PDA

View Full Version : Rave drug KOs 7 ... as they run kids' party

gmb45
4th July, 2009, 04:16 AM
A BIRTHDAY party for a five-year-old was ruined when the seven grown-ups in charge took a rave drug - and landed in hospital.

A fleet of ambulances raced to the family home where the bash was being held as the adults collapsed.

Five who had taken the drug GBL - which killed a student recently but can be bought legally online - were rushed away for immediate treatment. Two more were admitted to hospital hours later.

A neighbour in Ribbleton, Lancs, said yesterday: "There were at least four ambulances lined up and loading people in the back." Another said: "It's bad enough experimenting with the stuff in the first place.

"But to do it with kids there is unthinkable. They were dropping like flies."

Police confirmed parents and relatives were among the adults - ranging from their 20s to mid-50s - who swilled down the drug with booze. No kiddies were hurt. Liquid GBL - gamma butyrolactone - is used as nail polish remover. It works like date-rape drug GBH and is banned in some countries. The Government has pledged to outlaw it here.

But currently clubbers can legally buy a 250ml bottle online for ?20. Medical student Hester Stewart, 21, died in April after taking it on a night out.

chroma
4th July, 2009, 01:39 PM
These things are messed up.

Natural "Legal" highs that can be bought online and over the counter at headshops are stupid, for instance i can whack some sawdust and benzine into a bag and sell it as legal so long as i mark on the packet "not for human consumption" im in the clear.

Anything marked "Not for human consumption" doesnt need to be tested and worse still ingredients dont need to be listed. you litteraly dont have any idea that youve just eaten a lethal dose of formaldihyde.

The really worrying thing is theres no way to crack down on it under current legislation.
Take ECSTACY or 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine if i was to take its chemical structure and add on another hydrogen bond or oxygen molecule, the chemical structure becomes slightly different and its no longer illegal for me to sell the stuff. as to what the additional oxygen or hydrogen will do to the effects? how should i know ive not tested it, its likely to remain the same or become more dangerous, but its still legal.

If you really badly want to get out your face then your actualy safer going with illegal drugs. simply because the effects are of known quantity and the effects are largly understood from decades of study.