PDA

View Full Version : Should I Upgrade My Image????

sisko68
14th June, 2008, 11:03 PM
i have a sagem dbox2 x2 and have blade trinity final by Xenafan put it on a few months ago and was working perfect till last night when all dis2ov3ry channels started freezeing or coming up with channnel not avalible nothing wrong with any other channel i have looked at efguk post yesterday "working picture then freeze" could it be something like a fault tuner or should i upgrade to blade quad x2

any Idea's:idea:

Jaffa
14th June, 2008, 11:07 PM
Back up your current image, save your services and bouquets and flash either Blade quad or Laky pro and ftp your services and bouquets back, just to see if it helps, if not you have your backup but both those images are excellent.

sisko68
15th June, 2008, 09:57 AM
i had pro laky on before i put on blade trinity but that started to freeze i have also tried changing ucodes and emus so i will try quad

MAXELL
17th June, 2008, 03:19 PM
try quad and gbox helps with chirping box

wingy
17th June, 2008, 05:19 PM
sometimes it could be just a weak signal.
I have it somtimes, mostly on sundays when everyones useing the bandwidth

lincsat
22nd June, 2008, 12:10 AM
If you backup your existing image first, you can play around with different images or settings and it doesn't matter if you make a mess of things :)

plasterer
22nd June, 2008, 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by plasterer View Post
Sure thing mate
Ftp to there box
D Box Service
Image upgrade/backup
Expert Functions
Backup one partition
Flash without bootloader
The image is now saved as mtd3 or 4

Then do the Following If you can

FTP .img file to the /tmp folder on the box.

Using remote...

DBOX
SERVICE MENU
SOFTWARE UPDATE
EXPERT FUNCTIONS
WRITE ONE PARTITION
FLASH WITHOUT BOOTLOADER

Select the image from the list and select yes

The box will be flash then rebooted.

Failing that get Youeself a new universal remote
Make sure the image from the other Box is compatible with yours .....Good Luck ..........Paul

sisko68
24th June, 2008, 07:00 AM
DONE IT .
ftp quad and all is running fine. but what i did notice is when i shake the tuner cable the picture freezes or jumps/cracky so i think i may have a loose connection so will read up a bit more on the stickys hopefully it just a bit of soldering thats needed??:burnout::burnout:

thanks to all