PDA

View Full Version : Best android box

roblfcx5
23rd August, 2014, 05:27 PM
Hi guys I'm searching for Android box on fleabay but not sure with one to buy, there's a few diff types, does anyone know which is best. And am I best purchasing 1 that's jail broken ?
Appreciate any help

roblfcx5
23rd August, 2014, 07:41 PM
Which is the newest box out now ?

roblfcx5
23rd August, 2014, 08:23 PM
Mx2 or m8 quad core... Which is best
Any advice guys

roblfcx5
24th August, 2014, 11:18 AM
Take it no one understands or no ones used 1 on this android forum then. " strange"

janushaan
24th August, 2014, 02:32 PM
this is wrong section but MX2 is pretty good with linux installed if you just wanna use xbmc , m8 has more ram same chip supposed to be little faster

shankill2012
25th August, 2014, 03:41 PM
Im using a "minix neo x8h" android tv box with "finless" custom rom and xbmc installed - A cracking box -plays xbmc movies / music great and play games from the play store , download apps from play store,,browse the internet , although you can buy boxes with the same spec a bit cheaper on alie****ess but just be careful - I bought a similar box (4k s802h) and it had an hdmi fault (no picture from hdmi) and im still trying to get a refund , minix neo x8h price is around ?90 (from china) and they are a bit dearer on fleabay.

caveman_nige
27th August, 2014, 04:33 PM
the new M8 is better imho..

we do not actually have a proper forum section for xbmc at the moment, i guess its something we can look into if there is enough demand.. that way we could cover the android boxes, linux boxes and the PC versions

to see if there is any interest or not http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f4/xbmc-do-we-have-members-who-use-gear-436823

wulbert2001
27th August, 2014, 08:34 PM
mx andriod tv box jelly bean is what i use ?65 n ebay brilliant wee box

roblfcx5
29th August, 2014, 08:04 PM
Thanks guys, I ended up getting a droid player of Amazon cos of best reviews, not certain but I think its jus same as MX model its same remote, similar looking box, all seems OK so far,
Was gonna go for the m8 but some were I read quad core is not necessarily faster than dual and 4k means nothing without the matching tv.

ultrakiasu
12th September, 2014, 07:38 AM
Latest version of the popular HiMedia HD600A (the Quad Core version).
There are many user-support forums, and many third-party firmware.
This is surely one of the most popular IPTV android hardware.

gspeedy
23rd September, 2014, 11:27 PM
I find M8 boxes work best.

Tried lots of custom made XBMC versions, would say the newest tvKodiBOX software to be the best.

tony34567
27th March, 2015, 12:37 AM
I got Mars android satellite box from a UK supplier . Kodi,showbox,mobdro works stable , i downloaded free online tv apps from google pay store but after few days of working these apps goes down not reliable apps, I am amazed that Mars box have softcam emulator and 7 days EPG 28.2e and hotbird 13e. Mars Box is based on HI3719MV100, CPU Frequency 1.2GHz + 2*Mali 400 GPU
Flash Memory MLC Nand Flash 4G byte.

teerak2uk
2nd May, 2015, 06:56 PM
Hi friend, if you are looking for android box then must visit this site:.......
There is a large collection of android application. I prefer to visit this site whenever i need new games and app's.
He is looking for a box not the apps!!!

sharleendrapeau
2nd May, 2015, 08:20 PM
He is looking for a box not the apps!!!
Hey, I can understand his requirement. Only want to help him, isn't it good to have a good android game app.
By the way Android box is good for making your TV smarter. :) And 2015 smart tv box from Sony are the best one according to me.

roblfcx5
3rd May, 2015, 11:24 PM
I've used mx, mx2, & the m8 the m8 was best, but I now have new T8 the best by far. Droidsticks.co.uk have a great build to there boxes 5. ****" from me

whatwentwrong81
26th May, 2015, 11:02 PM
I'd stay away from the mars box. I have bought one of them but will be sending it back It has a single core 1.2ghz processor which in 2015 is pathetic. Also although it lists 2 Mali 400 gpus there is no hardware decoding support in xbmc so the is no chance of it playing 1080p films at all. The cccam is great but so laggy. if you try using the epg whilst watching a channel it will freeze and take about 60 seconds to load. There is another similar box called the videostrong k1 this has 2gb ram an allwinner s805 quad core and the Mali 450 octocore cpu. This box is a beast although it's cpu only runs at 1.5ghz if you just want an android tv box the mx3 has the s812 processor which us a 2ghz quad core.
if you really want to spend out though you can now get a box with the allwinner a31 octocore cpu with a powervr 64 core Gpu. If they can put a softcam dvb-s2 tuner in it port tv headend to it and get it to play halo I'd probably stuff my wife off and marry the box.

tony34567
27th May, 2015, 03:20 PM
I'd stay away from the mars box. I have bought one of them but will be sending it back It has a single core 1.2ghz processor which in 2015 is pathetic. Also although it lists 2 Mali 400 gpus there is no hardware decoding support in xbmc so the is no chance of it playing 1080p films at all. The cccam is great but so laggy. if you try using the epg whilst watching a channel it will freeze and take about 60 seconds to load. There is another similar box called the videostrong k1 this has 2gb ram an allwinner s805 quad core and the Mali 450 octocore cpu. This box is a beast although it's cpu only runs at 1.5ghz if you just want an android tv box the mx3 has the s812 processor which us a 2ghz quad core.
if you really want to spend out though you can now get a box with the allwinner a31 octocore cpu with a powervr 64 core Gpu. If they can put a softcam dvb-s2 tuner in it port tv headend to it and get it to play halo I'd probably stuff my wife off and marry the box.

Appereciate your comments . need to clarify points about mars box.
If product CPU is written 1.2GHz it should be single core.
I don't know much about Android and Kodi but what i experienced and read on kodi forums that xbmc/kodi itself restricted to 1280*720p.
settings=>system=>video output=>1280*720p . These settings are grayed.
I followed this video tutorial to fix this issue , Their are plenty of solutions available on google.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-RlNlIumFM
Regarding GPU. Hisilicon Hi3719M V100 CPU used in Mars box . 2 Mali 400 GPU's which means Dual-core high-performance GPU .
Attached downloadable CPU/GPU Details http://www.hisilicon.com/engdownload/digital/2014/Hi3719M%20V100.rar
CC**m and New**m stability depends on server side .
EPG 60sec freezing problem.... Yes its a software bug which need to fix but moving channel up/down will fix it manually.

Thanks

gadget78
14th February, 2016, 10:16 PM
hey ive now got me a Videostrong K1 "with the *********
from ebay/uk****** ... excellent with everything there an working ! totally recommended
working lovely with kodi plex etc, and the sat stuff side too..
ONLY prob i have atm is not being able to edit channels on the satelite side :(
anyone else managed this ??

Johnner
14th February, 2016, 10:42 PM
Gadget,would you have a look at the rules here again mate,please ? Forum Rules (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/2-Forum-Rules)

Pay attention to #9....

Thank you...

gadget78
14th February, 2016, 10:54 PM
Gadget,would you have a look at the rules here again mate,please ? Forum Rules (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/2-Forum-Rules)

Pay attention to #9....

Thank you...

oops sorry, been awhile since i posted, and new to that scene :(
the question posed is not really suited to this forum location too ! ..

zorro1961
17th March, 2018, 02:02 PM
T8s from Droidbox works we'll got one now for 3 years

alamri666
1st May, 2020, 01:37 AM
the best is nvidia shield then Xiaomi Mi S box. dont waste your time.