PDA

View Full Version : Landrover Freelander Sawdoc Solution

iamfooser
12th August, 2014, 06:45 AM
Hi guys,

I have a Landrover Freelander that uses SAWDOC immobilizer. It is all lost siutation. Only solution that I have is the expensive TMPRO and AD900?

Anyone know how to precode the transponder or a cheaper solution to this?

Thank you.

Regards,

ps.It is not possible for me to buy key from dealer here

aassfour
12th August, 2014, 07:25 AM
get a dealer key and program it by OBD easy

iamfooser
12th August, 2014, 08:09 AM
get a dealer key and program it by OBD easy

The local dealer quoted me $900 for a dealer key and I have to wait for at least a month. :canabis:

aassfour
12th August, 2014, 08:10 AM
ur dealer is high

elephantul
12th August, 2014, 01:53 PM
change sawdoc with ews, is easy to read and edit, and put paired dump ecu+ews, make transponder , i have some paired dumps, depend your engine ecu

gwee
12th August, 2014, 05:44 PM
change sawdoc with ews, is easy to read and edit, and put paired dump ecu+ews, make transponder , i have some paired dumps, depend your engine ecu

cable connector same for sawdoc and ews?

elephantul
12th August, 2014, 07:24 PM
yes, same conector, i change myself in one freelander with sawdoc, car have desincronize ecu and sawdoc, cant succeed read sawdoc, even with tmpro, i buy only second hand ews (from freelander not bmw) is strange ews, inside like ews3, conector like ews2, i make transponder, read ecu dump and manual sync with ews (like bmw), car start without modifi conector or wires

gwee
12th August, 2014, 07:29 PM
yes, same conector, i change myself in one freelander with sawdoc, car have desincronize ecu and sawdoc, cant succeed read sawdoc, even with tmpro, i buy only second hand ews (from freelander not bmw) is strange ews, inside like ews3, conector like ews2, i make transponder, read ecu dump and manual sync with ews (like bmw), car start without modifi conector or wires

very good info mate :)

iamfooser
13th August, 2014, 02:26 AM

Alright, I will let my customer know and will try to get ews for landrover if my customer agree with it. Thank you so much for the information.

Regards

Sent from my HTC Desire 600 dual sim using Tapatalk

iamfooser
10th September, 2014, 05:40 AM
Now owner found back the key but have P1602 - ECM/immo comm error. Is it possible for us to sync them manually?

Car has
sawdoc and
DDE 0 281 010 811
NNN500340

Jlr could not communicate with this car as this car is made in 05.

I am open any ideas and suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Regards

elephantul
10th September, 2014, 08:47 AM
if jlr not comunicate with car maybe have another trouble, for sync need engine eprom and sawdoc eprom

iamfooser
10th September, 2014, 08:55 AM
Other diagnostic can communicate without problem. Apparently JLR can only support car with canbus and this car does not. Alright, I will read and post the eeprom next. Thanks.

geeroam
8th March, 2015, 08:58 PM
Hi I have landrover with dde ecu can you help me with a working set of dumps? i want to replace sawdoc with ews. thanks in advance

robert81
7th April, 2015, 06:19 PM
Hi all
quick question
got sawdoc LR, all keys lost, key ordered form dealer obviosuly need coding.
will mvp pro code the key to the car without a working one?
according to AD IQ it doesn't require working key but form my research i think it does.
car is bit far away and i dont want to waste my time to find out myself

can anyone cofirm if MVP pro require working key to code a new key which is form main dealer?
if mvp pro cant do it - is there any other tool which can?

Thanks in advance

iamfooser
7th April, 2015, 06:23 PM
If key is ordered from dealer, MVP pro should be able to do it. As key is precoded with the correct data. When I tried with MVP pro, I did not have pre coded transponder. Also I didnt manage to complete this job as owner found his key.

But there was a problem as it lost sync between sawdoc module and ecu. It was finally fixed by dealer.

instakeys
8th April, 2015, 11:48 PM
Which eeprom in ECU needs reading in order to sync a replacement EWS
I'd like to do this conversion, as I cant work with sawdoc at all and have turned a few of these down.

robert81
10th April, 2015, 08:18 PM
mvp pro + key form dealer = 2 minute job.
very simple and straight forward

obdsystems
10th April, 2015, 08:22 PM
hmmm i try to avoid dealers. Take it you can avoid towing it to dealer but real money is doing whole job at side-of-road:biggrin:

instakeys
10th April, 2015, 10:21 PM
I agree mate. But dealer keys ?100+ (plus cost of a token from AD) - what to bill the customer? Lots!
Aftermarket NE38 case and a blank PCF - ?4
Used scrapyard Freelander EWS modules - for next to nothing.
...and do the job same day, at the side of the road, faster than the guy with his AD machine waiting on pre-coded key (4-10 days) - But - still same bill, and more profit for me.

