PDA

View Full Version : My First Kryptview

h13eey
1st July, 2009, 05:55 PM
Hey Guys,
This is my first attempt at this type of box. I have downloaded the video and loading instructions.

Now just wondering where i can get the latest firmware and a bit of background info on it.

Can you please tell me if this firmware show all channels even those that are not in the package that is subscribed.

Cheers Neil

wilf
1st July, 2009, 06:55 PM
latest firmware here Digital Kaos - Downloads - Kryptview A750 + A700 19/03/09 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/arnet-kryptview/31/kryptview-a750-a700-19-03-09-645/)

loader here Digital Kaos - Downloads - Arnet Kryptview Loader (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/arnet-kryptview/31/arnet-kryptview-loader-426/)

cable requirements and instructions here http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f99/kryptview-firmware-loading-guide-tutorial-42524/

all channels fully working in uk and i think still in ireland

ranger
2nd July, 2009, 10:53 AM
all channells are working on the kryptview a750 , here in dublin,but the adult channells and bbc4 , show up as scrambled" in the morning times till evening time , and then they come back on , . i dont know if their testing narvision 3 on them or their just off air" but on my old eurovox ,when they were off , it was just showing adds" but when ntl ireland , were going to nag2 , last year the adult ones were the first to go , ?? ranger

careoi
2nd July, 2009, 09:32 PM
Just got my first Kryptview in Dublin. had Starview2 before. Having problems putting firmware on I think my computer isn't recognising the connection

ciaramag
2nd July, 2009, 09:42 PM
Hi, I'm a newbie to Kryptview & have just received the box, however haven't got very far at all with downloading. It says on the instructions to "Double click the Kryptview Arnet Loader (looks like a grey satellite dish)" yet i can't find this on any of the links they've given us. Please help as i've been trying this for the last hour!
Thanks

careoi
2nd July, 2009, 09:44 PM
When I get to the Code Send box and I click Open it dosen't come up with the KRYPTViEW FTA SOFTWARE file

careoi
2nd July, 2009, 09:47 PM
I've had the same problem. If you search for KRYPTViEW on the link given and click on the blue download instead of the green it works so far and thats where I'm stuck

wilf
2nd July, 2009, 09:54 PM
Hi, I'm a newbie to Kryptview & have just received the box, however haven't got very far at all with downloading. It says on the instructions to "Double click the Kryptview Arnet Loader (looks like a grey satellite dish)" yet i can't find this on any of the links they've given us. Please help as i've been trying this for the last hour!
Thanks

here is the loader, Digital Kaos - Downloads - Arnet Kryptview Loader (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/arnet-kryptview/31/arnet-kryptview-loader-426/) download it to desktop, when you have extracted the file it will then look like a grey satellite dish

wilf
2nd July, 2009, 09:56 PM
When I get to the Code Send box and I click Open it dosen't come up with the KRYPTViEW FTA SOFTWARE file

its the bin file for 19.3.09 you need to find not the fta file

h13eey
2nd July, 2009, 10:24 PM
Hello,
I have successfully loaded the firmware 190309

I have scanned for telewest and edinburgh RE/1 there is a 2 option (which I have not tried)

I can get most of the FTA channels, but even though I do pay a full subscription to Virgin, I can not get the sports movies etc... Says that they are

"waiting on code update"

Does this mean i enter a code with the remote or is there a new firmware due out

----------------
Kryptview A750

wilf
2nd July, 2009, 10:34 PM
Hello,
I have successfully loaded the firmware 190309

I have scanned for telewest and edinburgh RE/1 there is a 2 option (which I have not tried)

I can get most of the FTA channels, but even though I do pay a full subscription to Virgin, I can not get the sports movies etc... Says that they are

"waiting on code update"

Does this mean i enter a code with the remote or is there a new firmware due out

----------------
Kryptview A750
thers no new firmware out, you must scan on whoever supplied you with cable before it became virgin media you do not need any codes as this firmware is auto. check you have 19.3.09 in system info

careoi
2nd July, 2009, 10:42 PM
here is the loader, Digital Kaos - Downloads - Arnet Kryptview Loader (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/arnet-kryptview/31/arnet-kryptview-loader-426/) download it to desktop, when you have extracted the file it will then look like a grey satellite dish

