PDA

View Full Version : 2010 w212 e class cluster clock will not set correctly as per navi and keeps spinning

alimmo
15th September, 2014, 04:56 PM
done correction on countless number of these and never had any issues with cluster time clock not setting correctly and keeps spinning after a short pause whilst at the wrong time, have tried setting command time which is fine but the clock on the cluster keeps setting about 4 hours out and then keeps spinning and stopping and so on.

Has anyone experienced this or have a clue whats going on perhaps an option somewhere to sync ????

scanned IC and Command but no errors also

Tried disconnecting the battery for 10 mins a couple of times but to no avail

Any advice will be appreciated

alimmo
15th September, 2014, 05:42 PM
PREMIER D Your the most likely to help on here mate (as usual) any ideas ?

dashradio
15th September, 2014, 08:18 PM
Had this happen when needles on clock have been off and not put back on correct, try to replace them once the clock has energised.

davecooper47
15th September, 2014, 08:29 PM
I had this once before on an E Class. I couldn't cure it. I ended up getting second hand cluster and transferring data and everything was fine. My assumption from that is that I had damaged a component somehow. That was back in the days when needles had to come off. I think somehow the time clock was losing it's permanent live and kept thinking it had been unplugged.

tunertool
15th September, 2014, 10:46 PM
Did you correct via OBD?
What tool was used?

benzstop
19th September, 2014, 12:30 PM
Clock hands not exactly where they should be, need go put cluster in,read the digital time on the dash then install the clock hands to corresponding time. If not done correctly the hands will continue spinning

hass42
29th September, 2015, 12:22 AM
I have same issue with same vehicle. I will try this fix as soon as possible.
I also have problem with all gauges not working for a minute or so and then they start to work, except now fuel and rpm not moving.
I also have done this job to 2 other w212 with same cluster and not issues. Anyone have a idea to repair?

smartymarti
29th September, 2015, 07:42 AM
Had one the same around 2 months back , car had not been interfered with , it ven had a update done through Mercedes still the same ended up putting 2nd hand clock in and recoding , it's probably been a Friday afternoon clock and just simply failed

hass42
30th September, 2015, 05:03 PM
Ok I figured out how to repair rpm gauge and other gauges. Simply remove off board open up and reinstall gear in correct place. My problem was that spur gear popped out of place.