PDA

View Full Version : Digital TV problems

dianeh
12th August, 2014, 07:34 PM
Hi I don't know if this is right place but ive got a skybox f5s working on my TV downstairs i have a UHF modulater connected to the skybox f5s as i have 2 TV's upstairs where i can watch the channels from skybox f5s but the digital tv upstairs keeps pixelating any body got any idea what can be the problem please

billybob69
12th August, 2014, 07:50 PM
The first thing that you need to do is to check whether the connections are all OK. Secondly establish whether you have got a good signal going to your TV. There should be something in the TV setup which tells you what % strength of signal you are receiving (most need at least 75%). If you have got a good signal, I would connect your skybox to your upstairs cable to see if your skybox also pixelates on that cable, if it doesn't you know that it is a problem with how your TV transcodes the signal.

bb69

dianeh
12th August, 2014, 08:33 PM
The first thing that you need to do is to check whether the connections are all OK. Secondly establish whether you have got a good signal going to your TV. There should be something in the TV setup which tells you what % strength of signal you are receiving (most need at least 75%). If you have got a good signal, I would connect your skybox to your upstairs cable to see if your skybox also pixelates on that cable, if it doesn't you know that it is a problem with how your TV transcodes the signal.

bb69
Thank you i have tried these and still stuck i wish i could take a pic the way everything is set up i have a good signal strength i have Hdmi cable from skybox f5s to Tv downstairs & the coax from the main aerial into a splitter with a rf lead in to main tv downstairs the other end of rf into modulator there is another coax from modulator to a signal booster upstairs then a coax from each of 2 other tvs upstairs to booster and finally i have a scart from modulator to skybox f5s Thank you for replying

ontherack
22nd August, 2014, 11:07 AM
Does box output from hdmi and scart at same time??? You are switching from hdmi/scart as required???

WOODWARD395
9th October, 2014, 02:00 PM
are you using both TV'S together Always thought you could only have hdmi output or scart from your box but not both together may be wrong. I had a similar problem many moons ago using a modulator simple test with your tv on downstairs see how it pixalates then turn your tv off downstairs and see if it is still doing it.