PDA

View Full Version : Vauxhall/Opel - programming new key

caveman_nige
26th June, 2009, 02:44 PM
I have managed to get a key blank and have cut for my car and a replacement 3 button key fob is on its way. I know it can be reprogrammed to my car by inserting it into the ignition and pressing the buttons in some sequence or other..

Does anybody know how to do this?

car is 2005 Signum Elite

racin-snake
26th June, 2009, 11:57 PM
have you had the transponder clone ? did you send the key away to the place you boght it if not you will need the carpas and diagnostic tool to get the car to accept the key
vaux com ,and a couple of generic scanners can code in this key transponder to the immobiliser . and the remote to the alarm module if it has been cloned there is no need but if its not then it will have to be coded to the car ..hope this helps ..

Patrian
27th June, 2009, 07:45 AM
YES, you need to programming the key with TECH-2 (Original Tool Equipment for ALL GM Cars brand) or other tools...
I don't know what other... (I use ONLY Tech-2)
And you NEED the "Security Code" (4 Digital Code) from a little piece of paper that called "Car Pass"!!!

That's all...:vroam:

bobdisk
27th June, 2009, 09:29 AM
Do what Patrian says, an alternative to Tech 2 is OpCom, can be purchased off fleabay. I programmed a new blank transponder key with it, after having it cut. Go for a mid+ priced one, based in This Country, and Be certain you get the Latest version, which is (I think) 1.33 with the latest software, (I think) v071010, because there is lots more you can do as well as keys. I got one recently, works a treat, but as its an old version, I cant program cruise control, amongst others, which is what I specially wanted. If you dont have the Car Pass, go to a Vauxhall main st++ler with proof of ownership, and they will get it for you, at a price!

ironjoe
27th June, 2009, 09:56 AM
you cant program the fob by lnserting the key in the ignition on this year. The fob will program when you get the key/transponder chip done.
Joe

caveman_nige
2nd July, 2009, 09:40 PM
the key blade blank i had cut works fine with my existing old 3 button fob.. There was no transponder chip with the blade of the either the old key or this new key.. Yeah and that car pass, i remember that from my last car, that was not cheap... and you guessed it this Signum came with no car pass, user manuals, spare key etc..

So this spare 3 button fob that I now have to fit to the newly cut key is not programmable by me then, nothing i can do with it?

yamar1
2nd July, 2009, 10:06 PM
the transponder chip is probley in the remote part of the fob, not the key part if you know what i mean. like the fords.

bobdisk
3rd July, 2009, 05:14 PM
the transponder chip is probley in the remote part of the fob, not the key part if you know what i mean. like the fords.
The Transponder chip is always in the ignition key (at least I have never heard of anything different) because there is an aerial coil around the ignition key barrel that transmits to the transponder chip in the key, and picks up the reply from the transponder chip. The chip has to be fairly close to and not move in relation to the aerial. I once broke a key in the ignition, but I could turn it with a screwdriver. The car would not start. I fixed the remaining "handle" of the key, with the transponder chip, near the ignition barrel with sticky tape, the car started!:driver: It fell off, and the car stopped!!

ironjoe
6th July, 2009, 10:10 AM
the chip is in the remote part of the fob.on the early type key it was on the "horse shoe" part of the key blade.
Joe

caveman_nige
6th July, 2009, 10:20 AM
the chip is in the remote part of the fob.on the early type key it was on the "horse shoe" part of the key blade.
Joe

thats exactly what i have... will just have to get the 'spare' prgrammed. thanks

scionx
7th July, 2009, 07:50 AM
you cant program the fob by lnserting the key in the ignition on this year. The fob will program when you get the key/transponder chip done.
Joe

I heard the same from a few mates!

basco
13th August, 2009, 05:59 AM
[t300plus is another great tool for keys as well. it will even kills immo. ad100 as well or the mvp clone fr china works like a charmm!:bounce:

teerak2uk
14th August, 2009, 08:34 AM
Do what Patrian says, an alternative to Tech 2 is OpCom, can be purchased off fleabay. I programmed a new blank transponder key with it, after having it cut. Go for a mid+ priced one, based in This Country, and Be certain you get the Latest version, which is (I think) 1.33 with the latest software, (I think) v071010, because there is lots more you can do as well as keys. I got one recently, works a treat, but as its an old version, I cant program cruise control, amongst others, which is what I specially wanted. If you dont have the Car Pass, go to a Vauxhall main st++ler with proof of ownership, and they will get it for you, at a price!

does the op-com your using allow removal of the restictor on vivaro`s do you know or will it only be can clip or tech 2

C64
23rd February, 2010, 01:05 PM
@ Nige,

Where did you get your blank key from mate?

