PDA

View Full Version : Remap ECU - EGR and DPR/FAP delete( Chrysler PT Cruiser 2.2 CRD)

toomas22
31st August, 2014, 06:42 PM
Please, can some expert delete DPF/FAP and EGR! No need for more power, just nice and smooth functioning of the engine. Thanks! :smile:
The car - Chrysler PT Cruiser 2.2 CRD(89kw/121hp) Bosch EDC15C2
I tried to use different softwares, but it didn't work out. Result - limp mode :grey:

Original .BIN-file: 275231

Babos
1st September, 2014, 07:45 AM
And where you get in that ecu DPF?

toomas22
1st September, 2014, 09:22 AM
And where you get in that ecu DPF?

OK :smile: - that's a good question. Many of workshops and ECU remaping-service providers in the Internet are offering DPF deleting service for PT Cruiser 2.2 CRD(89kw) ECU. I was looking about that in my ECU .BIN file. But I didn't find any trace of implementation of the DPF-system there. I thought that's my stupidity why I can't find it...I found EGR characteristics, but no signs of DPF activity. Am I right that there is no active DPF system on my 2.2 CRD?...just a catalytic converter and that's it? :grey: So, have I been fooled by those guys?

betrescudan
1st September, 2014, 04:37 PM
no fooled my friend....you started to learn...:top:

toomas22
1st September, 2014, 06:53 PM
no fooled my friend....you started to learn...:top:

if you say so :courage:

bobolin4o
2nd September, 2014, 06:14 AM
Do you have any available diagnostic equipment?
What DTCs shown?
Regards!

betrescudan
2nd September, 2014, 07:42 AM
this is the dtc

Yes, I have...catalytic converter was heavily clogged and I removed the inside ceramic filter. Now the engine runs great but ECU goes sometimes to "limp mode" on idle. Fault code - P0403 what is "An problem was detected in the EGR solenoid control circuit". But the thing is - EGR works perfectly(and control circuit is OK). So I wanna disable EGR and DPF functions in ECU to fix it.

bobolin4o
2nd September, 2014, 08:06 AM
this is the dtc

Yes, I have...catalytic converter was heavily clogged and I removed the inside ceramic filter. Now the engine runs great but ECU goes sometimes to "limp mode" on idle. Fault code - P0403 what is "An problem was detected in the EGR solenoid control circuit". But the thing is - EGR works perfectly(and control circuit is OK). So I wanna disable EGR and DPF functions in ECU to fix it.

Hm... i can read, but i don't understand the situation... this error appears after catalyst removal? No sense...
As i understand, he has tried to delete EGR and after that he have P0403.
I've read all posts in the other thread too, and i think he not have any clue what car he have and what exactly he need...

betrescudan
2nd September, 2014, 09:23 AM
the egr wasn"t removed...he has tried...i think the egr rested opened for ever...need to close from mapp and block mechanical the egr

toomas22
2nd September, 2014, 12:24 PM
Hm... i can read, but i don't understand the situation... this error appears after catalyst removal? No sense...
As i understand, he has tried to delete EGR and after that he have P0403.
I've read all posts in the other thread too, and i think he not have any clue what car he have and what exactly he need...

Thanks for your replies, folks! :smile:
OK, let me explain my situation again ->
The car(Chrysler PT Cruiser 2.2 CRD[121hp] is my personal vehicle....so, I know very well what I'm talking about. EGR is fully functional...I've been cleaning and checking the valve of this EGR(and also checked the wiring, vacuum solenoid and vacuum lines, air filters) three times in the history of having this PT Cruiser. Previous owner ran the car with not functioning coolant thermostat for long time and that was the reason why catalytic converter was badly clogged(CAT cleaning function is starting then engine runs on warm operating temperature...and lasting for about 50km of driving). So I removed the inside ceramic filter of DPF. Now the engine runs great but ECU goes sometimes into "limp mode" on idle. Fault code - P0403 what is "An problem was detected in the EGR solenoid control circuit"(trust me - there is no problems with the EGR system!). After about 30 seconds then I restart the engine, all functions are on normal again - no warning-light on dashboard...and no "limp mode" :grey: ...and the light don't show up for couple of days...ANOMALY! :suspicion:
--
I don't know what've changed in sensor readings after removing the DPF ceraminc inside filter but now my main goal is to disable EGR and DPF functions in ECU(it's easiest way to deal with this anomaly). I tried it myself by using WinOLS(result was constant "limp mode" and now the ECU runs again on original soft) I'm not good in using WinOLS(and didn't find any WinOLS manual for dealing with BOSCH EDC15C2 type of .BIN files)...I checked online for EGR and DPF deleting softwares(EAS Universal EGR Remover, ECUsafe, Professional EGR Remover, Volta, ect...but the thing is - there is no easyway-software for PT Cruiser 2.2 CRD.