And ordering dealer keys ain't something I've ever done out my own pocket. Ever had someone ring you back as your almost there to a general lost keys job, to say 'I've found my keys' ? Nightmare!
Imagine that one once you've paid X amount to dealer/3DGroup and the like for a precoded key... :apologetic:

Back to the point though, who's else has done this conversion, and where in the ECU to look for the dump to pair?
I'm currently trying to source a matched ECU & EWS to read dumps from and I'll post the files when I have them.
Best little nugget of info from DK I've heard in a while! I thought the plugs would be different. Never seen SAWDOC module before as I don't touch them.
Can't wait to give this a bash actually...

robert81
10th April, 2015, 10:56 PM
i agree with you guys.
it wasnt my idea to order a key from dealer.
owner had mate at LR dealer and ordered key thinking it will work without coding.
but it didnt. so instead of towing car to stealer he asked me to code it for him.
at the other hand - i wouldnt touch sawdoc i think. to much hassle.
he paid 75 quid for key with transponder. not sure how long he had to wait
if you consider the hassle to decode the lock or pay for codes, remove sawdoc or ews, and read it (its easy with ews but not with sawdoc) dealer key sounds like good option.
its good question instakeys asks - what memory sits in ecu etc....

im with you both legas and hands - get all sorted by yourself at roadside. so dont get me wrong on that aspect

elephantul
11th April, 2015, 06:25 AM
this is eprom to read in engine ecu (if is diesel) 95p08

instakeys
11th April, 2015, 11:09 AM
this is eprom to read in engine ecu (if is diesel) 95p08

Thank you elephantul!
Is the 1.8 petrol engine just a MEMS 3 ECU?

I'll try in meantime to get some paired Dumps and post them. Thanks

obdsystems
12th April, 2015, 10:56 AM
double that request :) please share dumps.

tho imagine we could buy ecu set down scrap yard

PS. W're not leechers. anything we can help you with we will - cheers

ninja123
12th April, 2015, 07:50 PM
This is good info, but what would be even better, does anyone have a pinout of the ews3 in landrover, so can use xprog adapter to read rather than remove mcu?

ninja

ps - simple procedure to make key for lock with lishi!

instakeys
12th April, 2015, 11:41 PM
This is good info, but what would be even better, does anyone have a pinout of the ews3 in landrover, so can use xprog adapter to read rather than remove mcu?

AK90 reads this in-circuit no bother ninja. I've only ever came across 0D46J MCU's in these.

ninja123
13th April, 2015, 08:16 PM
I know, but xprog connector is very easy and very fast, no need to remove nasty red laquer or lift pins or cut tracks or solder.

If no one knows this info, I may work it out when i get a little free time.

ninja

elephantul
14th April, 2015, 06:23 AM
i dont think xprog have ews2 adapter, is strange ews, plug like ews2,inside ews3

ninja123
14th April, 2015, 07:23 AM
I know, but the pins on the plug will be going to the same place as normal ews3, so just need to make an adapter to use xprog via k line, just need pin out of this ews3 and normal ews3 and then it can be done very easy.

obdsystems
14th April, 2015, 09:19 AM
its getting the ews off the car which takes time!

lcprog
22nd October, 2017, 05:15 PM
hi
Could you solve the problem?
I need a set of files for the system with ecu 5wk90003

thanks

antonnio_stef
4th January, 2019, 08:41 PM
584512584513584514584515 you can use same ews adapter as ews3 bmw e46 .. but with this pinout on ews3D .. and this boot location .. no need 12v power suply , it ok only usb in xprog.. succes

autoTkey
8th October, 2019, 07:23 AM
Ok, but any hints on how to sync ECU with replacement EWS module?
I don't have a job on this car now but just curious how it must be done.
Could some diagnostic software do it?

Akvilon
25th October, 2019, 04:48 AM
Hello!
Please help me with changing sawdoc immo box to ews. I need to synchronise new ews with existing ECU. Dumps of EWS and Siemens ECU attached. VIN of the car is SALLNAB626A807439.

PierreTheron
17th July, 2020, 08:50 PM
mate you took my picture for ews3d connection . Great i am happy
Regards

SAMDoctor
24th September, 2021, 11:14 AM
I'm in the same situation. Customer bought dealer key and remote. Coded the fob with VVDI key tool plus, no problem. But can't do the key matching. It came already pre-programmed from the dealer, ID46 locked. Do you know any OBD tool to do the pairing? Tried with SDD but it's too old for IDS or SDD, and RDS does not communicate with a SDD interface, it needs its proprietary T4Mobile+ interface.