PDA

View Full Version : astra h 1.4 sxi fuel level sensor

JIMMYQ
14th September, 2014, 12:14 AM
hi guys got a astra h came in as a non runner customer had changed the ecu clocks uec etc etc but still had the starting problem. Anyhow I checked the car diagnostic came up with all sorts as everything had been changed cutting the long story short I realised there was no fuel coming to the front. Also there was a fault p0460 fuel level sensor circuit range performance. So I checked the relays etc all ok and got to the back of the car in the tank and the pump was not working in the fuel tank.

Anyhow upon inspecting the fuel pump and checking the connections etc everything looked ok plugged it back in started working car started. This morning I tried starting the car it wouldn't start no fuel coming out of the pump so I replaced the pump it starts up all the time but I cant get rid of this fault code p0460 fuel level sensor circuit range performance

With this replacement pump the petrol gauge works then drops to zero and the spanner light flashes. ive messed about with the float in the tank and the wires seem ok anyone had this problem or have a wiring diagram for the pump its an astra h 1.4 sxi 2004

thanks guys

Meat-Head
14th September, 2014, 09:57 AM
Right sounds like standard on them, somebody of lower intelligences fed the sender with battery power and blown rec.

download one off eBay you can get them cheap enough.

if you think logic ally (iShit Failiure) you stop car refill not gets more as driving.

set sender to half lock car up few mins, then jump in 'as if leaving fuel station' (I ALWAYS wheel spin out), see what happens

JIMMYQ
14th September, 2014, 05:20 PM
nice one pal changed rec job done thanks :)

Meat-Head
14th September, 2014, 08:55 PM
Good can you tell us more, as wrong rec DAMM car no start.

unless RARE pig car no rec?.

JIMMYQ
14th September, 2014, 11:57 PM
hi the car wouldn't start with the other REC so I took the immo data from the original one and copied it over to the other one car started up all goos data inside 95320 chip :)

Meat-Head
15th September, 2014, 08:00 AM
Great, retarded question "how did you " copy EEPROM, Un soldered the nasty board it found solder points?

trying to find solder points for one

JIMMYQ
15th September, 2014, 11:38 AM
hi you can either take the eeprom off and swap it to the replacement or you can read the data off it and write it to the other one either way both eeproms need to come off :)

Meat-Head
15th September, 2014, 01:16 PM
Yes that not quite what I'm asking, thanks, how did you access the EEPROM? Unsolder that nasty looking board, ?

JIMMYQ
15th September, 2014, 11:37 PM
no mate its just pulls out once you unclip the other plug side its 2 separate boards the top one has 3 screws unscrew them then unclip the l=plug side and pull the board off from the bottom one :) not soldered even though it looks it