22nd August, 2014, 01:47 PM
Hi dk community,
I need your help guys,
I expose to you my problem.
I work on a mercedes ecu W 203 c200 2.2l DCI
The ECU : BOSCH ED006 CR3.13 2.2l
EDC16C2 MB Part : A 646 153 81 79
Bosch part : 0281011620
I post some picture of ECU in this thread.

What hapened? At the first time the car start when she want and now nothing! there is no DTC on other ecu but forthe engine i can enter on ecu but i can do nothing. I can't red the dtc.
Sometime when i plug my interface to check the ecu, it does not communicate.

I do an ecu dump in full bdm with xprog. MPC, flash, eeprom. But something is strang.
Can someone check my dump files and tell me if the files was ok?
And in the same time, if somebady has an original dump to this ecu? please send it to me.

Thnk's for your help,

See you later on DK

saibox
25th August, 2014, 09:54 PM
hi, Nobody can verifier my dump, please i need your help. ECM give me error he can't open me file.
Today my friend tell me that the problem comes from the MPC and he think that i need to rework it.
Someone know an other way?
which is the job of this two component,
if you need more explanation about my problem or about my dump, i'm here.

Joe019
26th August, 2014, 11:52 AM
Reflow the MPC, its better unplug it, put a new balls, and solder it again. Or you can send the ecu to a professional ecu repair...

BR

saibox
26th August, 2014, 09:16 PM
Hi Joe019 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/78849-joe019/) thank's for your answer i'm going to reflow the mpc this week and i come back here to tell you what hapened.
And about my files nobody can verify it? or compare with original dump.
I do not want to begin reballing MPC before knowing if file are damaged or not.
Please help

smayer
26th August, 2014, 11:18 PM
Reflow mpc kill the ecu, solution is reballing, but maybe the problem it?s another.

saibox
29th August, 2014, 07:31 PM
hi and thanks for answer but it don't work i reflow the MPC today with reball station but the car don't start.
I'm sure that the probleme come to my files eeprom or flash because i can read the dtc but can't erase it.
Can someone hust verify my dump or sending to me an original or virgine dump for this ecu please.

smayer
29th August, 2014, 10:00 PM
1- "car start when she want" so it?s not a sofware problem.
2- Now car don?t start, means you fu** the ecu.

saibox
29th August, 2014, 10:04 PM
Hi it's me again i answer to myself for help all DK member how need it. I have to find an original file of this ECU I comment here this file for those who need it. I am also going to send it to youkiller to add it in her database.
On the other hand I have to compare this file has my dump of flash and they are identical.
I think that the probleme come from the eerpom 95160. Someone can repair the dump? I upload it in post 1.

original dump EDC16C2 mercedes c200 2.2 cdi years 2003

saibox
29th August, 2014, 10:17 PM
1- "car start when she want" so it?s not a sofware problem.
2- Now car don?t start, means you fu** the ecu.
hi smayer THe car don't start before reballing MPC and now it's the same.
But before reball MPC the ecu won't communicate and now it work but i can read or erase the DTC

smayer
29th August, 2014, 10:21 PM
hi smayer THe car don't start before reballing MPC and now it's the same.
But before reball MPC the ecu won't communicate and now it work but i can read or erase the DTC

How you can say ecu work if car don?t start and can?t read or erase dtc?

In my first answer and write the problem can be another...

insomnia2009
29th August, 2014, 10:22 PM
i will check tomorrow on my pc i should have full bdm back up of your file you can load and see how it goes after that i would change the mpc for new

smayer
29th August, 2014, 10:27 PM
This ECU don?t have 95160 EEprom, it?s 95320, if you read as 95160 just have half content of EEprom.

saibox
29th August, 2014, 11:18 PM
How you can say ecu work if car don?t start and can?t read or erase dtc?

In my first answer and write the problem can be another...
Yes You are right. the ecu don't work but now the kline and can H and L work. i think that the reballing Has resolved a part of the breakdown.

insomnia2009 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/227889-insomnia2009/) thanks to your help i waiting for your files.

