PDA

View Full Version : Azskybox HDC900

Logger
22nd September, 2014, 06:55 AM
Hi all,

Any review of this HDC900 box?

xycs
22nd September, 2014, 10:15 AM
Yap! Any review pls? I'm looking at getting this! :smile:<br>I'm not techie enough to figure out exactly how to use a Dream box and as mention in this forum, subscription is only for close group. :blue::miserable::sulkiness:<br>So I can only go a fool-proof machine. :stoned::sulkiness:

SGDVB
22nd September, 2014, 02:22 PM
Hi all,

Any review of this HDC900 box?

This is juz another azbox F90 remodel to hdc900.

Channels will not lineup according to lcn.

Sure to regret after getting this box. If you wan, I was given 2 box to test out but it fail my qc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jatrophaseed
22nd September, 2014, 04:26 PM

Sure to regret after getting this box. If you wan, I was given 2 box to test out but it fail my qc.

Yes, it more buggy than FY or Q5 and lost a mile compared to DreamBox.

Logger
24th September, 2014, 04:38 AM
All the box is so lousy. Then which box can buy at this moment?

DBTraitor
24th September, 2014, 06:30 AM
Buy it just to tie over this period because no new box yet.
Those box are buggy but still can watch if you are not fussy.

alienated
24th September, 2014, 01:58 PM
Instead of wasting $100+ on the box, waiting for ppl to share the content with you, and worrying who might knock on your door.

Simply get a xiaomi box ($100) and you can watch almost all China channels (free), and if you can afford to pay about $8/month, you can watch US, UK, HK, TW, Macau, Japan, Korea, Movie (on-demand), etc, few hundreds channels.

jatrophaseed
24th September, 2014, 03:59 PM
All the box is so lousy. Then which box can buy at this moment?

Not all the box is lousy,
DreamBox 800 and 800se r still the best option.
You r the Master of yr Box.

DBTraitor
25th September, 2014, 02:03 AM
Instead of wasting $100+ on the box, waiting for ppl to share the content with you, and worrying who might knock on your door.

Simply get a xiaomi box ($100) and you can watch almost all China channels (free), and if you can afford to pay about $8/month, you can watch US, UK, HK, TW, Macau, Japan, Korea, Movie (on-demand), etc, few hundreds channels.

Yes, thats one very good option too.
SH dont have many good channels and programs, and the show repeats the whole day throughout.
:pepsi:

Logger
25th September, 2014, 09:30 AM
Not all the box is lousy,
DreamBox 800 and 800se r still the best option.
You r the Master of yr Box.
I having a DM800c that cannot watch a shiat. It is as good as a empty shell

limcs84
27th September, 2014, 06:05 AM

Dear Friend,

Am I right to say that Black box hdc600 or hdc601 is still much better than Azskybox hdc900?

chyekien
27th September, 2014, 06:18 PM
Dear Friend,

Am I right to say that Black box hdc600 or hdc601 is still much better than Azskybox hdc900?

I bought a hdc601. Is working fine. Only at times will hang. But overall it is worth buying I feel. It cost me around 180. And able to watch EPL. I have dm800 dreambox at home but dunno how to configure to watch. Heng still manage to get hdc 601. U guys can buy that try.

ultrakiasu
28th September, 2014, 12:31 AM
U guys can buy that try.

I suggest you don't recommend others on this. It is still definitely unsafe to use, and please don't get others into trouble.
Use it discreetly, and pray that your network are not being monitored.

xycs
29th September, 2014, 10:02 AM
This box scrumbles n hangs alot? Thks!

BengGaBoy
5th October, 2014, 06:32 AM
Suggest you to forget those boxes that claimed able to watch all channels on greenpipe. It may work for 1-2 months and thereafter, it become only partial channels and finally, nothing can be watched unless you buy a new box again.

Asking for "precise & useful" info over here is a taboo due to strict forum rules, however, interestingly, more often than not, you will always encountered some forumers who "appeared" to have attained immortality & offer to sprinkle a dash of "masterly enlighting" hints asking you to search high and low and digest it. Well, it can be done, but to invest (on top of $$$ on whatever dreambox) and endless hours of searching, reading, try and error, begging for info (literally to the point of kneeling down and open your mouth) & etc before you can sit down on your couch and enjoy the fruits of your hardwork (may not happen as not everybody is technically incline), hmm, that's something only you can measure the ROI of it.

