PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft account security check update to protect your personal data

super jumbe
19th July, 2014, 08:17 PM
What?s all this about, suppose I do not want to protect my data, I do not have an option to opt out if you don?t your account will be blocked.

READ THIS!!
Important
When you see a message asking you to update or verify your security info, you have seven days before this is required.

You can postpone verification for a day, and you won't be prompted again for 24 hours. However, after seven days, Microsoft will lock your account to help protect it; you won't be able to sign in again until you've verified up-to-date security info.

Call us overprotective...
...but we need to make sure you can receive a security code if you ever lose access to this account. Learn more.
Where should we send your code?

First things first: if you've received a message asking you to update or verify your Microsoft account security info, you probably want to know why.

To help protect your personal data, we're asking everyone with a Microsoft account to make sure the security info associated with their account is correct and up-to-date.

When your security info (like an alternate email address or phone number) is current, we can use it to verify your identity if there's ever a problem. For example, if you forget your password, or if someone else tries to take over your account, Microsoft uses your security info to help you get back into your account.

To add security info to your Microsoft account right now, tap or click the Go to account button on the right, and sign in.

Do I have to verify my security info?
Yes. Verifying your security info isn't optional?we need to do this to help keep your Microsoft account more secure.

How does Microsoft use my security info?
Your security info is only used to help protect your account. For example, if you access your account and start making changes, we want to make sure it?s you who's doing so.

We?ll send a one-time security code to the phone number or email address you?ve provided. When you enter the code we sent you, we?ll know it?s really you.

For this reason, it's important that you use a real phone number and email address for your alternate contact info. We'll never use this info to spam you or for any marketing purposes?it's only to verify your identity if there's ever a problem with your account.

Do I need to verify my security info every time I sign in?
No. When you receive and enter your verification code, we'll know that your alternate contact info is current, and you can sign in to your account as usual.

Occasionally, we might ask you to verify your security info again?for example, if you haven?t signed in for a long while. This is just our way to double-check whether your info is current. It won?t happen every time.

:eviltongue: :stoned: :pepsi:

betrescudan
19th July, 2014, 08:20 PM
hmmm...another shit of microsoft virus...why linux is better?....BECOUSE missing this shit

betrescudan
19th July, 2014, 08:22 PM
We'll never use this info to spam you or for any marketing purposes

bastards....

super jumbe
19th July, 2014, 08:28 PM
Not a sparm its real, just google and its a joke!!

GastonJ
20th July, 2014, 10:00 AM
Not a sparm its real, just google and its a joke!!

So is time travel, google for "time travel real" :roflmao:

super jumbe
20th July, 2014, 10:51 AM
So is time travel, google for "time travel real" :roflmao:

What’s the alternative (solution?)

GastonJ
20th July, 2014, 11:43 AM
The only known way to stop time advancing and so the 'alternative' is death from what I gather - though I should point out that this is untested by me and those that have tried it have not confirmed so far :)

As for the alternative to MS then the obvious choice is Linux :top:

super jumbe
20th July, 2014, 01:24 PM
(SOLUTION) Get a new shim and tell them to send code on that shim then follow instruction!!