I'm after a blank blade for an Astra G, I already have a fob and transponder from my old Zafira, so I reckon I just need the key cut and then I'll pair my key to my car using my mates Tech 2.

bobdisk
23rd February, 2010, 05:43 PM
Teera2UK: Sorry, dont know about the Vivaro!
Witchy2k1: I got my key blank off ebay. Be sure to get one with a transponder chip in it, see my earlier post.

C64
23rd February, 2010, 06:48 PM
Thanks Bob.

I've already got a complete fob, it was a key that I used for my old 52 late Zafira. All I need is a new blade which I'll get cut locally then I'll get my mate to paid it to my car with his Tech2. :)

I managed to get an Astra G 770 blade locally for ?7.

mo1710
26th February, 2010, 10:07 PM
Hi , I need the help from you guys:
Basically, I bought a 2nd hand transponder (key-flip type) to replace my damaged one. With that I managed to get my hand on a blade which cut and seems fine, now to the techie bit. I?m looking to programme the key and have few questions :

Have an appointment with the dealer but was told that it going to be chargeable even if its didn?t work. So the question I have is there a risk to not being able to reprogramme a 2nd hand key, which was used for a different car, albeit the same model car.

Is there an alternative to going to the dealer in the London area?

The car is vectra c 2006

Pete M
26th February, 2010, 11:07 PM
The car is vectra c 2006

You will be wasting your money

Vectra C requires a virgin chip, already programmed one will not work

Peter

mo1710
26th February, 2010, 11:13 PM
thanks for the reply, so really i take i just have to bite the buellet and fork out for the whole nine yards at the dealer

troubled
26th February, 2010, 11:24 PM
if u have tranponder already ucan tape it to the arail [blacki box round ignition ]which will bypass immo use as many keys as ulike .beware programming secondhand remotes as they have to be cleard off the car thet came off or they wont work on urs as thet have rolling codes

troubled
26th February, 2010, 11:26 PM
did nt c petes post he also wright

mo1710
26th February, 2010, 11:28 PM
ok i understand, but in practice , do you know anyone who done this i/e clearing old and programming new code?

C64
27th February, 2010, 04:16 AM
if u have tranponder already ucan tape it to the arail [blacki box round ignition ]which will bypass im*o use as many keys as ulike .beware programming secondhand remotes as they have to be cleard off the car thet came off or they wont work on urs as thet have rolling codes

oh, so I can't use my old Zafira chip on my Astra?

I'll need a virgin transponder?

I thought I just needed to enable the keys transponder in my cars ECU using a Tech II. :(

Taping the chip to the steering column is getting more appealing by the minute. :)

rds60h
27th February, 2010, 05:50 PM
I have managed to get a key blank and have cut for my car and a replacement 3 button key fob is on its way. I know it can be reprogrammed to my car by inserting it into the ignition and pressing the buttons in some sequence or other..

Does anybody know how to do this?

car is 2005 Signum Elite
Don't know if it will work with a 3 button fob but with the 2 button fob it is a case of putting the key in the ignition and switch on then press the buttons on the fob and they should then lock the doors. If nothing happens then it's Tech 2 required.

ironjoe
1st March, 2010, 12:13 AM
you need a new virgin key,your type of fob has the chip as part of the circuit board and cannot be paired to another vehicle.The older type chip in the horseshoe can only be used in another vehicle that has immo 1, from about 98 on most are immo 2, which cant be used in another vehicle.
so the zafira chip is no good for your astra.
Joe

C64
1st March, 2010, 12:46 AM
you need a new virgin key,your type of fob has the chip as part of the circuit board and cannot be paired to another vehicle.The older type chip in the horseshoe can only be used in another vehicle that has im*o 1, from about 98 on most are im*o 2, which cant be used in another vehicle.
so the zafira chip is no good for your astra.
Joe

Damn. :(

I knew things were going too smoothly.