What do you mean by extracted

ciaramag
2nd July, 2009, 10:44 PM
Thanks Wilf. I managed to dowload software (I think) however the box is stuck on Easy Installation page & I can't get out of it! I tried scanning the channels in & its saying 7/7 complete. Please help!

careoi
2nd July, 2009, 10:46 PM
When I try to download loader to desktop it asks me to open or open with and dosen't appear as a grey dish on my desktop

wilf
2nd July, 2009, 10:48 PM
What do you mean by extracted

did you download it? then you see a pile of books on desktop? now if you have winrar installed on puter just right click on that pile of books and select extract here then the loader will appear. if you havent got winrar then google search it and download that aswell

just read other post you need to find winrar in order to extract the loader

wilf
2nd July, 2009, 10:57 PM
Thanks Wilf. I managed to dowload software (I think) however the box is stuck on Easy Installation page & I can't get out of it! I tried scanning the channels in & its saying 7/7 complete. Please help!

you not making this easy as i have two peeps in one thread with 2 probs but anyway if you have flashed the box with correct firmware you need to do a scan on whoever provides your cable network ntl or tw ??? it should scan in about 34 tps

careoi
2nd July, 2009, 11:00 PM
We have download success!!! Thanks Wilf

h13eey
2nd July, 2009, 11:08 PM
Got it now. I just was impatient!!! Got all channels and looks great. If only the providers could make software like this it would certainly be a lot nicer experience.

One channel I did find was VM saying that I was using an illegal box and I should call them. Obviously I am not going to call them but does this mean that they know that I am using this with some sort of talk back?

thers no new firmware out, you must scan on whoever supplied you with cable before it became virgin media you do not need any codes as this firmware is auto. check you have 19.3.09 in system info

ciaramag
2nd July, 2009, 11:08 PM
you not making this easy as i have two peeps in one thread with 2 probs but anyway if you have flashed the box with correct firmware you need to do a scan on whoever provides your cable network ntl or tw ??? it should scan in about 34 tps

Do you think i should try to reflash the box again????? Really sorry about this.

wilf
2nd July, 2009, 11:11 PM
Got it now. I just was impatient!!! Got all channels and looks great. If only the providers could make software like this it would certainly be a lot nicer experience.

One channel I did find was VM saying that I was using an illegal box and I should call them. Obviously I am not going to call them but does this mean that they know that I am using this with some sort of talk back?

dodgy boxes dont talk back so your safe. just smile everytime you click on it by mistake:D

wilf
2nd July, 2009, 11:13 PM
Do you think i should try to reflash the box again????? Really sorry about this.

press menu then go down to system info and press ok it will then tell you some firmware information, if it says 19.3.09 then you have done it right if it says something else then you havent

ciaramag
2nd July, 2009, 11:32 PM
press menu then go down to system info and press ok it will then tell you some firmware information, if it says 19.3.09 then you have done it right if it says something else then you havent

Yea it says the above, thanks. No idea what i'm doing wrong - have you ever heard of that problem before that its stuck on Easy Installation page. I'm wondering do i have the cable in the correct place - i have it in AUD-R???

wilf
2nd July, 2009, 11:37 PM
the cable live feed with the screw on f connector goes in to the (input), your scart socket from tv goes in to (scart tv) on box. when you have done that it will need to scan so on that easy installation select the cable provider for your area and press start it will scan for about 15 mins then when complete exit out and got to skysports 1 and let it update the keys you should then if you scanned on correct provider be watching tv

Striker10
3rd July, 2009, 07:58 AM
hi all,

just set my first one up last night. was confused at first about the network id but read that when you select telewest (based in camden area) you then select the nearest place to you on the list. In my case I selected croydon (think that's right)

I had been getting that wrong and therefore getting a few channels ony. anyway, I then put it on sky sports as we're directed too and woo

joe851
4th July, 2009, 09:37 AM
nice info keep up the good work