And sorry I made an error and smayer is right. it's a 95320.

saibox
11th September, 2014, 08:01 AM
Hi i'come back with the next chapter of my Misadventure.
I'm change the MPC556 to a new one and know the car don't start and i can't read DTC.
I think that i localize the problem in flash file, because when i open it in ecm it can't find checksum and it's the same if i test it in winols. did you know if a bad checksum can prevent the starting up of the engine.

PLease anybody can correct my checksum or tell me how can i do this myself.

dikseln
11th September, 2014, 08:37 AM
In another same case the car start and readed dtc internal errore. I think depend of sector of memory which damaged.

saibox
12th September, 2014, 12:15 AM
all right but i need eliminate the checksum problem before searching other fault. Please help to correct the checksum to my my file.

smayer
12th September, 2014, 12:28 AM
I see you are completely lost....
You find a sofware for this unit and say "it?s identical of my file", so the problem it?s not the software.
Do you write the MPC flash in new mcu?

The original problem in your ecu it?s not software or MPC, now can be a lot of things more the original issue.

saibox
12th September, 2014, 11:09 PM
hi, smayer thank's for reply but Respectfully I would want to tell you that you said i'm lost and it's true but why you don't help me to find an issue for this trouble.
You read or compare files before telling me that it is not that the problem. Because nobody answer about the dump nobody send the original dump and nobody read or compare the file to help me. I am discouraged but the electronics fascinates me and I am going eventually find an issue.

The first probleme is allways the same.
At the first time the car start when she want and after a bad reading ecu it crach. and now after change MPC and write my dump for solve the start problem, the car don't start like before change MPC.
And know the guy's who buy to me the car, tell me that he test to read an write the flash with a tool that can't correct checksum. I think that the flash is broken during bad reading/writing.

And when i compare the original file that i'm post here with my dump i see that the file is identical except one number. like i said on the previous post! ecmtitanium or winols can't find the checksum and that is why I try at first to solve this problem before looking somewhere else. i post all my file and picture but nobody can just verifiy it or tell me how can i do this.
If somebody can help me instead of saying myself just " you are lost " without bringing a way of solution. I think, we need start at begining with putting some good file before test an other way.

Thank's again for help smayer and all dkmember.
please I beg you don't post for saying that i'm wrong if you don't explain or help with constructive advice.

smayer
12th September, 2014, 11:24 PM
Your file checksum corrected, mpc and eeprom are ok.

saibox
13th September, 2014, 01:17 AM
thank you very much friend. Like this i can do something i going to test the file and i come back to tell you what happened. This file is very helpfull for me i can now work. Thank's a lot.

jp_olli
14th September, 2014, 07:07 AM
Your original problem is a bad external flash ic.

pianoman58
15th September, 2014, 08:40 PM
I have good, used, unopened, 0 281 011 619 from w203 2003 2.2cdi
Are you able to virginise it
Where are you

saibox
24th September, 2014, 12:47 AM
Hello, I come back from a few days of rest to tell you what happened with my ECU.
The problem is solved thanks to you guys and particulary for you smayer.
The MPC chip that I replace up the first time was defective and later are replacement everything is back to normal again. It has me is enough to inject the file corrected by smayer so that the vehicle starts.
I think that the checksum was corrupted and the replacement of the MPC solved the problem of random starting up. One thousand thanks to all and has this great forum.

Now if someone had troubles with this ECU or MPC soldering, I can help you.

AleXPaiN
29th January, 2015, 10:39 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_HEX thats how you can repair hex files my trouble is that i cant reverse engineer hex to assembler language for MPC556 or other MPC series hope its not late for my response :D

minciunageorge
17th September, 2015, 12:41 PM
Hello !
I have the same problem as saibox, same car, ecu, the same showing symptoms.
In my experience (not too much), this ECU is the same defect, and his resolution is the same. My request is if someone actually met and resolved that (without trying the example of saibox, reflow MPC checksum calculation ... etc.), to help me.
thanks in advance.