PDA

View Full Version : new to dbox

skinterz
17th June, 2008, 07:13 PM
alright

ive got a 1x dbox2 with andromeda image,ive never flashed and image on it before and wanted to try the blade image .

ive downloaded the dbox2 guide and understand i have to save the image i already have just incase i balls it up .

im unsure about what it means by the FTP method ,ive dowloaded smartFTP and im up to Connect via your FTP Program to your box and copy the image to the main /tmp folder . do i put the image i want on the FTP program ?

also do i connect the dbox using ethernet ?

cheers .

plasterer
17th June, 2008, 08:29 PM
When you connect Via ftp
You will see your Image on the left hand side of you PC
Were ever you saved it to

On the Right is all the D Box Files
Open the Temp folder on the Right
Then on your pc side Right click the image and select Transfer the image
is now in the Temp folder of the D Box
Dont switch off the box till its flashed or you will lose the image
Now do the Following on the remote

FTP .img file to the /tmp folder on the box.

Using remote...

DBOX
SERVICE MENU
SOFTWARE UPDATE
EXPERT FUNCTIONS
WRITE ONE PARTITION
FLASH WITHOUT BOOTLOADER

Select the image from the list and select yes........Lets Know how it goes ..Paul:guns:

skinterz
17th June, 2008, 09:53 PM
cheers m8

ill have a go of it and let you know how it goes .

one more thing how do i convert the blade image to 1x?

plasterer
17th June, 2008, 10:05 PM
Just Download the 1 x Mate .......Paul

gizmo.1484
17th June, 2008, 10:21 PM
cheers m8

ill have a go of it and let you know how it goes .

one more thing how do i convert the blade image to 1x?

You can convert a 2x image to 1x image by using the image converter in downloads.........................
So download the blade image 2x and use the image converter to make it 1x then flash it to your box. You can do this with any 2x image

plasterer
17th June, 2008, 10:33 PM
You Cant convert SquashFS images mate
Only JFFS2 images can be converted this way
Blade can be done this way .....Paul

skinterz
17th June, 2008, 10:51 PM
i give you my email for the 1x image you said you would send so cheers for that and just for my own curiosity i downloaded the convertor and changed the image to 1x .

cheers

<--skinterz added 5 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...-->

can u use the ethernet connection or do i need null cable?..what the diff?

cheers

plasterer
17th June, 2008, 10:54 PM
Enthernet Connection is fine
With this you need a rj45 enthernet crossover cable
A straight cable will not work this way .....Paul

skinterz
17th June, 2008, 11:37 PM
cheers m8 just gonna order one of them now

johnlogie
18th June, 2008, 02:05 AM
Get one from maplins for a fiver mate

skinterz
18th June, 2008, 09:15 AM
yeah picked one up on ebay cheap as chips

pete2vinal
18th June, 2008, 09:42 PM
can the v plus box be hacked? im getting tired of the dbox2 as it keeps failing

BRIN_1307
18th June, 2008, 09:53 PM
nokia dbox2 has never failed on me why does yours what goes wrong and yes u can i think you have to do something with the card

skinterz
20th June, 2008, 02:07 PM
paul you there mate?....i got the rj45 enthernet crossover cable, saved my image back up one partition ,flash without bootloader .

i read the FAQ and it says You can then connect via your FTP Program and save it to your PC. but when i connect to the pc and open up the prog im lost from there .do i have to put my isp login and password into the FTP program?

cheers .

scubar
20th June, 2008, 02:43 PM
username = root
password = dbox2
depending on image

plasterer
20th June, 2008, 08:02 PM
As above mate
And server= Ip of box .....Paul
Shout if your stuck

skinterz
23rd June, 2008, 02:53 PM
ive put the ip in the ftp programme and it searches but nothing happening .

do i have to change any network connection settings?

jase.

aftermath
23rd June, 2008, 02:57 PM
Find out what your pc IP is, and go into network settings on your dbox , and tick to use network, and change the IP to 1 above your PC`s one, thats 1 above the last digits.

you will then be able to comunicate to your box, as long as you have got the username and password, which are posted in this thread.

skinterz
23rd June, 2008, 09:44 PM
Find out what your pc IP is, and go into network settings on your dbox , and tick to use network, and change the IP to 1 above your PC`s one, thats 1 above the last digits.

you will then be able to comunicate to your box, as long as you have got the username and password, which are posted in this thread.