My Zafira and Astra have identicle fob pcb's and the transponder unit in each was identicle, same part number with gold/yellow writing. Looks like I've been given the wrong info by some people.

There is a fella on eBay selling clean transponders, he has ones with white writing on them and others with gold writing on them.

Since my existing transponder uses gold text, does that mean I must buy the transponder with the gold writing?

ironjoe
1st March, 2010, 02:45 AM
whitchy are you in coatbridge ? if so i can supply you a chip.can programme the key also is you wish.
Joe

C64
1st March, 2010, 02:09 PM
whitchy are you in coatbridge ? if so i can supply you a chip.can programme the key also is you wish.
Joe

Aye mate, Coatbridge, Townhead.

Thanks for the offer but I ended up ordering a new blank transponder on eBay last night (?4.50 including delivery).

My mates got a Tech II and we're both dying to play with it any chance we get, we've never done a transponder/ECU pair up yet and we're quite excited about it.

I know, we're a pair of weans, lol ;)

PM me your price mate, incase the shit hits the fan and we end up needing your help.

:)

caveman_nige
1st March, 2010, 11:02 PM
sorry bud, have not been in this thread in donkeys... i bought the key blank and the 'used' three button fob from some fella on the bay, he is always selling bits of keys on there...

I have not done anything with it since i had it cut... still need to get it programmed.

Nitromethane1
19th March, 2010, 03:02 AM
YES, you need to programming the key with TECH-2 (Original Tool Equipment for ALL GM Cars brand) or other tools...
I don't know what other... (I use ONLY Tech-2)
And you NEED the "Security Code" (4 Digital Code) from a little piece of paper that called "Car Pass"!!!

That's all...:vroam:
I have a 2009 Vectra VXR It's at the local Dealership and it's been there 4weeks. They cannot recode a new set of keys. They say that they have changed the BCU or BCM whatever it's called. Now they are thinking to change the ECU. Do you have any ideas why they are struggling with it. Do these things have a known fault.

sherbetdab
30th March, 2010, 07:02 PM
just bought a used 2 button remote for corsa,have original transponder,read on ebay i could program it to car but having no luck,dont want to go to vx dealer,is anyone here able to do something with it. I'm in Rutherglen. What would cost be if anyone can? Cheers guys.

z786
30th March, 2010, 07:17 PM
what make, reg?

sherbetdab
30th March, 2010, 07:20 PM
what make, reg?

52 corsa mate,cheers

givusaclue
30th March, 2010, 11:05 PM
52 corsa mate,cheers

on the astras you put the key in ign. switch on, hold lock button for 10 secs.ish & then switch off, give it chance to catch it's breath & try it

i think!

z786
30th March, 2010, 11:37 PM
i think thats if the original remote has lost the sync, not one off a different car.

theres no harm in trying tho
it is possible with op-com but if you dnt really wana buy equipment, im sure some1 here must be from your sides, they shud do it for you shudnt cost more than ?20-30

C64
1st April, 2010, 09:56 PM
Just to round off my own problem.....

Me and my mate used his cheapo chinese OpCom clone to pair my virgin transponder to my 53 plate Astra G's ECU.

It takes literally seconds to do it, how can Vauxhall charge as much as they do? :(

My total costs were...

1 Blank Key Blade ?5
1 Blank Transponder ?4.50
Key Cutting ?5

I put the above stuff into my old Zafira Fob and paired it to my car DIY with Op-Com, total cost ?14.50.

?14.50, aren't Vauxhall looking for TEN TIMES this amount?

I also tried pairing my old used Zafira transponder.

Op-com told me it was 'sucessfully programmed' but when put in the ignition I got the little flashing error icon and the engine refused to start.