With the launch of fibre network and more capable TV boxes, I think IPTV has come up as an acceptable alternative (still not 100% yet) that require less investment in both time and money. Though not 100% foolproof, but I guess you can watch your stuff with much ease, economical, dignity and fun.

Key point is, don't let the "process" of getting there to dampen or destroy your joy of watching TV :) Have fun and good luck

ultrakiasu
6th October, 2014, 06:07 AM
With the launch of fibre network and more capable TV boxes, I think IPTV has come up as an acceptable alternative (still not 100% yet) that require less investment in both time and money. Though not 100% foolproof, but I guess you can watch your stuff with much ease, economical, dignity and fun.

I am still on maxonline cable modem, not even fibre network, even this, I could receive IPTV with relatively stable live broadcast stream. Been watching live broadcast from HK, Macau, Taiwan, China and Vietnam, along with Asian version of international channels. This is on-top of the video-on-demand of thousands of movies (classic and latest).

The recent IPTV currently based on 2 common platforms, either Android or the CloudOS (YunOS).
These extend smart TV features to normal LCD TV.

I am one of the frogs which had climbed out of the well, no longer restrict myself to a small pond.

If you still think IPTV TV boxes broadcast are laggy, probably had not been exposed to it.
Anyone exposed to the latest IPTV will be an instant convert.

The current cabletv boxes with "tweaked patches" are for rich fellas, willing to pay china supplier for their irregular periodic patches or take risk to challenge the *Hub team.

rogerp
8th October, 2014, 08:28 AM
Hi Bro

Any IPTV Boxes to recommend?

I am still on maxonline cable modem, not even fibre network, even this, I could receive IPTV with relatively stable live broadcast stream. Been watching live broadcast from HK, Macau, Taiwan, China and Vietnam, along with Asian version of international channels. This is on-top of the video-on-demand of thousands of movies (classic and latest).

BengGaBoy
8th October, 2014, 06:10 PM
Yeah. Also embarked on the journey on IPTV and been quite OK (not too bad).

However, there are several channels which is "exclusive" to greenpipe, thus, no streaming via IPTV is available since the source is coming off mainly from China.

The recent IPTV currently based on 2 common platforms, either Android or the CloudOS (YunOS).
These extend smart TV features to normal LCD TV.

I am one of the frogs which had climbed out of the well, no longer restrict myself to a small pond.

If you still think IPTV TV boxes broadcast are laggy, probably had not been exposed to it.
Anyone exposed to the latest IPTV will be an instant convert.

The current cabletv boxes with "tweaked patches" are for rich fellas, willing to pay china supplier for their irregular periodic patches or take risk to challenge the *Hub team.

BengGaBoy
8th October, 2014, 06:14 PM
Just get any dual core box that's cost < SGD100 will do. Thereafter look out for those APKs to install into your box. If you do not want to read and investigate so much, can try paid subscription like CloudTV, Season IPTV and etc. Some paid subscription do provide trial which you can try it out before you make your purchase.

If you intending to use IPTV boxes via WiFi, try getting a box that comes with external antenna for better reception. For example, Minix 5 mini comes with internal build in antenna, it has poor reception as compared those with external antenna (e.g. Minix X7, X8, X8-H).

Hi Bro

ultrakiasu
9th October, 2014, 11:47 PM
Hi Bro
[

*******COMMENT DELETED & INFRACTION ISSUED*******

Do not direct members to forums of similar content.

ultrakiasu
10th October, 2014, 12:03 AM
Just get any dual core box that's cost < SGD100 will do.

Quad core based box better for KitKat Android 4.0.
I am a poor man son, I am using older RK3188 based IPTV box, becoz I can use many 3rd party "rooted & OC" firmware.
If I abit richer, I will get HiMedia HD600Aii or NEO MiniX X8.

