PDA

View Full Version : VCDS no access to engine ECU

hezekiel
13th September, 2014, 12:33 PM
Hi,

I have a 1994 VW T4, with digifant engine ECU and the old style 2x2 diagnostic connector. Using genuine Ross-Tech HEX-CAN I cannot access the engine ECU. Any ideas why this might be?
ABS system communicates ok, so at least there is a connection between the vehicle and VCDS.

scoot
13th September, 2014, 03:57 PM
not sure if the same but had golf with immo box fault i bridged grey and grey/white at immo box for to test to get communications replaced immo box and communication restored hope this helps regards scoot

hezekiel
14th September, 2014, 12:57 PM
Looking at T4 wiki, the immobilizer was introduced from 1/1995 onwards, and my van is older. It has an aftermarket alarm system, don't know if that has anything to do with it. Need to try next with the stereo unplugged, some say it disturbs the K-line.

hezekiel
15th September, 2014, 01:48 PM
Tried it with the radio unplugged, nothing. Also tried while the engine was running, to no avail. Any suggestions?

borec
16th September, 2014, 12:41 AM
Hallo
Have you tested this ecu when he was not in auto?
what is the type for your ecu (numbers?)

perhaps you have problems with connecting...

juniormaxxx
17th September, 2014, 07:15 PM
uf ..this one is tooo old to know it without schematic..but Iam prety sure somewhere on fuse box there is one yunction conector with grey wires inside..so youre yob will be to trace grey from engine ecu..is she conected in that conector ?? sometime they yust fall out...this yunction is for all K lines from diag socket to modules..

hezekiel
19th September, 2014, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the tip, I'll have a look tomorrow!

hezekiel
20th September, 2014, 11:13 AM
Yes, it was exactly that. There are connectors behind the relay box some 20-30cm from the white diagnostic socket, where it splits in 2 separate places. One of them was open. Thanks!

juniormaxxx
20th September, 2014, 05:50 PM
Yes, it was exactly that. There are connectors behind the relay box some 20-30cm from the white diagnostic socket, where it splits in 2 separate places. One of them was open. Thanks!

well my friend sometime even blind man find a way out of crap...

this van was so popular here so I make a lot of work on them..