PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes ML w163 AAM - central locking works once only after resync

juzzac
29th July, 2014, 11:10 AM
Hi, I have a few customers that have w163 ML's and several of them have a fault with the central locking not functioning from the remotes, it works fine from the button inside the car but will only work once from the remote after it has synced.
In one case one of our customers had a fully functioning 2nd key and one that didn't operate the central locking, when we tried to resync his non working key the good key then failed to function anymore :grey: . I have noticed on most of the ML's that Star can have trouble communicating with the AAM correctly, sometimes not at all.
It appears that there is a software corruption occurring with these AAM modules, does anyone know if it is possible to repair the software with any programs or manually ? Is there any other solution to this other than replacing the AAM??
Any help would be greatly appreciated. :joyous:

juzzac
30th July, 2014, 10:19 AM
Does anyone know how to fix this ?

whiskymk
4th September, 2014, 07:08 PM
I also need this . Did someone solve problem?

motocarlos
9th September, 2014, 12:08 AM
hello all,

any way to reset AAM unit??

regards.

makura
9th September, 2014, 07:56 AM
Hi
I once had this problem and this is how i solved the problem.
Find out what remote number you are using and make sure the transponder chip is the same key number.If remote is remote number 2 and transponder is number 5 key or something like that it will not work.So what i did was to match the transponder with remote number,in my case the remote was remote 1 and i had made a chip for key 4,i had to write another chip using key1, re-synched the remote and all worked fine.I am not 100% sure if it will work for you but it did in my case and i only had this problem once so i cant say i have done it many times.
Good luck.
Hit that button

doctordiag
9th September, 2014, 10:02 AM
MUST CHANGE AAM central locking