PDA

View Full Version : Kryptview - Eurosport now gone like setanta

walter_red
27th June, 2009, 10:44 PM
Hi all, Had no probs with my OLD kryptview 700c but all of a sudden Eurosport plus GOLD & a couple of others have started breaking up. Setanta went just the same (I know thats gone now) on my box. I've read some posts where people have had no problems with setanta and some that have - I never cured it even after recscans etc & I can't cure Eurosport now.

Anyone any ideas?? Many thanks for your replies

cactikid
27th June, 2009, 11:18 PM
are u using splitters if so remove ,sounds like a signal issue.

neonman72
29th June, 2009, 08:11 PM
hi got a new kryptview and I'm wondering where to get the latest firmware for this I'm in dublin

windfitz
29th June, 2009, 09:11 PM
4shared - free file sharing and storage - share folder - My 4shared (http://eko.4shared.com/)

walter_red
1st July, 2009, 07:00 PM
are u using splitters if so remove ,sounds like a signal issue.

Thanks, I have got a splitter (always have had but it's been fine until now) I took the cable direct to the outlet on the wall, didn't even use the 'real' ntl splitter for broadband. Did a 'factoy default' reset & scanned again - it didn't pick up eurosport 1 only 2. Left it overnight and 1 popped up but it's still the same. If I change the value in 'signal variation' I can get it a bit more stable but it then throws out loads of the channels that were ok before!

Maybe the box is nearing it's useful life?? It's not that old

wilf
1st July, 2009, 07:05 PM
try a different firmware, some work better than others i got 13/3/09 on mine all channels working fine, anything from the 28/11/08 is fine to flash on the 700

Bloat
6th July, 2009, 10:32 AM
Hi,

I had a similar problem about a month ago (detailed in a separate post) and it turned out to be a signal problem. My upstream power level was 61dbmV and downstream -12 to -14. A quick call and an engineer visit later and I now have no problems with picture with a more suitable 50 upstream and 0 to -1 downstream.