PDA

View Full Version : dm800 wireless network setup

sukhvi
3rd July, 2009, 11:39 AM
hi,ive got a belkin n1 vision wireless router and belkin n1 usb adapter,can this be setup with sequrity enabled on the wireless network easily to work with my dm800? i used to have a dm7000 which could not be seen by my router with sequrity enabled which meant i had to have unsequred wireless network.thanks in advance

father ted
3rd July, 2009, 11:44 AM
dont know about belking but i have a buffalo router with a buffalo ethernet bridge and the two of them have something called aoss (which means they talk to each other)and the bbridge takes all the security i ahve with the router and it works well i know this doesnt answer your question sorry

on_the_jazz
3rd July, 2009, 02:23 PM
hi,ive got a belkin n1 vision wireless router and belkin n1 usb adapter,can this be setup with sequrity enabled on the wireless network easily to work with my dm800? i used to have a dm7000 which could not be seen by my router with sequrity enabled which meant i had to have unsequred wireless network.thanks in advance

Just try it and see. NEVER have an unsecured network though. If the usb adapter doesn't work buy a wireless bridge like this: Buffalo AirStation Turbo G High Power WLI-TX4-G54HP - bridge Shop UK : Ballicom.co.uk : Buy Buffalo AirStation Turbo G... (http://www.ballicom.co.uk/networking/routers-and-wireless/buffalo-airstation-turbo-g-high-power-wlitx4g54hp--bridge.p369575.html) , then you can use the dreambox's ethernet port. If you leave your network unsecured you are asking for trouble.