PDA

View Full Version : help ews3(change the kit car not crankinng)

elmaalouf
12th August, 2014, 07:59 AM
hello friends
pls i have a problem with an ecu of ms41 bmw so i bought another complet kit ecu ews and key
the new kit cant turn the engine i tried to read the ews and compare the vin numbers they are all the same
so what can it be my problem?
i got same problem before with 2 kits when i read another ews and ecu and put them on the kit the car start but for this time my 29f200 programer isnt working
any help pls?
thanks in advance

elmaalouf
12th August, 2014, 08:09 PM
any hel[p pls?
i am thinking if its cuz the kit is from a car right hand drive and mine is left hand drive?
i really need a solution :(

elmaalouf
12th August, 2014, 08:25 PM
one of my friends told me to do rolling reset it will work is it right?
and how to do that?
thanks

darius89
12th August, 2014, 08:44 PM
need ews dme syncro

elmaalouf
12th August, 2014, 08:56 PM
but the car cant crank so before syncho it should turn the engine

cjawahir
13th August, 2014, 02:17 AM
a few things that can cause it , bad key , key reader , range switch transmission signal .

scan the vehicle ews and engine ecu .

if all is ok then insert the key and turn on put your finger on the relay inside ews , you will feel the relay move , click sound .

cj

elmaalouf
13th August, 2014, 07:24 AM
Helli friend thanks for ur reply the relay isnt moving i wrote the data on other ews same problem

may we have to modify in the ews data? Cuz the car was starting on the old kit
thanks again

TudiM3
13th August, 2014, 04:52 PM
Helli friend thanks for ur reply the relay isnt moving i wrote the data on other ews same problem

may we have to modify in the ews data? Cuz the car was starting on the old kit
thanks again
Hello
Your file is from automatic car. You need to connect ignition +12v to EWS connector pin 6.
Or recode EWS to manual transmission.
And then if you put ignition on, and relay won't click,your key or ring coil is bad.

cjawahir
13th August, 2014, 06:57 PM
Hello
Your file is from automatic car. You need to connect ignition +12v to EWS connector pin 6.
Or recode EWS to manual transmission.
And then if you put ignition on, and relay won't click,your key or ring coil is bad.

yes this is correct ,

cj

elmaalouf
13th August, 2014, 08:14 PM
your right friends this was the problem :) thanks a lot but how to do recode the ews for manual car ?
the qustion is for next time or its better to connect + to pin 6?
thanks

TudiM3
15th August, 2014, 11:08 AM
your right friends this was the problem :) thanks a lot but how to do recode the ews for manual car ?
the qustion is for next time or its better to connect + to pin 6?
thanks
If you have experience you can re-code with NCS Expert or if not, the easiest way with BMW Scanner 1.4 in EWS, coding menu.