PDA

View Full Version : nintedo wii

oweny111
16th June, 2008, 09:31 PM
what programmes copys a nintendo wii games????

delboy13
17th June, 2008, 12:54 AM
you need raw dumper also not every dvd writer reads wii games i think u need LG dvd rom drive models GDR 8161, 8162 not sure maybe someone else will confirm but it is definatly a lg drive

bmansweden
20th June, 2008, 03:13 PM

dont copy, download : )

edds
20th June, 2008, 03:36 PM
dont copy, download : )

Got to agree with this sentiment, although to expand on what delboy13 has stated yes you can copy originals.

However, you'll need either of the models mentioned or a GDR8163 or 8164. I bought a GDR8162 for 40 quid IIRC and have yet to borrow/hire an original to copy. I've only ever used it once to test on an owned copy of wiisports.

Usenet seems to be best place to get a full and complete copy from. In fact Alone In The Dark is available already. Then if it's NOT a PAL version, run wiiscrubber on it and patch the ISO to remove the firmware updating partition that could render the wii inoperable (bricked).

Point to note: the wii must be chipped in order to play backups [sic].

nono_748
21st June, 2008, 02:21 AM
Hi,

for realize a backup you need :

A LG DVD

- LG-8164b
- LG-8163b
- LG-8162b
- LG-8161b

for read the original game

After

1? Dump your original game with Rawdump 2.0

2? Unscrambler for modify your backup .wii to .iso (if you need)

3? Burn with ImgBurn 2-2-0-0 or cloneCD

Be carreful,

Sometimes, unscrumbler 0.4 realize a mystake and your file is bigger to 4'699'979'776 b

For correction

1) Open the file with Hex Edit

2) go to ? 0118240000 ?

3) delete all lines with this one to the end

4) after, 2 windows will open, click Yes

5) the file have the good size, save and exit Hex Edit.

Sorry if my english is not so good, it's a traduction to a french tuto

Nono

ametz
5th October, 2009, 12:25 AM
If you have a softmodded wii with the homebrew channel, you can get the app called coverfloader. It lets you run wii games off an external hard drive! It may take some time to get used to, but it is a great option. You can even put your wii games in and it can rip them to your external hard drive to use as a backup of your games!

DiddyDave
12th October, 2009, 08:36 PM

If you really want to copy games to disk then try this as it works for me.

Get a usb HD working then install a WBFS Manager 3.01 on your pc.

Download a USB Loader program for the Wii there are many to choose and they all do what you need

Put game in to the wii then run the USB Loader at this point it will let you rip the game to the USB HD.

Once done connect the USB HD to your PC DO NOT FORMAT IT just click cancel.

Run the WBFS Manager and from that you should be able to extract from USB HD and it will create the Wii ISO ready to burn.