That fella from Rutherglen, send me a PM mate and I'll ask my buddy to do your car for nowt, although he would appreciate a couple of bottles of Buckfast as reward I'm sure, lol

ironjoe
1st April, 2010, 11:14 PM
sherbet sent you a message

jkalil
2nd April, 2010, 06:49 PM
Hello., OP-COM extracts the inmobilizer key from Opel Corsa C ??

allstar
3rd April, 2010, 05:32 PM

Me and my mate used his cheapo chinese OpCom clone to pair my virgin transponder to my 53 plate Astra G's ECU.

It takes literally seconds to do it, how can Vauxhall charge as much as they do? :(

My total costs were...

1 Blank Key Blade ?5
Key Cutting ?5

I put the above stuff into my old Zafira Fob and paired it to my car DIY with Op-Com, total cost ?14.50.

Op-com told me it was 'sucessfully programmed' but when put in the ignition I got the little flashing error icon and the engine refused to start.

That fella from Rutherglen, send me a PM mate and I'll ask my buddy to do your car for nowt, although he would appreciate a couple of bottles of Buckfast as reward I'm sure, lol

Did you have the pin code for im*obilizer or Op-com dont need it?

z786
3rd April, 2010, 09:07 PM
op com needs immo code mate

C64
3rd April, 2010, 11:59 PM
Did you have the pin code for im*obilizer or Op-com dont need it?

Yes, I had my 4 digit pin code.

dave.mckiernan
15th April, 2010, 01:17 AM
Hi all,

I have a Vectra B 1999 and stupidly lost my keys on a beach today. I got the car recovered by the AA to my home.

I have the PIN CODE (credit card), but do I HAVE to get Vauxhall to cut the key or can 3rd party locksmiths get the cut code from this PIN?

Luckily I have a spare virgin transponder chip and a mate has a Tech II. I just need to get into the car and get the damned ignition on for him!

Cheers,

Dave

My total costs were...

1 Blank Key Blade ?5
Key Cutting ?5

keyprogramming
7th May, 2010, 08:01 AM
@ Nige,

Where did you get your blank key from mate?

I'm after a blank blade for an Astra G, I already have a fob and transponder from my old Zafira, so I reckon I just need the key cut and then I'll pair my key to my car using my mates Tech 2.

You'll have to ensure they are the same type of remote as there are 2 for Astra-G and Zafira-A.
The RK203 is for non-alarmed vehicles, and S-AM are alarmed vehicles.
If you open up the case, look on the button side of the circuit board board and you'll see S-AM written at the top.
If not it's an RK203.
Regards

dellenty69
7th May, 2010, 12:32 PM
on my astra, i could programe the key by putting it in the ignition on 1st click, and holding both buttons down at the same time. doors would lock and unlock and reprograme its self.

1ctchris
20th May, 2010, 02:43 PM
I've ordered op com and a new car pass, before I buy a key and try to pair it with the car, can anyone please put up some idiot proof instructions of how to get the key working and not cause any problems with anything else........?

simples
3rd August, 2010, 11:37 PM
maybe worth looking through this link
http://www.vezerdiagnosztika.hu/op-com_immobiliser_guide.pdf

hope this was of some help

rayjay
7th August, 2010, 03:57 PM
Hi all,

I have a Vectra B 1999 and stupidly lost my keys on a beach today. I got the car recovered by the AA to my home.

I have the PIN CODE (credit card), but do I HAVE to get Vauxhall to cut the key or can 3rd party locksmiths get the cut code from this PIN?

Luckily I have a spare virgin transponder chip and a mate has a Tech II. I just need to get into the car and get the damned ignition on for him!

Cheers,

Dave
removing the boot lock or door lock is easy job then you can read the wafers even tho i belive these only have 7 in them whereas the ignition has 10. read the 7 and pm me and il pull the other 3 from instacode if you need to. these locks rake easy enough if you dont manage to drop wire down door frame

foxtec800
7th August, 2010, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by dave.mckiernan http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/styles/digital/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f136/vauxhall-opel-programming-new-key-43152-post546092/#post546092)
Hi all,

Cheers,

Dave

If you have vehicle pass mechanical key code is on there
as well as immo code, find local locksmith who can cut key to code and make sure has virgin ID40 transponder and get you`re mate to code in with Tech II,, job done:rock:

racin-snake
7th August, 2010, 10:06 PM
the mechanical key no is on your carpas
and any good locksmith should be able to make one