PDA

View Full Version : ECU remaping question

ivano
28th June, 2009, 07:57 PM
Hello guys!
I just bought Galleto ECU flasher 1260 and I'm interesting how it works. After I install the cable on my PC and turn ignition ON on my Passat TDI 3B2, I connect car with PC (of course with that EOBD 1260 cable). In Galleto program which came with cable i select the car and ECU, and when I click on Read button nothing happens, actually the led diode on cable is blinking (it isn't only red) and my PC gets freeze. At first I think that it is normal, so I left PC about half hour, but nothing happens. I don't know where is the problem (is that car too old for ECU remap via EOBD cable). Please, help me. Thanks in advance!
And sorry for bad english :-)

ivano
28th June, 2009, 10:40 PM
Anyone???!

teerak2uk
29th June, 2009, 12:47 AM
what o/s are you using and have you tried your supplier

scooby99
29th June, 2009, 03:55 PM
hi

you can only flash ECU's on cars from the year 2000 onwards other than that you have to take out the ECU and remove the chips ,

what year of car do you have..some of them you have do on the bench if so you will need this cable to do it

http://image.ecplaza.com/offer/c/carsales/5460987_m.jpg

cheers

scooby99

ivano
29th June, 2009, 08:56 PM
hi

you can only flash ECU's on cars from the year 2000 onwards other than that you have to take out the ECU and remove the chips ,

what year of car do you have..some of them you have do on the bench if so you will need this cable to do it

cheers

scooby99

I use Windows XP, and my Passat is from '99 (maybe is year problem). But thanks anyway, I 'll try it tomorrow on Mercedes C220 CDI from 2001, it should work on them :-)

Babanovski
5th July, 2009, 11:50 PM
if youar pasat is edc15, you can read and write trou obd if is older version then you need to open ecu end program chips. i have loot of files if you need i can send you.

doddy2323
3rd October, 2009, 09:50 PM
remove cluster fuse(10A) This cut comunication with ECU.Babanovski (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/60629-babanovski/) you are right.

tango
3rd October, 2009, 11:40 PM
normally with vags u need to remove the instrument fuse (usually fuse 11)

mmc83
5th October, 2009, 01:25 PM
I can confirm that the car will work with galleto and you just need to get the cluster fuse and then try getting the id using the right ecu...I thing yours is edc15v normal without 1mb file

Robby&Bobby
5th October, 2009, 04:36 PM
I can confirm that the car will work with galleto and you just need to get the cluster fuse and then try getting the id using the right ecu...I thing yours is edc15v normal without 1mb file

How can you confirm this car will work? you don't even know what engine or ecu he has...

If it is one of the first 3B2 it could still be a msa15 ecu. I had many when they just came out... the only way to do is by desolding the chip. sold a socket an plug in a programmed chip.

AT TOPIC STARTER: If you want clear answers why don't you mention your car's engine code? or at least some more details than just "3B2 tdi '99" what is stock horsepower?

Babanovski
19th October, 2009, 02:19 AM
The best way to now is to read with vag or vcds and see if is edc15 or msa. if is edc15 you can doit with galeto if not you need to desolder the eprom and program vith tuned file.

silvestro!
31st October, 2009, 06:52 PM
I've similar problem with my Peugeot 307 1.6 16V
I try read ME7.4.4 (is on a Galleto list as supported) with
my brand new Galleto 1260.
I can read ECU serial numbers but can't read ECU content.
I didn't got any manualm, maybe doing samfing wrong.
Can sameone advise me, please?

Best regards,

silvestro!

sogaro
11th February, 2010, 06:04 AM
hi

cheers

scooby99

Hi mate, where can i get this cable to buy and will it work with all cars as i have a need to use it with a Chrysler Jeep Cherokee and a Honda Accord. Whats the name too, i have a Male connector Break out box, thx.

vanya86
18th April, 2010, 05:31 PM
if youar pasat is edc15, you can read and write trou obd if is older version then you need to open ecu end program chips. i have loot of files if you need i can send you.

Can you send repam files to me. i have passat 3bg 2001y 19 tdi 130 HP. Thank you

hollow
20th April, 2010, 01:02 AM
any idea why galletto comes up with error changing speed when trying to write to edc16 ??