sorry mate i dont get you the last to digits of my ip is 48 ...my dbox ip is 192.168.2.5

plasterer
23rd June, 2008, 10:06 PM
(.my dbox ip is 192.168.2.5)
On your pc Goto Start
Settings
Network connections double click
Choose the Network card your using to flash
Double click that
Scroll to internet Protocol(TCP/IP) Double click that
Tick use the Following ip
And insert 192.168.2.6 in there Push ok
Subnet will auto fill in
And you shauld be able to Connect now .....paul

skinterz
23rd June, 2008, 11:25 PM
right this is what i done went into network connections my local area connection went into (TCP/IP) insert 192.168.2.6 subnet autofill opened smart FTP put the same 192.168.2.6 in the address bar username root password dbox2....and well it just searches not picking it up .

dont know if it anything to do with the image i have its the adromeda image.

jase.

plasterer
23rd June, 2008, 11:35 PM
Network as got to be one below or 1 above
You need 192.168.2.7
In one of them
Dont matter which one ...Tyr that .....Paul

Derekwd
23rd June, 2008, 11:37 PM
You have to put the ip of the dbox in smart ftp m8 not the ip of the pc.

Derek

skinterz
24th June, 2008, 12:02 AM
Network as got to be one below or 1 above
You need 192.168.2.7
In one of them
Dont matter which one ...Tyr that .....Paul

right im in .....put TCP one under ...and address same as dbox ip

wich folder do i put the image into ?

anything else i need to know?

cheers m8

plasterer
24th June, 2008, 12:16 AM
you need to Transfer it to the tmp folder mate
Then upload on remote

FTP .img file to the /tmp folder on the box.

Using remote...

DBOX
SERVICE MENU
SOFTWARE UPDATE
EXPERT FUNCTIONS
WRITE ONE PARTITION
FLASH WITHOUT BOOTLOADER

Select the image from the list and select yes

The box will be flash then rebooted.

skinterz
24th June, 2008, 12:40 AM
pissingmyslf laffing i got kien system up ...dont know why coz i put the 1x image in....downloading image flash assistant..

<--skinterz added 15 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...-->

downloaded image flash assistant but telling me it only works using null cable

plasterer
24th June, 2008, 06:26 AM
No it will work with Crossover alone
Try a differant version mate,Try ifa1.56.........Paul

skinterz
24th June, 2008, 09:16 AM
cheers mate will give that a go ..having fun learning it but my kids are cheesed off back to basic on the cable haha.

what i dont get is if the image is wrong or corrupt for the box you have why flash it ?.like have some sort of error message or something . im still trying to work out what happened .with the flash assistant i was getting cannot connect to dbox message . and i keep the ip in TCP when using any flash assistance?

jase.

uglybloke1
24th June, 2008, 09:22 AM
had same problem i had to flash with null cable using this thread Flashing a Dbox2 using A Null Modem Cable and Hyper Terminal (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1531) it takes about an hour but works :rangers2:

ps will sent u a pm

skinterz
24th June, 2008, 09:22 AM
any link to ifa1.56?......cant find it

cheers

uglybloke1
24th June, 2008, 09:30 AM
its in downloads

skinterz
24th June, 2008, 10:57 AM
yeah cheers ...had a look at the flash prog in there would know where to start .

ive tried everything with the flash assist i have tried different versions but no good.

i read in a few tuts saying you musnt connect cable until until after you press ok in the second window of the one im using but the strange thing is when i fire up the prog the TCP is stuck on accuiring connection ,when i stop prog i can connect again so dont know whats going on there ...i can get to the last window bootmanager its got send cmd on bottom with execute script next to it with pingdbox failed underthose ...do i just leave the prog run?....there dont seem to be any movement there ....last time i tried it i got pinging-ok(0ms).

sometimes i get this stupid german message up ,i crap at german so no joy there haha.

on the first screen where you load the image onto it says please beware this method not always sucessfull flashing is only possible with nullmodem (cable)?

anyways i stuck like a pig in shit no big deal having fun playing around with it but so frustrating ...im gonna try using a nullcable and tut to go along with that ...if still no good ...ill get my mate to sort it for me ..just wanted to try my best to do it on my own .

cheers

jase.

Derekwd
24th June, 2008, 01:00 PM
It will do it without null, unplug dbox from mains plug in cable to comp and dbox fire up comp run ifa choose image press ok then ok again then plug dbox in mains and wait, should come up on dbox lcd when its finished.

