PDA

View Full Version : p.206 missfire 2003 year 1.4 petrol

cactikid
14th July, 2014, 08:44 PM
p 206 sw ran fault codes loads,ign coil ,plugs and compression test done,also had an injector on cylinder 1 replaced,on doing injector test i keep on getting failed activation on all 4 and relay,i can hear ticking on test of 2,3.4 and nothing on the new one:grey:
fault codes po300
fault code po261

are the wires on plugs brittle on the injectors or is there another problem elsewhere

xtraktor
14th July, 2014, 10:14 PM
check if the ignition coil is a capacitor

genius76
16th July, 2014, 07:45 AM
number one or four? looks same issue?

cactikid
16th July, 2014, 07:49 PM
auto boss said no.4 cylinder gearbox end and after injector test pointed to no.1 after i had swapped 1-4 over, more reading on the pug forum stated issues with coil packs and if driven with faulty coil pack buggers up the ecu especially if named sagem=ooops thats whats fitted,customer unwilling to spend more money on car at this moment.

smirnoff_rules
16th July, 2014, 08:04 PM
number 4 is cambelt end m8 , but connecter can get damaged were the water has leaked from the washer hole in the bonnet and onto the injector

Keithuk
16th July, 2014, 08:07 PM
VAG Error Code: 16590
EOBD II Error Code: P0206

Fault Location:
Injector 6 (N84) - Circuit Malfunction

Possible Cause:
Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.
Lack/Loss of Power.
The engine may be harder to start.
Engine hesitation.

Wiring/Connector(s).
Injector.
Engine Control Module (ECM).

When is the code detected?:
The P0206 is set if the Engine Control Module (ECM) is detects a low or high voltage drop or resistance at the injector 6.

Description:
Engine Control Module (ECM) checks the injectors circuit resistance and monitors the voltage drop during normal operation. The Engine Control Module (ECM) will trigger the P0206 code when the resistance or voltage drop at the injector 6 is out of specifications.

VAG Error Code: 16684
EOBD II Error Code: P0300

Fault Location:
Random/Multiple Cylinder(s) - Misfire Detected/Implausible Signal - Intermittent

Possible Cause:
Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.
Lack/loss of power.
Hard start.
Engine hesitation.

Wiring/Connector(s).
Air Intake System leaking.
Fuel Supply faulty.
Injector(s) faulty.
Ignition Cable(s) and/or Spark Plug(s) faulty.
Ignition coil(s) faulty.
Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve (N18) stuck/open.
Camshaft Position Sensor (G40) faulty.
Low compression.

Possible Solutions:
Check Misfire Recognition.
Check Air Intake System.
Check Fuel Supply.
Check Injector(s) and Injector Sealing.
Check Ignition Cable(s) and Spark Plug(s).
Check Ignition Coil(s).
Check Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve (N18).
Check Camshaft Position Sensor (G40).
Check cylinder compressions.

Special Notes:
This Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) indicates that one or multiple cylinders are misfiring, but the ECU fails to identify the cylinder.

Tech Notes:
The P0300 code means that a cylinder(s) is misfiring or is randomly misfiring. Start by checking for intake leaks, intake gaskets are common caused of multi-cylinder misfiring. If no leak are found the next step is to replace the spark plugs. If the problem persist more tests needs to be done to diagnose problem.

When is the code detected?:
The control module monitors the crankshaft speed and has detected a misfire condition.

Description:
When a misfire occurs, engine speed will fluctuate. If the engine speed fluctuates enough to cause the Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor signal to vary, the Engine Control
Module (ECM) can determine that a misfire is occurring.

As taken from my EOBD II Fault Codes app.

smirnoff_rules
16th July, 2014, 08:10 PM
stethoscopes work great on these u can hear the one thats ****ed

cactikid
16th July, 2014, 11:24 PM
yes as i said no 1 cylinder tb end lol piece of kak,screwdriver to ear is cheaper,playing doctor and nurses i mislaid my stethoscope.
poor washer jet getting the blame now for everything even the fiesta and focus lol

Meat-Head
19th July, 2014, 07:54 AM
Unplug a injector or spark plug run let diagnostic tell you which cyckinders it thinks us what.

customer doesn't want to spend anymore money, well f&&k off, take your car elsewhere

cactikid
19th July, 2014, 09:21 AM
not found a way to unplug a spark plug on a coil pack on a 206,and as the car is gone lol

Meat-Head
19th July, 2014, 09:31 AM
Oh yeah well spotted could have took a plug out, watched the flames up the side.

hot weather fries the brain