PDA

View Full Version : Astra H CIM problem

juniormaxxx
6th August, 2014, 09:03 PM
hay guys..
astra in trouble is series H 2008 1.7dti...sometime wont start not even a starter motor,few monts ago alternator failure,new one fited somewhere in germany,from that time siren dont work and all clasic malfunction related to CIM.today i run diagnostic..in every modul on car is some comunication problem..in abs,engine,dash..all of them have comm trouble..looking in schematic CIM is some kind of gateway..but confuses me that even starter wont engage..so I will order new or used one...somtime car starts and run fine but there is again problems with dash instruments ,,abs lamp..engine runs fine once when manage to start it..

what do you think can all this be only from faulty CIM..
what is easiest way to read PIN from used CIM? VALEO is manufacturer

regards!

tadeo
6th August, 2014, 09:20 PM
CIM it is Gatway so all components communicate true CIM so I assume it will sort all your problems

Automoto
7th August, 2014, 06:54 PM
Try unplugging abs modual m8

juniormaxxx
9th August, 2014, 02:37 PM
nope...my estimate was 200e for new cim and 50e for coding..customer yust drow away....say its tooo expensive ?????

so I dont hae chance for this plug and cry story.....but Im prety sure one day will be back....
for new estimate at least

Im done myne home work about changing and coding stuff...looks realy complicated..

automoto- you think that abs choke all comunication on can lines...there was erors on two diferent CAN ..pety dont have more time to inestigate and learn because looks complicate

ruffles1986
9th August, 2014, 02:49 PM
nope...my estimate was 200e for new cim and 50e for coding..customer yust drow away....say its tooo expensive ?????

so I dont hae chance for this plug and cry story.....but Im prety sure one day will be back....
for new estimate at least

Im done myne home work about changing and coding stuff...looks realy complicated..

automoto- you think that abs choke all comunication on can lines...there was erors on two diferent CAN ..pety dont have more time to inestigate and learn because looks complicate
Try to change CIM to used CIM from scrapyard, you can post eeprom here to know PIN from CIM, or easy way just change eeprom from your original CIM to your used CIM.

super jumbe
9th August, 2014, 10:11 PM
Like to see photo of CIM eeprom is the the one big eeprom?

gttuning
9th August, 2014, 10:17 PM
easy job to match CIM once you have write tolls.

simaservis1108
9th August, 2014, 10:32 PM
well it kinda is expensive,new one here is 170 euro with programming.
Also,repaired CIM will last longer,than used one,so you are better of repairing them than replacing.

Automoto
10th August, 2014, 09:59 AM
I had same problem the abs mod was corrupting ccim or if u think its the cim like ruffles said swop EEPROM just use hot gun if u can borrow one :-)

juniormaxxx
16th August, 2014, 08:09 PM
So guys ..NONE of you see post num 5 !!!!!!!...customer drive away...without even try to repair...so I still hae no idea what to repair..simple because I dont hae chance to open it...my work order is ..

diagnose..give estimate to customer...customer decide what to do next..this one drive away yust pay for diag..

paul_12345
17th August, 2014, 05:08 PM
So guys ..NONE of you see post num 5 !!!!!!!...customer drive away...without even try to repair...so I still hae no idea what to repair..simple because I dont hae chance to open it...my work order is ..

diagnose..give estimate to customer...customer decide what to do next..this one drive away yust pay for diag..

why not be thankfull for the suggstions and learn what to do in future so you can give a lower quote and probably with a bigger profit by learning how to repair/replace

juniormaxxx
17th August, 2014, 09:07 PM
why not be thankfull for the suggstions and learn what to do in future so you can give a lower quote and probably with a bigger profit by learning how to repair/replace

paule- of course Iam thankfull..but in my way CUSTOMER decide will I try to repair..I always take worst scenario when wrote an estimate..worst is buying new CIM...so in this case it was 250e..I will try to repair it BUT i need confirmation from customer that he is will to spend 250 if things go wrong ..look another situation..I wrote estimate to 100e to repair CIM..work few hours and done nothing so customer have no abligation to pay my wasted time...but when estimate is 250 and I manage to repair it and he pay only 100 he will be very satisfied customer and will came back later (for another problem I hope)

in past I open few CIM somehow always manage to repair non working horn,remote for radio..stuff like that neer have comunication problem,so never actualy look detailed what is inside..what eeprom what proc...

for now case closed-we dont have customer,new day-new troubles

thanks to all participians in this tread

simaservis1108
17th August, 2014, 09:34 PM
Astra H has two kinds of CIM's.Both are manufactured by Valeo.One has 1x9S12 and 95160,the other one has 2X9S12.
Also they have two kinds of faults.One is directly on CIM PCB,other is ribbon cable.

juniormaxxx
18th August, 2014, 07:57 PM
Astra H has two kinds of CIM's.Both are manufactured by Valeo.One has 1x9S12 and 95160,the other one has 2X9S12.
Also they have two kinds of faults.One is directly on CIM PCB,other is ribbon cable.

so another one will came at wednesday...horn dont work..radio control dont work..so I will finaly have time to explore this modul..until now always was enought to solder funy organized pin from conector and put clamp on left side on CIM..I never have any other problem....ribon cable ?you mean for bags and switches on whell..thats easy to define...what fault you discover on pcb?

juniormaxxx
20th August, 2014, 07:43 PM
so today another astra..there is no siren when lights are on..and radio comand failed with lights on.....yust remove airbag and measure on pinout of flat cable from spring...there is 2 wires for horn switch...one is on big tin part and this is signal for actuation TO cim modul..another wire is down on that switch and this one is ground...until you power the light-then it goes to some 9V..so remove this wire insulate it ..drill small hole in housing near the central bolt..take a piece of wire and make conection with screw and pin where you remove old ground wire..this should be you new ground point for horn switch.....all work fine with or without light ON...it is probably damaged flat cable but I was in hury to take some money ..so this solution work fine .customer was in hury so I didnt even open CIM to see whats inside..next time will be learning time

simaservis1108
20th August, 2014, 10:27 PM
It won't last long.Ribbon cable needs to be repaired/replaced.

juniormaxxx
21st August, 2014, 09:50 PM
It won't last long.Ribbon cable needs to be repaired/replaced.

yep I am sure in that too..this was cheap (50e) fix ..yust to pass registration (MOT)
anyway sometime (when there is no more hury work) I repair this cable if is broken on one of the ends...but if break is more than 5cm from any end i dont even try...sugest customer to buy new one..so it will be his decision..