PDA

View Full Version : pug 206 cc 1.6 hdi dpf regen

autoden
6th August, 2014, 07:31 PM
Hi guys got this 2005 1.6 hdi 206cc and I cannot get it to regen because of a couple of fault codes. I have on the dash clean diesel filter, which refers to the soot filter. Both fault codes are for the pre/post heater relay circuit short to earth. On the pre heater circuit I found a glow plug down on #3cyl, replaced that and checked wiring back to relay. So now with koeo I have no codes. start engine and codes reappear. So I,m thinking it has to be on the post heating circuit. I checked the 2 relays, and all 4 of the heater plugs that go into the water jacket, also checked the wiring from the relays to the plugs and they are sound. Am I missing something here? Codes read with pp2000. In component testing the main pre heat relay passes but there is no test for the post heating...I,m getting a bald patch here with all the head scratching. No wiring diag on AD for post heating as I can see. Any advise welcome.
autoden

autoden
7th August, 2014, 07:28 PM
Not many bright French sparks about tonight then!
autoden

autoden
12th August, 2014, 10:46 AM
OK, sorted this now. Where the 2 earth wires leave the post heating relays (green brown) they are spliced into a white, then into a green with yellow tracer. At this point was a bad conection! Now no fault codes and regen done/
autoden