM
hi,

my dreambox appears to not be booting, i cannot flash the normal way so i thought i would try dream up, my pc however does not have anywhere to connect a null modem cable too, will a usb adapter or some sort of custom cable work or do i need to get a serial card for my pc, its a new pc so have to be pci express one, is there such a thing??

thanks

mikk
6th August, 2011, 12:26 PM
I used a usb to serial adapter with my laptop no problem.

aland365
23rd August, 2011, 11:49 AM
I keep getting an error message during flashing..any ideas?

boursaloum1
23rd August, 2011, 02:16 PM
Hi , thanks for this very useful tutorial, I have teid it on my box, but a message keeps poping up .....saying error Con-port aborting, what does this mean, and what should I do
Thanks

ngangekrubally
23rd August, 2011, 04:44 PM
hello all
i am trying to flash my dm500 but dreamup wont recognize it. i am using a null cable connected to the laptop with through usb. DO i really need a pcmcia cable
:wink:

ili99
1st September, 2011, 08:55 PM
is it possible to accelerate the flash time?

kindo
4th October, 2011, 04:52 PM
I keep getting an error message during flashing..any ideas?
try using dreamup v1.3.3.4. if error remain it could be hardware fault.
br..

kindo
4th October, 2011, 04:55 PM
hello all
i am trying to flash my dm500 but dreamup wont recognize it. i am using a null cable connected to the laptop with through usb. DO i really need a pcmcia cable
:wink:
maybe u r ot using right nullmodem cable. pls check with multimeter it is straight link or cross.. nullmodem cable is cross.

ayowilliams
9th October, 2011, 06:12 PM
I tried flashing my DM500S using Universal DreamUp V1.3.2(becos it's not booting), everything seem ok for a while, but later gave ERROR resetting lock-bits!
Could you guys pls tell me what to do from here?

andy91
9th October, 2011, 06:15 PM
I tried flashing my DM500S using Universal DreamUp V1.3.2(becos it's not booting), everything seem ok for a while, but later gave ERROR resetting lock-bits!
Could you guys pls tell me what to do from here?

Dreamup 1.3.3.4 is very popular make sure you're using null modem cable on a desktop pc.

Andy.

bean2472
9th October, 2011, 08:54 PM
Tried all that with my dm800 but keeps hanging on initiating HTTP mode...

ssilwadi
10th October, 2011, 12:54 PM
Thank you for your guide.

I do not know if this the right thread to post my Problem.

I have original DM 800HD. It came with Geminie2 image and CCcam 2.0.11. I live in United Arab Emirates and I use it to connect to servers in Europe. As our ISP is blocking CCcam protocol, only CCcam 2.0.11 is working.

My friend convince me to flash the DM 800HD with iCVS image. After we did that, we were not able to install CCcam 2.0.11. I flashed the box with Gemini2 Project 5.1 for DM800 but still can not install CCcam 2.0.11. I am using the file (e2-CCcam_2.0.11_081206.tar.gz) and tried to install manually by copying the files to (/usr/bin/) and (/usr/script/) and change the Attributes to 755 and add my CCcam.cfg file to /var/etc and then restart. But when I go to Blue Pannel, I can?t find CCcam 2.011 to select. I tried also by copying the (e2-CCcam_2.0.11_081206.tar.gz) file to /tmp/ and installing it from the File Manager, but I have the same problem.

I use the same steps to install CCcam 2.1.3 and the installation works but CCcam 2.1.3 is not able to connect to the servers in Europe because it is blocked.

What I am doing wrong or am I using the wrong CCcam 2.0.11 files. I appreciate help.

Sam

tybet
24th October, 2011, 02:51 AM
dreamup 1.3.3.4 also repaired. i tested alot of dreamup no one can flashed some dreambox except 1.3.3.4

mtv1
24th October, 2011, 02:55 AM
dreamup 1.3.3.4 also repaired. i tested alot of dreamup no one can flashed some dreambox except 1.3.3.4

not true depend on your clone but yes 1334 seems the best welcome to DK :)

sp3671
25th October, 2011, 08:28 AM
hi trying to put image on box with latest version of dreamup but it says image to old. any ideas?

superscaff1
25th October, 2011, 09:50 PM
Thats great information posted along with pictorials. This is all new to me as i have just converted from n*l and now jumping in with bothe feet as I have just bought a Dream 800 hd se and I love to rise to the challenge.

