PDA

View Full Version : new to locksmith need some help guys

bassam
10th August, 2014, 06:46 PM
hi everyone, i need some help to understand locksmith and immo..
first if i want to make a spare key is sbb a good soloution ?
second what is tango programmer and how can it be better than sbb?
third if there's a guide or anything to start understanding the whole story it would be great
thanks all and best regards

gwee
10th August, 2014, 07:23 PM
no one will be able to teach you from basic :)

best solution, go through posts here and try to understand.

I spent few hours everyday @ DK, in few months will learn the basic

Carkeysa
10th August, 2014, 08:13 PM
Basic difference between SBB and Tango is that SBB programmes via OBD port while Tango writes the transponder chips into the immobiliser eeprom chip which you have usually to desolder first and read the dump or writes from the dump onto the chip. There are lots of people on this forum who will gladly help with any questions you might have but always use the search button first and the cardinal rule is always press the thanks button for those who have assisted you. For a lot of vehicles you'll need a pin code to put keys in, some chips are locked after programming, some remote keys have the chips built into them and need a new chip soldered on and to be precoded before the remote can be reused as well as lots of other boobytraps to be overcome along the way. No machine will do all so be prepared to invest in numerous options. Read ,read, and some more reading is required here as well as lots of experimenting

hi everyone, i need some help to understand locksmith and immo..
first if i want to make a spare key is sbb a good soloution ?
second what is tango programmer and how can it be better than sbb?
third if there's a guide or anything to start understanding the whole story it would be great
thanks all and best regards

totalkey
10th August, 2014, 08:15 PM
no one will be able to teach you from basic :)

best solution, go through posts here and try to understand.

I spent few hours everyday @ DK, in few months will learn the basic

True gwee , but it's like gibberish if you don't have 3-6 months of field work

gwee
10th August, 2014, 08:17 PM
True gwee , but it's like gibberish if you don't have 3-6 months of field work

correct :)

totalkey
10th August, 2014, 08:22 PM
I was lucky and a 60 years old locksmith took me to his shop in Las Vegas and I just looked at him for 2 months , and then I struggle by my self for anther 6 months success doing 2 cars from 4 cars I was trying ( because I didn't was familiar with dk) and just after this I was starting to know what I need to do before arriving the job.

gwee
10th August, 2014, 08:24 PM
i learned everything from DK ( friends @ DK especially ) :)

totalkey
10th August, 2014, 08:30 PM
I wish I know dk 5 years ago, and saving allot of money on china crap products and unsuccessful programming keys

Now I getting into the immo off area because it's new thing in my country and it's saving allot of money for garages that not need to buy a hole sets of ecu and immo boxes and ignitions + locks

garagetech
10th August, 2014, 09:52 PM
I wish I know dk 5 years ago, and saving allot of money on china crap products and unsuccessful programming keys

Now I getting into the immo off area because it's new thing in my country and it's saving allot of money for garages that not need to buy a hole sets of ecu and immo boxes and ignitions + locks

Not always a good idea , logically speaking this kills business for locksmith in the long-run. the money making side for locksmiths is key programming!!! Just imagine everyone switching off immos in cars!

totalkey
10th August, 2014, 10:05 PM
Not always a good idea , logically speaking this kills business for locksmith in the long-run. the money making side for locksmiths is key programming!!!

The market flooded with locksmiths and china tools getting better so many costumers getting 30-50% lower prices for keys. And I got 30k worth of tools just sitting in my shop.
And in my country garages even don't know English and basic soldering and programming of diagnostics stuff so I put all my effort on give solutions to the garage and not increase the google pay per click amount every day for getting 10-15 calls a day for just asking prices and do nothing or earn very little.
For immo off I charge 100 pounds. For spare transponder key the market price went down to 20-30 pounds. After I practice on my soldering skills it take me 5 to 20 minutes to immo off ecu and I not spending a penny on advertise . I sure in the English speaking countries many mechanics doing day to day diagnostics but here it's old fashion guys

stalonerambo
11th August, 2014, 02:06 AM
The market flooded with locksmiths and china tools getting better so many costumers getting 30-50% lower prices for keys. And I got 30k worth of tools just sitting in my shop. And in my country garages even don't know English and basic soldering and programming of diagnostics stuff so I put all my effort on give solutions to the garage and not increase the google pay per click amount every day for getting 10-15 calls a day for just asking prices and do nothing or earn very little.For immo off I charge 100 pounds. For spare transponder key the market price went down to 20-30 pounds. After I practice on my soldering skills it take me 5 to 20 minutes to immo off ecu and I not spending a penny on advertise . I sure in the English speaking countries many mechanics doing day to day diagnostics but here it's old fashion guyshi friend, where do you live, ?do you charge 30 for a spare key, just it? how do you earn money charging just it , how much would you charge , to teach me by skype, how to do keys for (bmw, merceds,audi) i mean, eprom job on this cars, i know the basic , but is very hard to me read mcu from imobox, bsi,, without **** it up , can you teach me by skype how to use upa the right way, I know how to solder and unsolder i can do it very well my problem is, how to set up upa, what do you think

gwee
11th August, 2014, 04:06 AM
i can do it very well my problem is, how to set up upa, what do you think

..............................:hmmmm:

paul_12345
11th August, 2014, 07:12 AM
I know how to solder and unsolder i can do it very well

post a video in high resolution of your desoldering/soldering

bassam
7th October, 2014, 04:46 PM
Okay guys thanks for all info you gave me.
Im glad im here :)
Just need an advice
What tools to get ?
What if i got a honda crv lost keys ?
There's somekind of auto cutting tools but the problem is which one to get ?
I already got tango and rosfar and avdi- but with some licenses. .
I used skp-900 and mvp pro and sbb tools in my older work..
But yes mvp costs alot especially after paying for tango and extra tools and shop oppening
Any advice would be great, thanks everyone for the help
By the way im only 19 years old so :p im barley standing up and face this ..

Edit : is there any kind of vodoo Icc calc ?
Or cheaper one you know :p
Thanks anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9500

totalkey
7th October, 2014, 06:13 PM
Okay guys thanks for all info you gave me.
Im glad im here :)
Just need an advice
What tools to get ?
What if i got a honda crv lost keys ?
There's somekind of auto cutting tools but the problem is which one to get ?
I already got tango and rosfar and avdi- but with some licenses. .
I used skp-900 and mvp pro and sbb tools in my older work..
But yes mvp costs alot especially after paying for tango and extra tools and shop oppening
Any advice would be great, thanks everyone for the help
By the way im only 19 years old so :p im barley standing up and face this ..

Edit : is there any kind of vodoo Icc calc ?
Or cheaper one you know :p
Thanks anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9500

Where are you from?

iPhone Tapatalk

bassam
7th October, 2014, 06:51 PM
Lebanon, middle east sir..

Sent from my GT-I9500

totalkey
7th October, 2014, 07:33 PM
Lebanon, middle east sir..

Sent from my GT-I9500

Me also, it's depending what cars are popular in Lebanon , I know in Israel 60% is Asian cars

iPhone Tapatalk

bassam
7th October, 2014, 07:59 PM
Here too its 80% japanese and korean :)

Sent from my GT-I9500

totalkey
7th October, 2014, 08:51 PM
Here too its 80% japanese and korean :)

Sent from my GT-I9500

So your life easy, x100 and Sbb

iPhone Tapatalk

vageric