So, if somebody can help me out - please-please-please, do it! :grey:

My original .BIN file: 275475

Car: 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2.2 CRD(121hp)
ECU No: 0281011093
Software: 366669

bobolin4o
2nd September, 2014, 01:13 PM
I think you mess two different things! EGR and DPF. If the car is equipped with DPF and you had removed it, believe me there will be a bigger drama with that, not only P0403...
The fault code clearly says - EGR... You say only on IDLE... so check for vacuum loses!
Regards!

Ah... and ECU isn't EDC15C2, it is EDC15C5.7

bobolin4o
2nd September, 2014, 01:23 PM
Test and report... it is good idea to check duty cycle of the EGR valve with scanner...
If is not ok, let me know!

toomas22
2nd September, 2014, 01:33 PM
I think you mess two different things! EGR and DPF. If the car is equipped with DPF and you had removed it, believe me there will be a bigger drama with that, not only P0403...
The fault code clearly says - EGR... You say only on IDLE... so check for vacuum loses!
Regards!

Ah... and ECU isn't EDC15C2, it is EDC15C5.7

The vacuum is OK...I measured vacuum in whole vacuum-system and the reading was perfect! :top:
--
I'm sorry, but my ECU runs on EDC15C2.
Even my MPPS v13-soft showed(when I downloaded the .bin file from ECU) it...and you can find same info under the following links as well ->

KWP2000 Supported cars (http://www.kwp2000.info/supported_cars)
What are an ECU flashers for engine 2.2l CRD tuning (http://flash.ecubin.com/what-are-ecu-programmers-flashers-for-car-engine-2-2l-crd-tuning)

bobolin4o
2nd September, 2014, 01:49 PM
The vacuum is OK...I measured vacuum in whole vacuum-system and the reading was perfect! :top:
--
I'm sorry, but my ECU runs on EDC15C2.
Even my MPPS v13-soft showed(when I downloaded the .bin file from ECU) it...and you can find same info under the following links as well ->

KWP2000 Supported cars (http://www.kwp2000.info/supported_cars)
What are an ECU flashers for engine 2.2l CRD tuning (http://flash.ecubin.com/what-are-ecu-programmers-flashers-for-car-engine-2-2l-crd-tuning)

There is no sense of dispute!
I think BOSCH know better...
Cheers!

toomas22
2nd September, 2014, 01:54 PM
Test and report... it is good idea to check duty cycle of the EGR valve with scanner...

Thank you very much! :smile: ...you are the man! :top: ...I'll let you know as soon I can!
--
But...can you tell me - in my ECU...is there in use an active DPF or not? I didn't find any traces of DPF function in .bin file? Maybe I'm who's stupid...I'm not surprised if I am. :D

toomas22
2nd September, 2014, 02:13 PM
There is no sense of dispute!
I think BOSCH know better...
Cheers!

You are rihgt - BOSCH(the boss) :joyous: knows better!...no dispute anymore! :smile:

toomas22
2nd September, 2014, 03:17 PM

For extract the file I need password... :grey: please send it inbox!

toomas22
2nd September, 2014, 03:20 PM
For extract the file I need password... :grey: please send it inbox!

Sry :smile:...I found it! Thanks again for your help! :smile:

toomas22
3rd September, 2014, 06:19 PM

Meanwhile I downloaded ESI[tronic]...and you are absolutely right - my ECU runs on EDC15C5.7 :smile:
--
My first impression after downloading your mod-file into the ECU - my car runs great, without any "fault codes"...or "limp mode".
I'll let you know after couple of weeks is it still same. Enormous thanks for your help, bobolin4o! :smile::smile::smile:
--
But the DPF/FAP on PT Cruiser 2.2 CRD...can anybody tell me about this...is there in use an active DPF or just only passive DP-filter in exhaust pipe(and that's all)? Reason why I'm not sure is that I didn't find any traces of DPF-function in the ECU .bin file and there are no sensors in exhaust system.