WimpimvanO
26th October, 2011, 03:16 PM
Updating a clone DM800 HD se the process stopped and the ethernet connextion could not be established again. Tried the same on an original DM 800 HD PVR exactly the same problem occured. I'm new on those topics and read in the forum about using dreamup and a Nulll modem cable. Is this the only way to reactivate the machines? In the forum I got the impression that it does not matter which image you use. My experience is that some images work and some don't depending on which firmware is used. What is a guaranteed good image I can work with for a longer period of time?

I hope someone can help me out and I excuses in advance if I misposted my request. :D:D

WimPim

nextk1
9th February, 2012, 12:04 AM
I have dreambox 500s and rs232 PL-2303.I try dreamup but it does not detect my box.

Sansam86
10th February, 2012, 05:08 AM
How Do I Use Dreamup?

Required

Null Modem Cable (this is NOT the same as a serial
or rs232 cable, although it looks the same)

Image File (.img)
DreamUp Program

Instructions

Load Dreamup.exe

Good Luck!

I'm new to programming the dreambox. I presently reside in Barbados and would just like to know if this process still applies or if there is any update to this process.

arabou67
14th April, 2012, 04:28 AM
What is the best image for DM500S clone black
Thanks

Gallivant
22nd April, 2012, 04:29 PM
ive checked the price of the Dm 800hd,, r there any dis advantages to getting a generic version of the box,,also the D.B 500s appear to be,, in-expensive,, r they still relevant,, albeit they r not hd. I appreciate the the dream up software and its function,, i also understand installing relevant Fw,, however is it still necessary to install Ccam if box is functioning as it should,,, basically r there any considerations for installing Ccam and what is its function as,, D.F (original poster),, does not refer to it in his (initial what u need),, apologies if this has been answered in previous messages,, i read all 14 pages last night ,, i will however read them all again now

Gallivant
22nd April, 2012, 11:38 PM
i have tried to down load and open a version of dream up ,, but it just says,,, cant find any com port - aborting,,, i am trying to download and open software from my laptop,,, any one help,, thank you in advance:ciao:

askos
26th April, 2012, 12:05 PM
i try with my dreambox and i cant connect it for some reason

salim1
12th May, 2012, 11:04 PM
why do u need to flash an dreambox? (a newbie asking) is it to be able to watch all channel for free?

deanlecky
17th August, 2012, 10:26 AM
I have flashed my DM500s clone with a gemini image, everything worked during the dreamup and flashing process, it installed without any problems.

But when I turn the box on nothing appears on the screen, its like its not booting up.

What have I done wrong?

smirnoff_rules
17th August, 2012, 10:49 AM
I have flashed my DM500s clone with a gemini image, everything worked during the dreamup and flashing process, it installed without any problems.

But when I turn the box on nothing appears on the screen, its like its not booting up.

What have I done wrong?

ld try another image the commando 14.6 is the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

akkudakku
21st September, 2012, 09:25 PM
thanx alot for this guide#

jezreel
19th April, 2013, 10:42 PM
Hi Guys, bit of a newbie but have carried out this task before!!. DM550S just stopped working??? so thought I would carry out a reflash as per instructions above. Connect unit to PC via null modem, open 'Dreamup' press "connect", switch on the power and ......nothing. Box does not say "connected" in readiness to upload image....Any ideas, is my box bricked???
Any help would be greatly appreciated.....
Jezreel

anarchy83
1st May, 2013, 09:26 PM
Hi, Guys I need some help.I tried to flash a new 500s yesterday and connected a null modem cable.it went to the' Connection prepared,now switch on the dreambox' stage and nothing else. I tried to reconnect afew times but no joy.Now the DB doesn't switch on any more.Have I wrecked it.Is there any thing I can do? Thanks in advance.Using Dream up 1.3.3.6

psats
4th May, 2013, 01:26 PM
Hi, Guys I need some help.I tried to flash a new 500s yesterday and connected a null modem cable.it went to the' Connection prepared,now switch on the dreambox' stage and nothing else. I tried to reconnect afew times but no joy.Now the DB doesn't switch on any more.Have I wrecked it.Is there any thing I can do? Thanks in advance.Using Dream up 1.3.3.6

use 1321 or 1322

scouse08
8th June, 2013, 01:54 PM
wont let me download files all i get is black screen help

kokililly
15th June, 2014, 05:34 PM
[QUOTE=Devilfish;217222]How Do I Use Dreamup?

Required

Image File (.img)
DreamUp Program

Instructions

Load Dreamup.exe

Good Luck![

thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

chairman
26th June, 2015, 10:58 PM
Hi, I need a bit of help please, I have my DM500s flashed with Null Modem Cable.
I need to know what do I do next. could you please step me through the next stages please.
Thanks.