Too poor to pay a 199rmb/year (S$40) [12mth + 2mth bonus] subscription for 250+ channel live broadcast, now on a free 30-days trial on QYTV, once trial sub expired, i will either get a mac-address changer, and ask for another 30 days until they discover my scheme, or i could switch to another IPTV provider SeasonIPTV, AsiaDVB, CloudTV... and ask for trial.. and repeat..

Yes, I am a cheapo..

satsmo
10th October, 2014, 12:10 AM
You really are beyond reproach. I have edited your previous post, infracted you, warned you and the you come up with a post with subs to a payserver!!!!

You have previously been banned for one month, and that was for something similar. This time is two months, next time is a permanent ban.

spunky1
21st December, 2014, 07:24 AM
AZSKYBOX HDC900 REVIEW

1. Whatever you do, "DO NOT" buy this box. There are too many issues with the box.

2. I have owned this box for nearly 4 months and have had ample time to review this.

3. Issues face are as follows (just to name a few):
a) Box arrived completely uselss. None of the channels were watchable. All channels were scrambled.
b) Trying to reach the seller was futile. Seller never responded to emails to solve the problem
c) In the end, I managed to ask a friend who bought a similar box to ask his seller to assist.
d) A Different seller to the one I bought from..... whom sent me some files to update the firmware.
e) Upon update, the machine worked for about 20 minutes before the picture completely blacked out. The issue, the firmware was not compatible to HDMI cable (had to revert to RCA yellow cable) to be able to view video. Lucky I had one as the TV completely blacked out!!
f) With an old yellow RCA cable I was finally able to return to the menu setting to fix the issue with yet another version of firmware.

3. To cut a long story short, after trying 3-4 different firmware upgrades, the AZSKYBOX HDC900 is still extremely problematic. Latest firmware update Dec 2014

a) The channels often freezes and hangs
b) The channel numbering system is completely haywired (not the same as original)
c) Scrambled signal always pops up.... Thus you have to reboot the system every few minutes (damn irritating).
d) Every few seconds an irritating message pops up saying that the system is trying to connect to the xxxxxxxxxxx, while the pictures freezes until reconnection is established.
e) Several channels are missing including EPL channels.

If you buy this box, you will spend hours if not days trying to set it up (if your seller is patient and willing to help, most are not!!)

There is no company help desk or anything. If your immediate seller or salesperson refuses to help you, you are screwed!! Other salesperson or sellers from the same company will not help (because no benefit to them)!!

Inspite of all the issues, the online update by network (for firmware update) does not work anymore. Thus, it makes you more dependent on the seller.

After 4 months of being launched in the market. As of today Dec 2014, the situation has not improved. The AZSKYBOX HDC900C is still plagued with problems and issues. I am currently using a 1GPS or 1000MBPS connection to the internet and still face issues with lagging and the picture freezing.

ultrakiasu
26th December, 2014, 04:46 PM
If you were to buy such boxes, ensure that the Account settings can be modified. Been experimenting with them.
I had tried playing with DM800 series, and cheapo cheena boxes, played with the ccc*m and z-*m config.
There is no need to invest on new hardware, just need to pay peanuts for "servers account".

Just change server if the current one cmi.

PS: Do not PM me for server info. Google is your friend.

Note: Don't experiment yourself if you know nuts, your set may be crippled with incorrect settings.

Itopedo
10th January, 2015, 03:13 AM
My HD-C900 no more working...and supplier no more contactable...shit...supplier is hubei zhouyang technology...so...do not buy anymore stuff from this unreliable/irresponsible company...

jatrophaseed
10th January, 2015, 04:24 AM
Most china boxes worked only 3 to 4mth, it their standard offer.
But nobody would listen....

spunky1
11th January, 2015, 12:06 PM
Mine has also stop working (Azskybox HDC900) for the last 4-5 days!!

Bought from Artpo Enterprise Co. Limited.

Just so that you know, these sellers open multiple accounts under different names on Aliexpress / Alibaba to push their boxes.

Generally, they all work together for the same syndicate / supplier.

My seller has also gone Missing. Stop replying to whatapps messages and emails.

My HD-C900 no more working...and supplier no more contactable...shit...supplier is hubei zhouyang technology...so...do not buy anymore stuff from this unreliable/irresponsible company...

