PDA

View Full Version : satellite scan system crash

dazmaul
4th July, 2009, 01:29 AM
i have managed to reflash my box and i now need to rescan all my satellites. When i try and scan 28.2 i get an error message that the software has encountered a problem and needs to restart.
Does anyone have a clue what the problem is?

I have dm800, enigma 2, gemini 4.20 - i think.

opsmonkey
4th July, 2009, 02:01 AM
You poor sod.. i've never encountered anybody with as many problems as you..

Where did you get your box from..??

You say its an 800 but when you log into it it says its a 600..??
Now it keeps crashing..

molivos
4th July, 2009, 07:26 AM
i have managed to reflash my box and i now need to rescan all my satellites. When i try and scan 28.2 i get an error message that the software has encountered a problem and needs to restart.
Does anyone have a clue what the problem is?

I have dm800, enigma 2, gemini 4.20 - i think.

a transporter on 28,2 is wrong ?? ... look for this at crash time and delete this transporter

.: JaCkPoT :.
4th July, 2009, 10:52 AM
No i think i know what is wrong..you have a plugin or your cccam in the wrong place..i had a similar problem when i first got my dm..
I think when your dm goes to save the channels it crashes

dazmaul
4th July, 2009, 11:05 AM
Tell me about it opsmonkey....

Jackpot, I don't think that's the problem, because it crashes as soon as it starts and I have manually scanned a known transponder and that worked.

Is it the satellites.xml file which contains the list of transponders which in turn is used when scanning? If so, can I get an up-to-date version from anywhere?

dazmaul
4th July, 2009, 11:09 AM
Opsmonkey, I got it about three months ago from a site called satc*rdsh*r*ing.com - had no end of problems like the tuner being faulty - had to send it back and get it repaired.

It was working all OK up until Tuesday when I tried to scan a satellite can't remember if it was 9.0E or 7.0E.

It is a clone. The Web Interface was saying it was a DM600PVR but when dreamup loaded it says it DM800.

When I reflashed it i used the nfi file:
gemini2-390-dm800-200811291724.nfi (I think it's 4.20 - don't know how the check it)?

dazmaul
5th July, 2009, 10:18 AM
After 48 hours of messing about I have finally successfully re-flashed my DM800 (or DM600) clone.

I attempted to re-flash with Gemini 3.90 on multiple occasions but the system just kept crashing at different points. I then attempted to flash with Nabilosat BlackHole but kept getting a "NO CA FOUND" error.

So in a final attempt before I kicked the Dreambox through the window I decided to flash with Gemini 4.10 which seems to have done the trick (touch wood), although a couple of times the motorised dish has refused to move and I have had to restart the system again but that seems to clear the problem. Although as I type after a scan of 0.8W and all the channels being found when I select one the SNR=0 and AGC=0 - see if a restart solves this problem.

So, just a note to thank anyone who has contributed to resolve the issues I have.

westkill
5th July, 2009, 11:15 AM
glad you solved it dazmaul :congrats: :)

on_the_jazz
5th July, 2009, 12:54 PM
Opsmonkey, I got it about three months ago from a site called satc*rdsh*r*ing.com

Why did you not read the threads about them before buying! I've dealt with these jokers before, luckily I didn't buy a box from them though.