PDA

View Full Version : Smart watchs

Drover2
16th July, 2014, 06:45 PM
Hi,Im thinking of replacing my watch that is nearing decay and wondered if anyone has experience or knowledge or recommendations about them?I have a LG G2 phone so I belive a android compatible SW would be needed?

Meat-Head
16th July, 2014, 08:24 PM
No idea, furst priority is you can access dk, second ebay, tweet, lastly tell the time

jaws2
16th July, 2014, 10:17 PM
the watches GPS heart rate are brilliant my friend used ter say hook em up ter the phone thing, only problem now his knees are ****ed with all the running and he,s now waiting for two new NHS ball joints ter be fitted, run now pay later bless him

Meat-Head
16th July, 2014, 10:29 PM
His knees are knackered frim carrying around the two car battery's to power it

jaws2
17th July, 2014, 01:24 PM
His knees are knackered frim carrying around the two car battery's to power it

no meat, he,s got a bald patch and he,s fitted a solar panel there, you are so behind on tech, >>>>>

ominimicu
18th July, 2014, 10:07 AM
This is the most popular nowadays
http://www.keytoi.com/us/104-701-thickbox/bluetooth-watch.jpg

M T Glass
18th July, 2014, 11:28 PM
This is the most popular nowadays
http://www.keytoi.com/us/104-701-thickbox/bluetooth-watch.jpg

That's a pretty slick piece of technology. Cool, as the kids say.

Canker_Canison
21st July, 2014, 04:26 PM
I've just picked up an original Samsung Galaxy Gear of ?50, new.

I'd been looking for a wired hands free kit that had a proper boom mic. Think military or the Colonial Marines in Aliens, that sort of thing. But I couldn't find squat.

Then a brand new V700 gear dropped into my lap.

At the original price of ?300 it's just not worth it. But you can pick them on ebay of between ?70-?90 new.
Calls, text, emals & S planner entries are sent straight to the watch. Photos & video taken on the Gear get sent to the phone. That's pretty much all I use, apart from the watch.

4GB on board memory & a battery that lasts 3 days with general use.

For those that live, breath & die via social media; it might not be their cup of tea. But I'm well happy as I have a hands free kit on me all the time.. no messing around or looking like a right t w a t with a piece of plastic stuck to your ear.

Yes the speaker level is quite low & it's not water proof (only splash proof).. but it works & it saves me taking the Note 3 out of my pocket.

Not sure if it will be compatible with the Lg. There's an app on Google Play that makes the Gear compatible with other non Samsung phones. But I can't remember what it supports or what it's called.