PDA

View Full Version : Volvo S60 2003 - Weird situation, not familiar with volvo

neospeedo
6th September, 2014, 09:32 AM
2003 Volvo S60 vehicle was dropped off to me. The lcd for mileage and clock and some warning lights come on and turn off with key on after 2-3 seconds. Meanwhile no gauges, and the mileage appearing for 2-3 seconds apparently not what the customer claims is right. Im thinking the unit has been changed, but customer tells me its the original unit. The unit has no used markings on it. Customer says window won't work and vehicle seems to work in third gear. This unit has no bulbs just leds and chrome rings around the gauges. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Neo

Johnner
6th September, 2014, 11:42 AM
You'll need to reflow the solder on the Motorola processor.Had a few of these,and worked 100% every time.

neospeedo
6th September, 2014, 02:45 PM
We went over the motorola chip DG128. You think there's more than that?

Johnner
6th September, 2014, 03:50 PM
I've never had anything but the solder on the processor give trouble,even though it all looks perfect,it's not.

dave11674
6th September, 2014, 05:44 PM
as johnner said mate
its common on the volvos
peel as much of the blue glue off as poss

what i did after this is flow solder the complete chip so all the legs were soldered together down each side
use lots of flux now and flow as much of the solder off as poss then use solder braid to clean rest up
good magnifying glass to check all legs are good and no shorts

this has fixed many a dash for me mate

dave

neospeedo
7th September, 2014, 04:17 AM
You think this could also cause the mileage to change?

Meat-Head
8th September, 2014, 11:20 PM
Change the capacitor blue one in middle of board - please state value fir reference.

Possable as Reno self invirrect

neospeedo
9th September, 2014, 06:03 PM

By the way, I stuck in a used cluster and it acts the same exact way as supposively the original cluster. Im sending you the pics Meat-Head, I don't see a blue capacitor.

Thanks,

Neo

Meat-Head
10th September, 2014, 07:52 AM
Photo of front of board, LEDs, just about blue thing if capacitor change it.

get hot air and scraps the smurf shit off the chips, retains heat