PDA

View Full Version : Best tool for JOB.

lwood
30th August, 2014, 04:53 PM
Hi DK Members
i work on SRS modules usually , i want to start get into programming remote keys, for the USA market.. what is the best tool for programming keys and all keys lost??
the most important Vehicles are Honda 2013 up, Toyota 2013 up, Nissan 2013 up, then Mazda, Ford, Chevy, and so on..
if not one tool can do all. please let me know what tools will work for specific type.

gwee
30th August, 2014, 05:58 PM
no one tool can do all lol

ninja123
30th August, 2014, 06:44 PM
Your in for a bumpy ride :)

how deep are you pockets?

ninja

zippy82
30th August, 2014, 08:32 PM
SKP-900 might be a good start, I haven't yet seen one but been looking into it and it doesn't look bad but as said don't expect one tool to do everything.

The skp 900 would be good for me as it fills a few gaps in my programming but you always find you need more.

zip

Automat
31st August, 2014, 12:15 AM
USA market? Do you have volume to do? If so, invest in MVP Pro from advanced diagnostics. Free software updates, reasonably good support. Only catch is the need to purchase pay-per-use tokens, buy in quantity to save money. Also, purchase "token saver" Chinese programmers like X100, SBB, T300 that will do several models (but not all) free without tokens. For anything you can't do with these tools, study, study, study..........Actually, before you use any of them...........study, study, study.

lwood
31st August, 2014, 07:38 AM
USA market? Do you have volume to do? If so, invest in MVP Pro from advanced diagnostics. Free software updates, reasonably good support. Only catch is the need to purchase pay-per-use tokens, buy in quantity to save money. Also, purchase "token saver" Chinese programmers like X100, SBB, T300 that will do several models (but not all) free without tokens. For anything you can't do with these tools, study, study, study..........Actually, before you use any of them...........study, study, study.
yes USA market, i will just be starting off . so no volume at the moment.
the x100, SBB, T300 those tools do older cars. i would like to know tools that will program new 2013up vehicles

zippy82
31st August, 2014, 10:31 AM
For 2013 cars Mvp ad100pro or avdi that I know but not cheap and they won't do everything 2013.

Heres the list for skp 900
http://www.superobd.com/DownLoad/3511148-SKP-900_Supported_Model_Details.pdf

Only thing is I want to know about the update policy first as it's not clear, it does look better for USA market on the ford tho.

zip

Phase 4 autokey
31st August, 2014, 06:01 PM
Only tools that can be updated will do newer cars, every year that passes brings newer cars, is that right? As Automat and zippy recommended, use MVP Pro, free software updates, drawback is pay per use tokens. Good luck!!

lwood
2nd September, 2014, 01:36 AM
what is the latest software version of MVP pro M8?? or is the M8 a different ??

luis12
2nd September, 2014, 02:16 AM
Im in Central America and have a market like USA, you need more than one tool, for example AVDI does Toyota/Lexus, Nissan, Fords/Mazda, Mitsubishi and most European Brands but don covers Honda, Automat is right the best option for you is a token MVP pro because dont need to purchase an expensive programs only pay as you need and has a very accesible Price other very usefull tool is Tango it helps a lot but requires electronic skills.. for finish there are no one tool for all.

luis12
2nd September, 2014, 02:20 AM
I forget to include in AVDI Chrysler/Jeep, very amazing tool....

cqae
2nd September, 2014, 03:36 AM
avdi works great for me on hyundai, jeep, toyota, vag and opel, but your gonna have to get a few tools to cover bases.

I'd suggest one big bad tool, mvp/avdi/zedfull or something like that and cover gaps with cheaper units

lwood
2nd September, 2014, 06:59 AM
AVDI where to buy ??

2nd September, 2014, 07:05 AM
AVDI where to buy ??
Abritus72 Ltd. (http://www.abrites.com/)

cqae
2nd September, 2014, 08:36 AM
or a local dealer in your country

lwood
2nd September, 2014, 07:25 PM
is the Key pro M8 the same as the MVP pro??

p1et
2nd September, 2014, 07:53 PM
Yes it's the same but it work on old software of genuine MVP. You will not get any updates for it. You don't have ex. VAG 2013 or Ford Coded 2014 in M8.

lwood
2nd September, 2014, 09:50 PM
Yes it's the same but it work on old software of genuine MVP. You will not get any updates for it. You don't have ex. VAG 2013 or Ford Coded 2014 in M8.
forget that then . i will go for the MVP pro.
i am looking into the AVDI for toyota

paul_12345
2nd September, 2014, 09:59 PM

by what has been posted here I wouldn't use the VAG 2013 if it changes the CS bytes!

lwood
2nd September, 2014, 10:01 PM
any one know of a great seller in the United States for The MVP Pro??

p1et
2nd September, 2014, 10:17 PM
by what has been posted here I wouldn't use the VAG 2013 if it changes the CS bytes!

Yeah I'm still aware of using this soft but I think it's still not clear if changes or no changes? I remember some digital kaos member told it cannot change if the working key is required. Do you know something more?

Sorry for little off-topic, hope it's acceptable.

lwood
2nd September, 2014, 10:42 PM
thats ok with me. just hope no one skips my question.

paul_12345
2nd September, 2014, 11:25 PM
Yeah I'm still aware of using this soft but I think it's still not clear if changes or no changes? I remember some digital kaos member told it cannot change if the working key is required. Do you know something more?

Sorry for little off-topic, hope it's acceptable.

there was a post not too long ago saying it killed a car seemingly changing the CS and AD paid to fix it, and judging by the lack of clarification from AD surely only means one thing..

unsure how they are making the existing key working guess they are unlocking/reusing it unless it ask if you have a working key, then it doesn't need to change CS.. who knows; very unprofessional from AD not clarifying this to give their customers warning.

lwood
3rd September, 2014, 12:15 AM
in the USA i need to have a NASTF locksmith ID to buy. this sucks. does someone know of a place that will sell it with out the NASTF locksmith ID??

Phase 4 autokey
3rd September, 2014, 12:49 AM
American Key Supply, The Locksmith's Source for Keys & Tools (http://www.americankeysupply.com/index.php)

Did you try these guys?

Here's another good supplier.

Home page (http://www.keynet.com/)

By the way, if you are just coding keys for USA cars, you won't need anything else for toyota, MVP will do them easily.