PDA

View Full Version : DM800 Tuner Problem

dazmaul
28th June, 2009, 11:51 AM
Hi guys,

Last night my DM800 started showing the tuner status attributes SR=0% and BER=0% - basically as if there was no connection between the box and the dish. I tried restarting and rebooting but no joy.

At that point I thought there may have been a problem with the cable attached to the satellite dish.

However, when I've got up this morning and turned the box on everything is back working.

Is there a know overheating issue with the tuners in the DM800 models? The box gets very hot and there is no cooling fan.

.: JaCkPoT :.
28th June, 2009, 12:43 PM
Mate in the future put all your questions in one thread! ;)

Curious123
28th June, 2009, 01:40 PM
Hi guys,

Last night my DM800 started showing the tuner status attributes SR=0% and BER=0% - basically as if there was no connection between the box and the dish. I tried restarting and rebooting but no joy.

At that point I thought there may have been a problem with the cable attached to the satellite dish.

However, when I've got up this morning and turned the box on everything is back working.

Is there a know overheating issue with the tuners in the DM800 models? The box gets very hot and there is no cooling fan.

When the dm800 first came out there was definitely a major issue about the box overheating. I assumed that DM might have fixed the problem. If you google the question of dm800 oervheating you will find several people have had similar porblems.

.: JaCkPoT :.
28th June, 2009, 02:13 PM
You should be able to fix a pc fan in it..
Not hard but im sure there are guides out there!

2tone
28th June, 2009, 05:15 PM
i think on hd chans there is a big over heat on most receivers but when i had my 800 i did not have any over heat probs at all just seems to be some units but i was more than sure dream had fixed this maybe not lots of people use small pc fans as said seems to work

westkill
28th June, 2009, 06:01 PM
ive got mine on a laptop cooler pluged into usb port
looks pretty good with the bue light lol
>>>>>here
laptop cooler, Computing, Consumer Electronics, Mobile Home Phones items at low prices on eBay.co.uk (http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1311&_nkw=laptop+cooler&_sacat=See-All-Categories)

tomthebomb1968
28th June, 2009, 06:32 PM
Mate in the future put all your questions in one thread! ;)
Surely he was correct to post 3 different threads for 3 different problems, it helps others with similar difficulties to easily find replys to specific problems and hopefully a fix.

Re the tuner, it could be the lnb overheating in extreme warm weather, if it happens during the day and is ok at night then thats probably it, Pour some cold water on it, lol not joking though.