PDA

View Full Version : skybox f5s signal problem

mikecarey
25th July, 2014, 08:35 PM
hello, trying to get to the fault before i start messing with anything, freeview channels have a 75% signal and no dropping, premium chans are around 65% but drop to 5% and rise and fall all the time, this has literally just started happening a week ago, had no strong winds, but the sky dish is old and the lnb looks old, ive noticed if i check on the signal list the 27500 freq is up and down with signal its just a double lnb, i do have a new quad lnb i could use, but how easy is it to stick it up there in place, cheers

martin035
25th July, 2014, 09:16 PM
As you have a double lnb, do you have a twin cable running to your f5s, if you do try using the other cable, as it might be a faulty cable??

As to replacing the lnb, that's easy if you have a ladder and no fear of heights, just be careful not to knock the dish alignment out!

mikecarey
25th July, 2014, 10:39 PM
there was no cable in when i moved in so i just rang a single coax to dish

martin035
25th July, 2014, 11:10 PM
If you have a friend who has a dish you could try your box on his sat feed (even better if you can hook it to his internet as well) , therefore either proving a faulty lnb or box. If not then as you already have a replacement lnb then replace that and see if it makes a difference

mikecarey
26th July, 2014, 04:11 PM
just tried at my mums n was a steady signal, so poss lnb fault?

wroenaldinho
27th July, 2014, 05:56 AM
Both my f3 and f5s aren't picking up signal on sky sports 1-5 (5-7% signal). They were working fine around 3 months ago but now there not. Other channels are around 70-75%. Ive tried disconnecting 1 box from the lnb and seeing if just the 1 box works but no change. The dish and lnb are only about 5 months old too. I doubt both tuners are faulty. Is this something the no signal fix will fix or not? Any suggestions.

Thanks

jay876
28th July, 2014, 11:51 AM
Hi,
Has anyone found a fix?

I have heardthat the no signal fix cable that you can get off ebay is only for the vertical channels that are showing no signal not sure if that is true?

My problem is that the horizontal channels are all showing no signal and this includes the FTA so I don't know if the no signal fix is for me.

I've tried the box at a neighbours house and still the same problem which would probably rule out lnb problem.

nokmond
28th July, 2014, 12:04 PM
I had the same problem for a few weeks, nothing worked, then all of a sudden everything is fine.

Possible sky fault?

wroenaldinho
28th July, 2014, 06:32 PM
Bugging me aswell. Im at a loss of what to try next