PDA

View Full Version : e90 dme swap

djollie
3rd September, 2014, 09:23 PM
hi
i want to swap a used dme into an e90.
anybody done this before?
my understanding it can be done with winkpf and ncsexpert ie writing vin correct into donor dme.
i dont use these tools but have some others that might do the same, also is its poss just to swap chips instead.
thanks
dj

bearheroes
4th September, 2014, 08:03 AM
These tools can't help you to change ecu...give info about ecu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djollie
4th September, 2014, 04:13 PM

bearheroes
4th September, 2014, 04:37 PM
Read cas eeprom and ecu eeprom

trivilin8
22nd April, 2015, 05:30 PM
Hi all :) I have the same trouble, I got a 2006 e90 325i bmw, the DME is scrap, in fact it comes with two DME and I think non of them are the car's, I bought a kit (DME, CAS, SW button and key) to do not have troubles to match and hand get it working ASAP, but I stupidly ask the kit by the DME part number, and the kit I got was the same DME but every thing else says is for a 2007 523i. If i plug on the hole kit, the car just try to star the first time, and then, nothing, I can make it work spreading carburator cleaner through the admission but just as long as I do it it works, then I check trouble codes and there are a lot of them.
If i just plug the DME from the kit, I have no codes but the one that says EWS preventing manipulation.
I have been looking for info, and as here says, supposedly it can be done with winkfp or tool32, but nothing clear to me yet, I was going to buy INPA interface to work with it, but I dont know which would be the best and which would do the work.
I hope some one could help me, I know I am asking for too much, but I am really stuck with this, the kit i bought was 800 buks, and so far is useless, I hope to find an answer to make it work
. Any help would be really appreciate it. :)

bearheroes
22nd April, 2015, 10:55 PM
for start post dumps from your ori cas and used dme...

trivilin8
24th April, 2015, 07:34 AM
Dude, I know if you where closer to me you would hit me with a bat on my head for saying such a stupid questions, but I haven't done this before.
Which Is the tool you need to read/write DME and CAS?
DME has two EPROM alike, is one of those the one I gotta read?
To read CAS what tool you use?

bearheroes
24th April, 2015, 07:37 AM
For cas i would recommend xprog or r270 and for dme fgtech or kess but as i understood you are not very familiar with this

GolfmkI
24th April, 2015, 04:50 PM
I have not read full thread but....

Why dont you simply read by Bdm and then clone it???

Easier , Safer and works 100%

Sorry if I am o***ide...

trivilin8
24th April, 2015, 07:01 PM
That's pretty helpful bearheroes I'll get them ASAP to to post the dumps and make that car work. Thank you.
GolfmkI, the trouble is that I don't have the original DME, the car came with one burned out and it has written "for parts" so I'm guessing it is not the car's :p, but certainly I'm gonna need suddenly a tool to read by BDM, so which tool do you recommend to do that? I think it'll be cheaper the shipping cost if I order three all in the same box.

Which one of each brand is more global and not just for BMW? I want to buy the one the one that works for more cars, if you have had a good experience whit a clone one to look for it, if clone doesn't work, to look just for original ones.
Thanks a lot, and thanks for your patience