PDA

View Full Version : Diagnostic Interface collision?

ori793
18th August, 2014, 05:15 PM
Hello everyone,

i dont remember if i ever introduced myself, me and my family own a business for vehicle repair for over 30 years.
all the time we used to purchase expensive dedicated diagnostic tools such as Launch and Carman VG+,
but none of them were perfect such as original equipment.

i have Toyota mini-VCI with Techstream, Diagbox 7.49 and i would like to purchase another renault Clip, in the future also vag-com and inpa,
I dont know if i can run all of them on the same laptop.
the laptop is not strong enough for runing VMWare and i wanted to know if these interface can work together on the same laptop?

Any tips would be much appreciated!

autoden
18th August, 2014, 07:31 PM
I have most of those you listed. I put vm ware and impa on an external h/drive. Clip is a big lump, so its on its own lappy. VCDS and a few others have no problem. Ford IDS likes to be on its own, but runs ok alongside autocom. Hope this helps.
autoden

the_riddler
18th August, 2014, 09:33 PM
or do what i do and run a multi-boot system, with 4 partitions, (or More)
seems to work very well with no clashing,

1 runs win7
other 3 all run win XP

ori793
20th August, 2014, 07:13 PM
thank you for the information.

i want to use SSD to speed things up and in the same time save battery life, every gb is important ;)
promise to update this post from time to time with my experience.

autotrans
27th August, 2014, 10:35 AM
or do what i do and run a multi-boot system, with 4 partitions, (or More)
seems to work very well with no clashing,

1 runs win7
other 3 all run win XP

what software do use for multiboot, would like to explore this option

ACDC
27th August, 2014, 12:21 PM

Well it is possible to edit your bootloader with easybcd. But first make sure to install every windows distro in chronological order...and on different partitions of course :P But imho it's easier to run virtualbox....also takes up less space if you know how to use it.

To OP: Clip isn't much of a handfull, it can run beside almost anything.
I have Bosch ESI, Clip, OP-COM, Focom, Dialogys, Vivid, BMW Rheingold, Diagbox on the same old Win XP, and never had a problem with those. I only use a virtualbox machine for Ford IDS, because had a problem with it in the past, and never got to be able to solve it, so it's better this way. Also have a virtualbox machine for Xentry....if you know how much of a hassle it is to install it, then you can easily guess why :D

the_riddler
27th August, 2014, 08:25 PM

i cant remember, but will find out for you my friend...

the_riddler
27th August, 2014, 09:55 PM
i used EASEUS partition manager Free (http://www.easeus.com/download/partition-manager.html) to create the amount of primary partions that i need
then i used windows itself to create multi boot, ican only remember on my "XP" laptop i edited the BOOT.INI file.
i used the web to show me how, but i cant remember exactly how i did it.....
its not difficult..
i done this way because at the time i could not find good free multi boot software

i hope this helps mate..

each partion is bootable and has its own operating system installed

einet
27th August, 2014, 11:21 PM
hello

i have in my tablet, vag can pro,ucandas,clip,vas-pc,diagbox,odis,odis-e,win ols,vcds,autocom,opcom,upa,xprog box,r270,beeprog 2+,all etl programas, varus immos,......all what i need to work.

only problem what i must bee carfully is virus! i must test all on another pc with virtual pc for test.