Derek

skinterz
24th June, 2008, 03:29 PM
It will do it without null, unplug dbox from mains plug in cable to comp and dbox fire up comp run ifa choose image press ok then ok again then plug dbox in mains and wait, should come up on dbox lcd when its finished.

Derek

yeah doing all that mate but when i click ok again and the third window opens up nothing happens the lcd dont change .

well going to try again tonight ...so although its in kein system i can still flash image to computer like i did before it went into kien using the same program ?

i made a mistake aswell i saved my other image wich created a save file for me but didnt put it onto pc otherwise id put that image back on....

im still trying to work out what went wrong i used a 2x image and converted it to 1x same as my box ...the only thing i can think of i used the wrong setting or something ...i wasnt paying much attention there and clicked on the setting where the image was ....or the image corrupted when i converted it ...dunno .

came back in to add ,out of curiosity i pressed the cmd button on this ifa i got to sort out kien and a error came up saying cannot connect to dbox ...think theres something simple im overlooking

cheers

gizmo.1484
24th June, 2008, 04:38 PM
yeah doing all that mate but when i click ok again and the third window opens up nothing happens the lcd dont change .

well going to try again tonight ...so although its in kein system i can still flash image to computer like i did before it went into kien using the same program ?

i made a mistake aswell i saved my other image wich created a save file for me but didnt put it onto pc otherwise id put that image back on....

im still trying to work out what went wrong i used a 2x image and converted it to 1x same as my box ...the only thing i can think of i used the wrong setting or something ...i wasnt paying much attention there and clicked on the setting where the image was ....or the image corrupted when i converted it ...dunno .

came back in to add ,out of curiosity i pressed the cmd button on this ifa i got to sort out kien and a error came up saying cannot connect to dbox ...think theres something simple im overlooking

cheers

Have you checked your network connection it sounds like it cannot find your dbox ip address

skinterz
24th June, 2008, 04:48 PM
Have you checked your network connection it sounds like it cannot find your dbox ip address

well i set the connection exactly the same as the dbox in the program i downloaded for kien system...i used smartFTP to flsh the image but had to change the last digit of the box ip one under ...and in the address bar same as dbox....worked alright .

would i be able to use smartFTP again even tho its in kien ?

do i have to copy the dbox ip exactly as i had to put the last digit 1 under when flashed with other prog .....feel like im going around in circles haha

cheers

plasterer
24th June, 2008, 05:12 PM
No You cant use FTP Program now
Ifa is the only way out .....Paul

gizmo.1484
24th June, 2008, 05:14 PM
well i set the connection exactly the same as the dbox in the program i downloaded for kien system...i used smartFTP to flsh the image but had to change the last digit of the box ip one under ...and in the address bar same as dbox....worked alright .

would i be able to use smartFTP again even tho its in kien ?

do i have to copy the dbox ip exactly as i had to put the last digit 1 under when flashed with other prog .....feel like im going around in circles haha

cheers

Just say your dbox ip is 192.168.0.24 then change your pc ip to 192.168.0.23
I had the same problem with smartftp so i used image flash assistant 1.56 since that no problems you can get it in downloads its less headache all you do is pick your image then press ok and insert the power cable into the dbox its all about timing but you don't have to mess with ip settings the program sorts that

skinterz
24th June, 2008, 05:21 PM
Just say your dbox ip is 192.168.0.24 then change your pc ip to 192.168.0.23
I had the same problem with smartftp so i used image flash assistant 1.56 since that no problems you can get it in downloads its less headache all you do is pick your image then press ok and insert the power cable into the dbox its all about timing but you don't have to mess with ip settings the program sorts that

well to be honest mate the smartftp done its job didnt have a problem there ..ill change pc ip 1 under ..i noticed in flash assist it has its own ip address in there so dont touch that ?...coz i was changing it to match the dboxes ....i just use whats on there ?

cheers

gizmo.1484
24th June, 2008, 05:25 PM
well to be honest mate the smartftp done its job didnt have a problem there ..ill change pc ip 1 under ..i noticed in flash assist it has its own ip address in there so dont touch that ?...coz i was changing it to match the dboxes ....i just use whats on there ?

cheers

When you use the ifa program you do not have to change any ip address the program does that for you

skinterz
24th June, 2008, 10:11 PM
When you use the ifa program you do not have to change any ip address the program does that for you

right cheers im gonna give it a go tonight again when i got some peace

nice 1

<--skinterz added 276 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...-->

right ive had it dont want to admit defeat but ..well i might aswell give you a rundown .