SGDVB
26th January, 2015, 10:11 AM
AZSKYBOX HDC900 REVIEW

1. Whatever you do, "DO NOT" buy this box. There are too many issues with the box.

2. I have owned this box for nearly 4 months and have had ample time to review this.

3. Issues face are as follows (just to name a few):
a) Box arrived completely uselss. None of the channels were watchable. All channels were scrambled.
b) Trying to reach the seller was futile. Seller never responded to emails to solve the problem
c) In the end, I managed to ask a friend who bought a similar box to ask his seller to assist.
d) A Different seller to the one I bought from..... whom sent me some files to update the firmware.
e) Upon update, the machine worked for about 20 minutes before the picture completely blacked out. The issue, the firmware was not compatible to HDMI cable (had to revert to RCA yellow cable) to be able to view video. Lucky I had one as the TV completely blacked out!!
f) With an old yellow RCA cable I was finally able to return to the menu setting to fix the issue with yet another version of firmware.

3. To cut a long story short, after trying 3-4 different firmware upgrades, the AZSKYBOX HDC900 is still extremely problematic. Latest firmware update Dec 2014

a) The channels often freezes and hangs
b) The channel numbering system is completely haywired (not the same as original)
c) Scrambled signal always pops up.... Thus you have to reboot the system every few minutes (damn irritating).
d) Every few seconds an irritating message pops up saying that the system is trying to connect to the xxxxxxxxxxx, while the pictures freezes until reconnection is established.
e) Several channels are missing including EPL channels.

If you buy this box, you will spend hours if not days trying to set it up (if your seller is patient and willing to help, most are not!!)

There is no company help desk or anything. If your immediate seller or salesperson refuses to help you, you are screwed!! Other salesperson or sellers from the same company will not help (because no benefit to them)!!

Inspite of all the issues, the online update by network (for firmware update) does not work anymore. Thus, it makes you more dependent on the seller.

After 4 months of being launched in the market. As of today Dec 2014, the situation has not improved. The AZSKYBOX HDC900C is still plagued with problems and issues. I am currently using a 1GPS or 1000MBPS connection to the internet and still face issues with lagging and the picture freezing.

If you read my post dated 22/09/14, I've already commented that the lineup of channels for this box are not according to LCN (local channel numbering). All channel have their unique lcn & some box can auto detect therefore arrange the channels accordingly but not the hdc900.

Not sure about now but i will definately not go for this box. Already gotten this box free from some ah tiong but tried for 30mins, i keep it back into the box & return it. Both HD & SD resolution are sucks.

Itopedo
24th May, 2015, 12:06 PM
After getting the box to work in February 2015, so far, it is still working....but not fine.
On everyday watching the programs using the box, definitely out of sudden, it will freezed.
once freezed, it means you have to keep power on/off...until the prob resolved or you give up.
it is especially frustrating when watching movie and the freezed happened...and very high chance, it means you can forget about completing the movie/shows.

i have reached this state of reviewing to find another dream box to replace it.
anyone are using HDC4000? Or any recommendation for a much stable performance dreambox?

ypvs125
26th May, 2015, 06:45 AM
Dm800se, dm800sev2 or zgemma h1 can use..other than dm models, better don't buy.

jatrophaseed
26th May, 2015, 09:50 PM
Dm800se, dm800sev2 or zgemma h1 can use..other than dm models, better don't buy.

Agreed, the above 3 box are most appropriate for adventurers.
All the HDC are very very old mobo since the HDC800 N1 era. Only the box or skin changed. NOTHING is new inside.

Itopedo
8th June, 2015, 04:07 PM
I've bought the HDC4000....so far, much stable & reliable than the azskybox...
it only shows...nothing is free....paid alittle more for a more stable source....
at least now, I can watch finished a movie/shows....

After getting the box to work in February 2015, so far, it is still working....but not fine.
On everyday watching the programs using the box, definitely out of sudden, it will freezed.
once freezed, it means you have to keep power on/off...until the prob resolved or you give up.
it is especially frustrating when watching movie and the freezed happened...and very high chance, it means you can forget about completing the movie/shows.

i have reached this state of reviewing to find another dream box to replace it.
anyone are using HDC4000? Or any recommendation for a much stable performance dreambox?