PDA

View Full Version : peugoet 207 starting problem

a1gunner
21st July, 2014, 05:54 PM
i have peugoet 207 2008 car which started giving me problems the thing is the car would start and run fine then if it sat a while when i tried to start it it would not start left it into a mechanic he put it on the diagnostick machine came up no problems so i got him to do a full service and change spark plugs its be going fine for 5 weeks then got in to it last nite and it wouldnt start tried it this morning and it started the wife then drove out in to the street and it stopped and wouldnt start justed tried to start it there now and it will turn over but wont start dash lights all come on battery ok anybody any ideas

juniormaxxx
21st July, 2014, 08:24 PM
hey its peugeot cars...lot of gremlins underhood..you need to check what you actualy dont have in time trouble ocured...
is there spark problem or fuel ?
or maybe crank senzor ..
realy hard to tell..diagnosis without eror code is comonly stuff..you should somehow put car in condition when he wont start and then check for realtime measurment/values...that mechanic with his diagnostic machine is not some clever guy?
diagnostic CANT see fuel presure for ex..
is it trouble in relation with engine temperature or time in engine runing...do you HEAR pump runing ?
if is temperature related then try to remove and clean crank senzor..IF this will be any improment buy a new one they are cheap and fail ocasionaly
search for beter mechanic ..as this one actualy dont know how to use his machine...

a1gunner
21st July, 2014, 09:32 PM
Sometimes there is like a burning smell in car to

alessioblaupunkt
22nd July, 2014, 03:49 PM
Burning smell could be unburnt fuel inside the exhaust.
Is the engine 1.4 or 1.6?
Could be coil or injector or ECU or wiring.
When the engine stop the only thing you can do is trying to crank or neither crank?

betrescudan
22nd July, 2014, 04:10 PM
try to controll the pression on rail of injectors...must be low pressure ...3 bar...if not 2,8-3 bar,change the fuel pump from tank,or external fuel filter,near the tank...or maybe problems with the chip keys...to recode keys with diagbox

betrescudan
22nd July, 2014, 04:14 PM
Burning smell could be could be from cathalitic exhaust...is gone the ceramic inside...controll the cathalizator

goran13
26th July, 2014, 10:38 AM
Mate, while is not starting check f5 fuel pump fuse 15a "front fuse box engine corparment" , during cranking if there is no power on fuse feed the fuse directly from battery +, if start change the front fuse box, second hand too, no need coding.

a1gunner
3rd August, 2014, 09:10 AM
update brought car to different mechanic found that some sensor thing needed replaced so did that car worked for 2 days then on friday morning didnt start brought car back to him and comes up no faults on his machine got tow start yesterday morning was in out all day car started np then up this morning wont start as of yet car has not been put on diagnostic machine when it wont start mechanic said the faults should be logged in memory seem to be when its sitting overnight doing my head in

autoden
3rd August, 2014, 01:34 PM
Is the vehicle cranking first thing in the morning? Its not something simple like a flat battery is it? A cell or two gone down in the battery will give you grief. I presume your mechanic checked the basics before throwing a scanner on it and charging you for the pleasure.
autoden

a1gunner
3rd August, 2014, 03:17 PM
It turns over but just won't start when I tow start it it works fine when I leave it overnight won't start

autoden
4th August, 2014, 08:07 PM
I,m thinking battery, bad earth, bad starter. A good mechanic could have that nailed in 20mins.
autoden

alessioblaupunkt
5th August, 2014, 12:29 PM
Post #4: Is it 1.4 or 1.6?