changed the pc ip to 1 under dbox ip

start ifa

window comes up the pc will now be prepared for the flashing (yeah right ) process click ok then start dbox.

gets another window bootmanager with ip window 0.0.0.202 and 192.168.126.3 press start and i get this error message in german if i try the ones that are preset in ifa

if i manually put the dbox ip into the ifa i get pinging DBOXII-ok(0ms instead of the usual ping failed when i manage to get anything else going if that means anything...but no matter what i try the final screen just sits there no change in the lcd nothing but i know im connected as i check it each time .

ive checked over the net for a solution with the same problem i have seem to get it working but done my head in dont understand it .seems you either lucky with this or not dunno .

the only thing i can think of and i know some of you are saying i can flash with klein system using crossover cable ...but im thinking of trying null cable or both same time ,as ive heard of some success with null cable .

cheers all

jase.

uglybloke1
24th June, 2008, 10:16 PM
get your self null cable and do it the way i said earlier it takes longer but always works mate ive done 2 boxes with kein error this way worked both times i could not get ifa to work so done it this way :bath:

skinterz
24th June, 2008, 10:22 PM
get your self null cable and do it the way i said earlier it takes longer but always works mate ive done 2 boxes with kein error this way worked both times i could not get ifa to work so done it this way :bath:

had a good look at that tut and going to give it a go

cheers

plasterer
24th June, 2008, 10:28 PM
Havent had me Null mowdem out for Years
But worth a try I suppose
Try The Portable IFA
Or Another PC Or lappy .......Paul:itsme:

scubar
25th June, 2008, 12:50 AM
mate you're doing something simple wrong, ifa will work fine with the correct combo of imputting ip addresses and plugging the box in at the right time with a cross over cable only. as paul (my mentor) says there is no need for the null modem cable unless you need a boot log. change pc ip address to 192.168.0.200 then activate ifa. as the window minimizes, maximize that with the box off overwrite the ip address which will be something like 00.00.1.2. or some bollocks with 192.168.0.100 then click start and plug the box in, it will go first try as long as the network on the pc is set correctly, for example make sure all firewalls disabled and set to ten plus half duplex, dont give in mate you'll crack it. it is frustrating but when you nail it it's great.

skinterz
25th June, 2008, 10:07 AM
mate you're doing something simple wrong, ifa will work fine with the correct combo of imputting ip addresses and plugging the box in at the right time with a cross over cable only. as paul (my mentor) says there is no need for the null modem cable unless you need a boot log. change pc ip address to 192.168.0.200 then activate ifa. as the window minimizes, maximize that with the box off overwrite the ip address which will be something like 00.00.1.2. or some bollocks with 192.168.0.100 then click start and plug the box in, it will go first try as long as the network on the pc is set correctly, for example make sure all firewalls disabled and set to ten plus half duplex, dont give in mate you'll crack it. it is frustrating but when you nail it it's great.

ok turned off firewalls avg and windows and disabled anything else running.
changed pc ip to 192.168.0.200
start ifa
maximise window change ip in there to 192.168.0.100
press start plugs in box
another window opens up dbox2-bootmanager and nothing it just sits there,ive checked to make sure pc ip is correct and connected ,ive tried plugging in box at different times,must have tried it 20 times or more ....bloodt thing typical haha .

im flashing with the same image that put me into kien not sure if that to blame but even if it was the image it would at least flash eh then return to kien ? not sure if a different image would work ....

anyways cheers for the help when i checked your post thought shit thas it haha ...frustrated with it ..ive ordered a null cabe i know im banging on about it just starting to think for some reason my box not having any of crossover ...or could be pc ...im hanging in there wont give up ...yet haha

gizmo.1484
25th June, 2008, 12:41 PM
Its all about timing you have to plug the power cable in at the right time as soon as you press ok you could do it the first time or it could take you 20 times!
Use ifa 1.56 you don't need to change any ip address even your pcs the program finds it.........
This is what i used when my box went klein it took about 20 goes before i got connected.
When you plug the power cable in check the lcd it should say flashing when connected if not just keep trying you will get there in the end.

