PDA

View Full Version : showbox

scotty1965
17th September, 2014, 09:24 PM
hi plz can someone tell me the how to install the showbox app on nook HD+ ? the nook security is blocking 3rd party apps do i need to change the software plz help ?

thanks in advance:top:

AirShowNut
27th September, 2014, 09:15 PM
Tried this ?
Copied from ebook-reader.com (I don't own a Nook so googled for info)
Enabling Nook Tablet to Install Non-B&N Apps

1. Enable 3rd party app installs. This link will install the Amazon appstore, but you don’t have to install it if you don’t want, just use it to trigger the hidden menu; only certain apps will do that. Open the Nook Tablet’s web browser and enter this url: http://www.amazon.com/app-email

2. Tap the download icon in the lower left corner of the Nook Tablet’s screen. When the download is finished, tap the notification.

3. When prompted to install, always select the second option “Package Installer”. If you select “App Installer” it will mess up the file and you’ll have to re-download it.

4. This will prompt an option to select a hidden settings menu in the Nook Tablet. From there, check the box at the top that says “allow installation of non-Market applications”. Once you check that box, the Nook Tablet is free to install apps from anywhere you can get them!

Now you can tap the notification bar again for the Amazon download to install the Amazon appstore. Note that you have to have a microSD card installed in the Nook Tablet to install apps from Amazon.

scotty1965
28th September, 2014, 12:21 AM
hi thanks for that but tried it its still the same the message i get is install blocked for security your nookis set to block installationof applications not obtained from the nook app store ?

AirShowNut
28th September, 2014, 08:29 PM
Sorry I can't help any further.
Perhaps another member with a Nook knows how to achieve it =---- Anyone ?

scotty1965
28th September, 2014, 10:32 PM
thanks anyway airshownut :top:

johnboy1974
2nd November, 2014, 09:52 AM
Have you checked in the security settings?
On the huddle you have to check permission to instal third party apps. I've never done a nook though.

scotty1965
15th November, 2014, 01:40 AM
yes checked unlike any other andriod tablet or phone the nook does not have those settings ?

cheers scotty

jerrell
3rd December, 2014, 08:09 PM
Scotty, Did you get this resolved?

scotty1965
23rd December, 2014, 05:31 PM
no not got it resolved still cant get showbox or mobdro on it ?

Dusty2016
1st August, 2016, 12:47 PM
You can check here

https://showboxappdownloadio.com/

may be you can get any idea.