PDA

View Full Version : Motorised Dish Setup?

boredasusual
15th September, 2014, 11:29 PM
Hi, has anyone got a motorised dish setup, if so what is the price for such a setup? Also what are the main advantages of this setup and can you get channels in English?

cactikid
16th September, 2014, 12:47 AM
plenty of hobbyists will have one ,depending on location and mostly important is line of sight of sat as trees or buildings stop you getting those channels.there are a number of english speaking channels on different sats.
or get one of these bad boys as no lag waiting for sat change lol

ramjet
16th September, 2014, 09:27 AM
here, read this , http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f11/new-sat-setup-301108/

boredasusual
16th September, 2014, 09:36 PM
plenty of hobbyists will have one ,depending on location and mostly important is line of sight of sat as trees or buildings stop you getting those channels.there are a number of english speaking channels on different sats.
or get one of these bad boys as no lag waiting for sat change lol

Thanks. How many sat can you get? Is that your setup in the image?

boredasusual
16th September, 2014, 09:40 PM
here, read this , http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f11/new-sat-setup-301108/

I am still confused though.

If you get a motorised dish how many sats can you get? Also can you watch UK sat on the motorised setup?

maca
16th September, 2014, 09:49 PM
No c/s talk allowed. yes you can view uk tv and many other sats.

ramjet
16th September, 2014, 10:25 PM
I am still confused though.

If you get a motorised dish how many sats can you get?

Also can you watch UK sat on the motorised setup?

depends on your location and the dish size and the other equipment you buy
plus it also depends on the siting of the motor and any obstructions, each location is different

boredasusual
17th September, 2014, 06:35 PM
But on average how many sats does a 100cm Dish carry? Is it worth investing in due to the huge amounts of costs of the motorised dish, box and other equipment?

DigitalVandal
17th September, 2014, 06:48 PM
?120 plus fitting will get you around 10 sats. If you don't have a receiver then a vu solo2 will cost around ?350 with a hdd.

ramjet
17th September, 2014, 08:44 PM
But on average how many sats does a 100cm Dish carry?

already answered in the link I gave you