BRIN_1307
25th June, 2008, 01:15 PM
i couldnt get IFA to work either found the NULLCABLE technique very simple to use allthough it takes much l0nger to flash. Still does the job and there is an excellent step by step tut which makes it easy to use.

skinterz
25th June, 2008, 01:58 PM
Its all about timing you have to plug the power cable in at the right time as soon as you press ok you could do it the first time or it could take you 20 times!
Use ifa 1.56 you don't need to change any ip address even your pcs the program finds it.........
This is what i used when my box went klein it took about 20 goes before i got connected.
When you plug the power cable in check the lcd it should say flashing when connected if not just keep trying you will get there in the end.

right ive managed to flah the box ,sht wasmy fault i plugged cable in at back of box at right time and got knack of it now .

but ....i flashed 1x image and it comes up transfer requested etc and at the end TFTP transfer finished sent 16129 blocks ...is that the flash done ?...the lcd sticks on flashing ...so i wait a bit then pull out cable and back in again and with the 1x it goes into kein...when i turn off power and go through ifa again it flashes briefly lade ...it did come up as lade a and stick there like kein ...i read somewhere that lade means wrong image flashed ?

anyways i tried a 2 times aswell no worries there it flashed same but back into kein ....at least im getting somewhere ....when it strted to flash i almost pissed mysefl but my joy was short lived haha ....

not sure what to do next now ...i tried both images ....i know my sagem is a 1x as it was in the system information as 1x ....anyways both were flashing but coming back up kein with lade flashing now and again ...

cheers .

edited to add ...when it says transfer finished does the lcd screen change ?...it just sticks on flashing ...i was thinking maybe im pulling the plug to quick ?

<--skinterz added 4 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...-->

right i just turned box back on after typing post and its coming up lade .

Derekwd
25th June, 2008, 02:12 PM
If you know your box is a 1x then only use a 1x image m8, if you got flashing on lcd then its a good chance its flashing it so leave it it should come up on lcd done when its finished, kein is what it says if the image is wrong for the box ie a 2x image on a 1x box and visa versa.

Lade is what it will say when its trying to load image, lade is german for load.

Derek

gizmo.1484
25th June, 2008, 02:32 PM
When the box says flashing do not pull the plug out until it says flashing done on the LCD this will take about 15 Min's as you have a 1x box using xcable you just have to be patent

scubar
25th June, 2008, 04:47 PM
it will say fertig on the lcd with some smiley pack man like faces on it, keep going pal almost there now!!

skinterz
25th June, 2008, 11:23 PM
When the box says flashing do not pull the plug out until it says flashing done on the LCD this will take about 15 Min's as you have a 1x box using xcable you just have to be patent

cheers mate i thought i had to wait a bit longer gonna have another go tonight
so i just leave it flashing even although it says transfer finished on ifa?

nice 1

<--skinterz added 0 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...-->

it will say fertig on the lcd with some smiley pack man like faces on it, keep going pal almost there now!!

cheers mate cant beat a bit of drama eh haha

<--skinterz added 113 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...-->

right got good news and bad new ..the good news is ive flashed the image yaaayyyyyy .

bad news is i got no channels haha tell you something if it gonna happen its happening to me i can tell you

on the lcd screen i got <<?>>-no EPG-info-

i done a service scan and error come up ...no channels were found please execute a scan(dbox->service)

not sure if thats alll you do ..just im fishing ,,..gonna have a look on the net for clues so you lot dont think im a lazy bastard who just waits for answers in here haha...but any ideas be appreciated ...

cheers all whove helped me out so far

jase .

plasterer
25th June, 2008, 11:32 PM
Wot image is on the box now
Set your location ,and do a fast scan .....Paul

skinterz
25th June, 2008, 11:37 PM
Wot image is on the box now
Set your location ,and do a fast scan .....Paul

alright paul ...i got blade image on there mate ...where do i go to set my location?

Derekwd
25th June, 2008, 11:40 PM
Usually in the blue button menu m8.

Derek

skinterz
25th June, 2008, 11:43 PM
Usually in the blue button menu m8.

Derek

just found it mate ta

plasterer
25th June, 2008, 11:45 PM
Yer blue it is
Set my location
Scroll to your Area press ok
Box will reboot and be ready to scan your area
Make sure sym rate and service provider are the same .....Paul

skinterz
25th June, 2008, 11:58 PM
set my locaton

scan for services -all services

ive tryed all the cable providers anything else i can try

jase.

