PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson Assisinated

chroma
26th June, 2009, 11:48 PM
Bear with me here but its all dow to this:
YouTube - Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal

It starts off with the idyllic setting of an old speakeasy, and then he busts out his quarter into a jukebox from a mile a way.

The video is perfect, i mean i can find faults with anything but the only fault here is the Urkle trousers (which is a nessesity for the choreography)

The reason i bring this up is because Jacko effectively launced MTV and blew open the doors for black artists in the mainstream. This ironicly enough seemed to be what killed his career, the floodgates opened, hairbands like Van Halen began dying off and impressionable young teenagers began looking for new role models to aspire to.
Rap music was the logical choice. It was relatively new, now mainstream acceptable and had bitches, bling and bright (although far less tight) outfits.

The new upcomming rap artists had it made, however none of them could surpass old micky j in terms of style and ability.

I mean look at this:
http://topbillinmusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/snoop_dogg.jpg

It really cant compare to the clean cut classy look of this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/32/Smooth_criminal_video.jpg
See? old Snoop cant hold a candle to the big yin.

Then theres rap music videos, relatively formulaic, start in with a wide angle on some gold rims, pan out to a bently continental filled with bitches, then fast cut to a beatdown pose of some douchebag with gold teeth wearing MR-T levels of gaudy christmas tinsel.
Find a new artist from the back catalogues of your label to sample and rinse/repeat.

Sure it makes you money, but wheres the respect? kids soon catch on to the fact that your just recycling old songs in order to leech off of others successes and will never be as awesome as michael jay waving a tommy gun in full business attire.

Therefore all the washed up rap artists effectively began placing 12% of their earninggs into a "lets kill mj" fund in a sweepstake, first man to do the job gets the jackpot.

With the current economic downturn and the effective collapse of the recording industry times are hard and bitches need diamond necklaces with their names on it (lest they forget from a cocaine bender) not to mention a bently costs a fortune to refuel.

So yeah someone needed to act in order to stay afloat, i finger Tupac, i mean his back catalogue aint selling as well as it used to, and no one would suspect him cause hes already apparently dead.