PDA

View Full Version : signal issues

djpopeye1971
17th September, 2014, 03:51 PM
hi done my scan 402 channels great but I get 100 % signal and quality between 10 and 40 % is there anything I can do to boost it and get it stable thanks

andy91
17th September, 2014, 06:31 PM
You could try the Konig yellow brick.

Andy.

djpopeye1971
17th September, 2014, 06:37 PM
wats one off them

andy91
17th September, 2014, 06:46 PM
Look at the link below.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=konig%20amplifier

Andy

djpopeye1971
21st September, 2014, 11:17 PM
is there no other way

WOODWARD395
22nd September, 2014, 08:21 PM
Could try an inline Amp or even twisting your LNB slightly to the left or right I have found it to bring my signal quality up but sometimes brings your signal down but should make hardly any difference.

andy91
22nd September, 2014, 08:36 PM
Could try an inline Amp or even twisting your LNB slightly to the left or right I have found it to bring my signal quality up but sometimes brings your signal down but should make hardly any difference.

Thinks its cable mate and not sat lol

Andy

andy91
22nd September, 2014, 08:38 PM
Other than the yellow brick cut out any splitters that will bring down the db but if its really low you're stuck.
Could be the box you're using some have weaker tuners than others.

Andy.

WOODWARD395
22nd September, 2014, 10:03 PM
Going to stop this wine drinking before bed thought I was in sat section now where's my glass's.

I will just wander back to sat section where I belong.

andy91 is correct ignore me use the yellow brick.

WOODWARD395
22nd September, 2014, 10:26 PM
Thinks its cable mate and not sat lol

Andy

Going to stop this wine drinking before bed thought I was in sat section now where's my glass's.

I will just wander back to sat section where I belong.

andy91 is correct ignore me use the yellow brick.

but first I would check all below.
what box we talking about and what have you measured the signal strength and quality with.
I would get the engineer out to increase the signal if the signal is at 100% the quality should be up there as well unless the cable is not a good quality working on recent experience with cable quality.
I would check your splitter if you have one and the cable as you have the strength but not the quality.

spice
23rd September, 2014, 12:32 PM
the konig if you go that way has a great SG=slop gain it will ballance the signal and quality to an even level ive had the konig a few days now just if you go that way dont toutch the settings until your sure of the bricks workings but signal at 100% ive not seen that in a long time with vermin the konig will stable your tv viewing ive not had glitching,blocking or anything till last night the channels were hiting on/off to the point i swqitched everything off now that told me its nothing to with anything ive got setup and the fact vermin wasnt reporting service errors points me to think kryptview are in need of updating their software but the konig is fantastic for increasing or reducing the overall tv viewing

djpopeye1971
26th September, 2014, 12:28 PM
signal is 100% but quality is 56 % its sly sports one 0 % quality

spice
28th September, 2014, 01:34 PM
if it 0%quality then the konig when used by turning the slop gain dial brings your signal down slightly and will increase the quality and you can slowly turn the dial until your picture shows and is running without any glitching or blocking of quality you need to remember the signal at 100% is huge ive got mine running my kv box perfectly on every channel at an avarage of 70signal and slightly less with quality ive not got any subs so its just the konig that is boosting the signal i didnt understand how as nothing was changed on the screen when switched on its still showed low signal and quality but the booster obviously is running well as i dont get sound glitching picture blocking or anything that sends the picture into channel is encrypted or no signal being recieved, but keep in mind that the box can and will do the odd flicker very rare and without the booster on that would be what everyone else gets when the company is in need of firmware or system updates

djpopeye1971
30th September, 2014, 01:29 AM
thanks mate I look into one off them anyone know the price

WOODWARD395
30th September, 2014, 04:28 PM
If you have their services I would complain that your getting problems that's how I got my signal boosted the engineer he went to the main box and had a tinker when he went my signal was doubled in strength and quality. if you haven't you will have to stick to the yellow brick.