The original .bin file:

twincam
3rd September, 2014, 09:28 PM
There is no DPF in this car this is mercedes engine and in mercedes when it's DPF there is edc16 ecu.

betrescudan
3rd September, 2014, 09:32 PM
Meanwhile I downloaded ESI[tronic]...and you are absolutely right - my ECU runs on EDC15C5.7 :smile:
--
My first impression after downloading your mod-file into the ECU - my car runs great, without any "fault codes"...or "limp mode".
I'll let you know after couple of weeks is it still same. Enormous thanks for your help, bobolin4o! :smile::smile::smile:
--
But the DPF/FAP on PT Cruiser 2.2 CRD...can anybody tell me about this...is there in use an active DPF or just only passive DP-filter in exhaust pipe(and that's all)? Reason why I'm not sure is that I didn't find any traces of DPF-function in the ECU .bin file and there are no sensors in exhaust system.

The original .bin file:
why you insist with your dpf?...

toomas22
3rd September, 2014, 10:46 PM
why you insist with your dpf?...

just to understand better the matter. I searched almost everywhere in the internet for the answer but didn't find it.
I'll not plague you anymore on this subject...sorry! :smile:

bobolin4o
4th September, 2014, 06:42 AM

The original .bin file:

The answer of the question is in your post - "there are no sensors in exhaust system."
I can tell you with 100% certitude, there is no DPF in your car!
Regards!

toomas22
4th September, 2014, 10:08 AM
The answer of the question is in your post - "there are no sensors in exhaust system."
I can tell you with 100% certitude, there is no DPF in your car!
Regards!

That's what I suspected! :top: I didn't understand the logic why some damn workshops are offering DPF function deleting-service for ECU of PT Cruiser 2.2 CRD(121hp) if there's just a passive diesel particulate filter... it didn't make sense! :guns: FRAUDSTERS!!!

--
Thanks bobolin4o! :smile:

toomas22
4th September, 2014, 10:20 AM
There is no DPF in this car this is mercedes engine and in mercedes when it's DPF there is edc16 ecu.

Thanks twincam! :smile:

toomas22
6th September, 2014, 12:31 PM
Hi, folks! :smile:
Reading the forum I've run into dependency on ECU tuning topic. Last three days I spent reading different forums about this and I compared with my WinOLS the differences between original file and the file, which bobolin4o sent to me. This is really exciting! :smile:
I am a 49 year old truck driver, and I really love to drive my Chrysler PT Cruiser 2.2 CRD when I have day-off. I have calm driving style. So now I have the idea that I would like to change my engine for more economical. As I understand, there are two basic ways that make diesel engines more economical - changing the timing of injection(SOI) and modification of air/fuel ratio(AFR). In my present .bin file(what now runs in my ECU)I have deleted the EGR and it means - the engine should receive more oxygen compare to the same amount of the fuel. Am I right?
Is there anyone willing to tune my .bin-file for more economical? It should be a light tuning. I would like that the engine will work even in my retirement age. :joyous:
--
Best regards, Tom

The .bin file:

bobolin4o
6th September, 2014, 03:20 PM
Hi, folks! :smile:
Reading the forum I've run into dependency on ECU tuning topic. Last three days I spent reading different forums about this and I compared with my WinOLS the differences between original file and the file, which bobolin4o sent to me. This is really exciting! :smile:
I am a 49 year old truck driver, and I really love to drive my Chrysler PT Cruiser 2.2 CRD when I have day-off. I have calm driving style. So now I have the idea that I would like to change my engine for more economical. As I understand, there are two basic ways that make diesel engines more economical - changing the timing of injection(SOI) and modification of air/fuel ratio(AFR). In my present .bin file(what now runs in my ECU)I have deleted the EGR and it means - the engine should receive more oxygen compare to the same amount of the fuel. Am I right?
Is there anyone willing to tune my .bin-file for more economical? It should be a light tuning. I would like that the engine will work even in my retirement age. :joyous:
--
Best regards, Tom

The .bin file:

Hmmmm.... toomas22,
How do you think, why i've posted your dump "egr off" with password???
Obviously, not with idea to find my work "naked" in public access...
Congratulations! You just became a favorite in my ignore list!!!
Regards!

toomas22
6th September, 2014, 03:33 PM
Hmmmm.... toomas22,
How do you think, why i've posted your dump "egr off" with password???
Obviously, not with idea to find my work "naked" in public access...
Congratulations! You just became a favorite in my ignore list!!!
Regards!

My last download is also password-protected. So, don't worry about privacy!

bobolin4o
6th September, 2014, 03:36 PM
Ok, i saw now...
I apologise!
Regards!

mgtuning
23rd May, 2016, 03:29 PM
please remove egr pt cruise chrysler 2.2 crdi thank 377154

bobolin4o
23rd May, 2016, 07:31 PM
Here is your file, disconnect the vacuum electrovalve cable.