<--skinterz added 4 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...-->

Yer blue it is
Set my location
Scroll to your Area press ok
Box will reboot and be ready to scan your area
Make sure sym rate and service provider are the same .....Paul

sorry mate didnt see you post there ....you said box will reboot does it scan my area auto?

sym rate ?

plasterer
26th June, 2008, 12:25 AM
No you still have to go through the Scanning process
Sym rate 6952 or 6887 ........Paul

skinterz
26th June, 2008, 12:37 PM
No you still have to go through the Scanning process
Sym rate 6952 or 6887 ........Paul

right well im going through them all making sure the sym rate is same ..its scanning breifly but they all stop scanning same amount of time ...my ol girl and bro got same box and live in the same area ...you think it be a good idea to copy they settings? what about frequency settings?

also im not getting terrestrial channels .ive also noticed there no keyslist in there ....do i have to put any more files in there to do with keys?

i thought when you put on a new image its all set up ready to go .

jase.

<--skinterz added 52 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...-->

i dug this out from a post by brin

You need to FTP the NAGRAROM files into VAR/KEYS If you download this BLADEQUAD IMAGE from the CHATTERBOX.CC toolbar formly known as the BIGMAQ TOOLBAR the you get the nagrarom and all cams allreadey on the image that is what i have done and image is working fine, getting all channels perfect picture and sound.

i know im getting to far ahead of myself but i jus downloaded it thinking the one i got is not all there
cheers

thebigman
26th June, 2008, 01:20 PM
when you set the location did the box reboot, if it didn't you'll have to do it manually. all the files are already in the image if you downloaded it from the toolbar mentioned. I am using the quad image myself just now post what settings you have in scanning and I'll have a look. Also are you sure the cable feed is ok. Some one I know spent a week during the keyrolls faffing about only to find there feed had come loose after i reprogramed there box and tested it on my connection. You could also ftp in a copy of the service and bouquet files from a working box then you wont need a scan. They go in var/tuxbox/config/zapit.

Did the scan tell you it found any channels?

thebigman

skinterz
26th June, 2008, 02:14 PM
ahhh im so fekkin happy i downloaded the image from tool bar done a scan and it all working ,,,im jumping around the room like a five yr ol saying who da man hahahaha

cheers paul for answering my first post and everyone else who chipped in with they time to help me along i really appreciate it ...sounds like ive won an award and making a speech haha

think it be good for those who new to dbox to stumble in ere and see how to do things from scratch so....

nice 1

jase.

<--skinterz added 4 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...-->

[QUOTE

Did the scan tell you it found any channels?

thebigman[/QUOTE]

aye well when i downloaded new blade image i set location rebooted ,went into scan and the menu was all set up ready to go ...coz on the other image some of the options were grayed out ....i thought shit this thing not going to stop ...the only thing about it is the majority of my discovery channels not working ..on my other image non of the movies were working ,but got em all now bloody great ...but strange that eh ?

aftermath
26th June, 2008, 02:25 PM
strange when you say no discovery channels, might be a signal issue. Have you tried a signal booster ?

skinterz
26th June, 2008, 02:37 PM
strange when you say no discovery channels, might be a signal issue. Have you tried a signal booster ?

well i can see the picture but it spitting ..no not tryed a booster ... on my ol image it was the movies that were stuttering but on this one its the majority of the discovery channels ...

ill try a booster and see if that does it

cheers

plasterer
26th June, 2008, 02:40 PM
That will Deffo sort it mate .............Paul

thebigman
26th June, 2008, 03:37 PM
Now you've got it working, make a back up and ftp it to your pc then if you need to reflash it will be all set up for you. You'll also be able to extract files from it using newtux flashtool from the dowloads for images that may have them missing.

thebigman

skinterz
26th June, 2008, 03:58 PM
yeah will do...one thing i needed to know is do i have auto key role on this image

plasterer
26th June, 2008, 04:06 PM
yes that wil Au ......paul

gizmo.1484
26th June, 2008, 04:29 PM
[QUOTE=skinterz;26523]ahhh im so fekkin happy i downloaded the image from tool bar done a scan and it all working ,,,im jumping around the room like a five yr ol saying who da man hahahaha

cheers paul for answering my first post and everyone else who chipped in with they time to help me along i really appreciate it ...sounds like ive won an award and making a speech haha

think it be good for those who new to dbox to stumble in ere and see how to do things from scratch so....

nice 1

jase.
[QUOTE/]

I new you would get there in the end congratulations:):guns::unionflag:
Your box will Au ever time you reboot...........