PDA

View Full Version : tomtom one help

osborne82
17th June, 2008, 08:02 AM
lo all our lasses boss bought a tomtom one sat nav jobby round yesterday, u guessed it lol she broke it :) :) not sure what she did but upon powering up all it says is no maps
little google and i found uk maps put them on sdcard looking good i thought but still says no maps pmsl
four cans beer in it for me if i can get it going heheheh anyone got any tips/help :)
total newbie to these devices pmsl

cheers

osborne82

Devilfish
17th June, 2008, 01:59 PM
I've never played with an actual TomTom unit, it's always been mobile phones. :(

Maybe try reloading the actual software aswell as the map file.

thommo
17th June, 2008, 02:37 PM
you tried a reset yet, little button underneath it, hold it in for a few seconds then restart, my 7 series tomtom did it (not no maps) but a crash. reset and it was fine.

theres no way to remove the maps from the unit normally unless its been hooked up to a pc so how did she get the no maps msg in the first place, it may help.

sambo
18th June, 2008, 02:03 AM
You can try resetting it, but I'm not sure that'll help.

You can get tomtom home off their site which will let you put your maps onto the card in the device.

thommo
18th June, 2008, 11:38 AM
well you can drag and drop maps on no need for tomtom home really, all depends on the damage caused, might just be a case of getting the new maps now and cracking them and sending them to the unit.