PDA

View Full Version : Hd box and Hd channel on cable? which box?

jeje87a
17th June, 2008, 02:58 PM
Hi all

I would like to buy a cable box but I thought that it will be better to buy a Hd cable box.
Wich box should I choose?
Will I be able to see the HD channels on virgin (BBC HD and ITV HD, I dont think that they provide more on cable)?

I saw some virgin box HD PVR on ebay, will they be usefull or should I choose something else.

Thanks in advance

;)

edit : I read on this forum: v+ box and noise blocker, can I have more informations ? Where to buy the box? tutorial? Why a noise blocker?

Devilfish
17th June, 2008, 03:09 PM
We don't support discussions about hacking cable company equipment, that includes a V+ box.

You can get an HD dreambox (DM800) though. :)

jeje87a
17th June, 2008, 03:50 PM
Thanks

I will try to find this dreambox, will it be the same method? easier?

thanks

challah
18th June, 2008, 03:20 PM
before you pay a lot of money for a hd box how many channels will you get is it worth it

jeje87a
19th June, 2008, 01:10 PM
I know, 1 for know but how many in few months, ... :)

caveman_nige
19th June, 2008, 01:31 PM
the talk from the VM engineers is that they are signing up about 40 HD channels to be broadcast on VM traffic at some point this year, source could have been exaggerating but seemed to know what he was talking about...

As DF said the best (probably the only) box to pick this up is the DM800.. I do not know what the level the development from members on this box is but as it is new it will take some time for the uptake as people will not move over to it quickly due to price and limited (alternative) support.