PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying a 9000HD but need some information about E2

Jaco2k
26th June, 2009, 07:49 PM
Hi all,

I am a current Dreambox 7025 owner and am thinking about replacing it with a 9000HD running E2 but I have a few questions that I would be glad someone cared to answer:

- Do the E2 images support both tuners?
- Do the E2 images support DVB-C tuners? -this is a must for me
- Python plugins are supported out of the box, i guess?
- CAM plugins - although running under Enigma2 you still need to use the correct binary for the IP-Box, correct?

Thank you in advance for your answers! :)

Cheers,
J

alibaba
11th July, 2009, 06:46 PM
Hei...Is that Dreanbox 7025s is not as good as 9000HD?
Am actual thinking of buying one of them.

Please infor. me if there is anything not ok with dreambox 7025.

on_the_jazz
11th July, 2009, 09:08 PM
Hei...Is that Dreanbox 7025s is not as good as 9000HD?
Am actual thinking of buying one of them.

Please infor. me if there is anything not ok with dreambox 7025.

The 7025 is not HD, the IP9000 is.

aftermath
12th July, 2009, 10:37 AM
Hi all,

I am a current Dreambox 7025 owner and am thinking about replacing it with a 9000HD running E2 but I have a few questions that I would be glad someone cared to answer:

- Do the E2 images support both tuners?
- Do the E2 images support DVB-C tuners? -this is a must for me
- Python plugins are supported out of the box, i guess?
- CAM plugins - although running under Enigma2 you still need to use the correct binary for the IP-Box, correct?

Thank you in advance for your answers! :)

Cheers,
J

best to have a normal inage that is flashed to the boxes memory, and an Enigma 2 image to boot from USB stick, the reason being is that a full Enigma 2 image is too big to have in flash as there are so many plugins etc, thats why its best on memory stick so you can have lots of space to play with.
E2 does support cable and sat tuners, the latest ones do anyway.
you can use camd3 or hypercam for cable
and incubuscamd which acts as Cccam for sat

Jaco2k
12th July, 2009, 10:58 AM
Thank you all for the replies - I risked and bought one that arrived yesterday and is already operating with a "regular" image in Flash and Enigma 2 0.5.0 in a USB stick - it is amazing how near this Enigma 2 looks to a "real" Dreambox.

I still need to figure the differences in file structure, namely where to drop plugins/cams and the respective config files and how to start them. I am an m b o x user myself so...

To answer Alibaba: The 7025 is a good machine but it does get warm and has several design flaws, namely the flaky power supply.

My 7025 had the following problems:
- Image started getting freezes in Cable tuner. I sent it to be serviced under warranty and both Power supply and Cable tuner were replaced...
- Backlight from front LCD died. Dream shipped me a new front plate after I shipped mine back
- Now Power supply died... again. Dream refused to repair it because it is out of warranty and wanted me to pay €85 (plus shipping). I went out and bought the 9000HD instead and although it is only 24h using it I can say already that running Enigma2 it seems faster and more stable than the 7025. Image quality is about as good and of course, it is HD, as has already been pointed out.

Between both I would choose the 9000HD in the blink of an eye. The valid equivalent from Dreambox, the 8000, is way too expensive for what it is...

Anyone care to help me with the paths? I know my way around the Dream filesystem but it seems to me that there are some subtle differences on the IPbox (with E2).

Any must-have addon suggestions also?