PDA

View Full Version : CHERIE: EMPTY THE PRISONS

gmb45
3rd July, 2009, 05:00 AM
I?ve come across thousands of criminals in my career and the only thing they all feared was prison

John Stalker, former Deputy Chief Constable of Greater Manchester Police

Criminals are treated too severely and we shouldn?t lock them up, says Cherie Booth.

The wife of ex-Prime Minister Tony Blair heads a commission which claims criminals are treated ?harshly and excessively?.

It urged that instead of jail they should be handed community sentences.

The Commission on English Prisons accuses Labour of turning prisons into ?warehouses? where people with mental health problems and those with drug and alcohol addictions are ?dumped?.

But Tory MP Ann Widdecombe said: ?Community punishments have been proven to not work. The protection of the public must be the first concern and if someone sets out to commit crimes the sooner they are off the streets the better.?

And John Stalker, former Deputy Chief Constable of Greater Manchester Police, added: ?I?ve come across thousands of criminals in my career and the only thing they all feared was prison.

?When you look in the eyes of a hardened criminal you know that sticking him in the community is not going to punish him. In the same week statistics show we are one of the most at-risk people in the world of being the victim of violent crime, we are also being told not to stick criminals in jail. This commission is well out of touch.?

The report also claims that closing prisons would save money and cut re-offending.

Commission president Cherie said: ?This final report should be a road-map for long term and fundamental reform. The commission proposes that justice is more local.?

But a Ministry of Justice spokesman said: ?Prison is a central part of our policy and always will be.

?By describing prisons as ?vast warehouses? the report both distorts reality and overlooks the superb work of prison officers and other staff who work so hard to protect the public and help offenders to change their lives.?

forntida
3rd July, 2009, 07:01 AM
I agree whole heartedly. Empty the prisons and put us in them. Five meals a day, Giant HD(whatever that means) tv screens, study for a University Degree or an apprenticeship, Leisure facilities on hand. Supervised all the time. Free medication. I could go on and on(generally do).

P.S. What is she sticking her oar in for. Didn't her hubby cause enough trouble?

xant14
3rd July, 2009, 07:19 AM
There aint enough places in prisons for the scum that deserves to be put there. There aint enough places coz we pussyfoot around making sure the facillities are up to scratch etc, we wouldnt wanna offend the offenders now would we? Basically we cant afford to house anymore criminals. Better that they have to pay for their own food and keep.. however they dangerous they are to the public, and however they get the money to pay for thier food and lodging and any other 'stuff' they need.
Do like america... make them pay for theirselves in jail, by working them to the bone... chain gang them to work on cyclepaths around the country or do the gardens or pick litter or whatever. Put em in tents in the middle of a barbwired field if there is no building for them.
Cheerie cherry Blair doesnt live in the rail world (like I do). She is probably bodyguarded to high heaven, never frequenting the mean streets. her house at risk from scum burglars.
Same as the judges... they're not in the real world either. Chauffer driven from their fenced country retreats to the court house... let them walk to work for a change thru the suburbs of a city.. see for themselves.
Rant over.... I caught this rant rage from MJ

caveman_nige
3rd July, 2009, 08:39 AM
I never could stand Cherie Blair and this just makes things worse.. stupid cow..

father ted
3rd July, 2009, 08:46 AM
cherie blair is such a pain in the backside she was an embarresment to her husband while he was in office, now shes a pest and anyone who take's notice of her should be hung drawn and quartered best thing that could happen to her is for her to go to america and stay over there

Lainie
3rd July, 2009, 12:08 PM
well said forntida. mind the morning she opened the door of no 10 with her nighty on and hair all over the place. that was priceless.

davieboy.rfc
3rd July, 2009, 07:20 PM
that dog of a woman should just keep her ~~~~in mouth shut , enough said sorry for any offended dogs oot there.

alec
4th July, 2009, 10:42 PM
It seems some of the biggest villians don't go to prison, like Tony Blair and some MPs'

opsmonkey
5th July, 2009, 12:49 AM
release prisoners i say.. right to my range.. im sick of shooting at wooden targets that dont move.. rapists, pedo's and murderers would make a welcomed break and test the skill of servicemen when training for operations..

also if you rob (houses, shops, people) you should be given a warning coupled with a beating from a boxer, if you fail to heed this warning and re-offend you get 70 lashes in public with a bamboo cane.. do it again.. loose your dominant hand

If you carry a knife as a weapon you get your thumbs chopped off

If you carry a gun as a weapon you get your dominant foot amputated

If you deal drugs you are forced to take everything you are caught with in a one-er..

You should be made to fear the justice system.. it shouldnt be like the holiday it is..

If you have to keep prisons the they should be bare brick, no lights at night.. shit in a bucket in the corner of the room.. sleep on a stone floor with one blanket.. Then in the day it should be hard labour.. smashing rocks chain gang style

And finally for all these self proclaimed 'hard knocks' that have ASBO's and generally cause mayhem with anti social behavior... Mine clearance (Unarmed and no body armour) in Afghanistan..

forntida
5th July, 2009, 06:27 AM
release prisoners i say.. right to my range.. im sick of shooting at wooden targets that dont move.. rapists, pedo's and murderers would make a welcomed break and test the skill of servicemen when training for operations..

also if you rob (houses, shops, people) you should be given a warning coupled with a beating from a boxer, if you fail to heed this warning and re-offend you get 70 lashes in public with a bamboo cane.. do it again.. loose your dominant hand

If you carry a knife as a weapon you get your thumbs chopped off

If you carry a gun as a weapon you get your dominant foot amputated

If you deal drugs you are forced to take everything you are caught with in a one-er..

You should be made to fear the justice system.. it shouldnt be like the holiday it is..

If you have to keep prisons the they should be bare brick, no lights at night.. shit in a bucket in the corner of the room.. sleep on a stone floor with one blanket.. Then in the day it should be hard labour.. smashing rocks chain gang style

And finally for all these self proclaimed 'hard knocks' that have ASBO's and generally cause mayhem with anti social behavior... Mine clearance (Unarmed and no body armour) in Afghanistan..

Its all very well chopping hands and feet off but you will need a way to distinguish them from people who lose theirs in an accident. Otherwise you will have perfectly innocent people classed as criminals.

p.s. What happens if you get your hand chopped off and later win an appeal?:roflmao: