PDA

View Full Version : PSP Issue Help needed please.

Taylor
25th June, 2009, 03:09 PM
Hello guys.

I want to update my psp with the latest firmware 5.51 which i have downloaded on to my memory card but when i try to install it, it says "the game could not be started DADADADA". I bought the psp 2nd hand which you can switch between versions 3.03 and 1.51 using the recovery menu. Whichever I use, I get this message.
How do I make the psp an unmodded psp or where is the place to get the latest firmware for hacked? And is this why im getting the error message?
All I really want to do is update the psp firmware when a new one comes out.
Thanks

freck
25th June, 2009, 03:14 PM
All info here READ SECOND (rules 1st) Ultimate sticky sticky (http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/675856)
Give it a good read,one thing tho...are you booting the psp from the costum driver.press select on the psp or start,I'm a bit rusty now but youll get the option to run on costum firmware after upgrading or downgrading.

Taylor
25th June, 2009, 03:43 PM
im not sure what that is but all i do is switch it on from the switch on the side and run umd's as you would normally and "old iso's"(games) from the memory stick, but then new games started not to work. i hold down the R1 button before switching the psp on to get the recovery menu up.i have messed about with the settings a bit so i dont know wether the old iso games will work anymore. i have wiped the memory card and has nothing on it apart from the latest firmware, but it wont install.

JTH
3rd July, 2009, 07:07 PM
u cant go straight to lasest from 3.03 m8
u need go to 3.52 m33
then 3.52m33-4 first