PDA

View Full Version : sony vaio e series 141 realy need some help

lannyb2000
3rd August, 2014, 12:06 AM
hi guys

not been on here for a while been to busy with android xbmc,problem is bought new vaio came pre installed with windows 8 which is crap so i installed windows 7 ultimate on it which i have on my other pc,every thing went great exept i can not get on the inter net,no connections available,tryed eather net still no joy,never backed any thing up so no recovery partion to get back into windows 8 is there something else i need to put on it ie drivers,the disk came pr installed with every thing and worked great on my hp,is there something sony have done on there vaio to stop u down gradeing to windows 7 any help would be appriciated

many thanks

dasteph
3rd August, 2014, 08:11 AM
the link is to drivers for win 7 which i think is for your laptop, although it says they are for 64 bit o/s you can try them......Sony VAIO E Series SVE14116FXB drivers for Windows 7 64-bit | Drivers Download (http://www.filefobia.com/sony-vaio-e-series-sve14116fxb-drivers-for-windows-7-64-bit/)

lannyb2000
3rd August, 2014, 01:12 PM
hi mate thanks for the reply,its 32 bit that i have put on it,i have the disk for 64 bit do u think i should re do it,if i go into device manager net work adapters other devices we have
eather net controller
network controller
pci device
pci simple communications controller
sm bus controller
universel serial bus(usb) controller
unknown device

all with a yellow exclamation mark

many thanks for your help

lannyb2000
3rd August, 2014, 01:42 PM
oh sorry which drivers do i down load all of em just a bit new to this under network adaptars there is no broadcom network adaptor or reakteckfamily contoller

thanks

dasteph
3rd August, 2014, 03:23 PM
i have recently reloaded a sony viao laptop which was running win7 64 bit to a 32bit version and used the drivers for the 64 bit which installed ok.
start by installing the wifi driver then you will have internet connection thats the last download on the page if that installs ok then check device manager as which other drivers are needed they will all be marked with a yellow asterisk.
if its the wrong driver for the hard ware post the exact model number and i will see if i can find the drivers this you will find on the uderside of the laptop.

lannyb2000
3rd August, 2014, 08:51 PM
thank you very much for your help will try and post my results,im away for a couple of days work so it might b when i get back once again thank u very help full

lannyb2000
5th August, 2014, 08:46 PM
thank u very much dasteph worked like a dream back on the net now over the moon

many thanks

vince