PDA

View Full Version : 07 Megane wing mirrior wiring

mowgli5381
28th September, 2014, 10:14 AM
Hi guys, got no power to the wing mirror control button on this vehicle, got nothing at the door loom connector either, but have no idea where the power comes from. Thought I was in luck when another megane came in but it has a different plug on the swicth, this one has 10 terminals, any able to up me a wiring diagram or pinout for the supply please, got a very desperate customer wanting it back!!

mowgli5381
28th September, 2014, 11:22 AM
FIXED!!!!
And I'll be honest it was a fair amount of luck, but I've got to share this, so here goes.
Wing mirrors dont work at all, so get the switch out and have a look, there is nothing live at the switch. So trace all the wires down to the door hinge plug and theyre all in tact and fine. Hmmm, so this is why I wanted a diagram to see wich fuse/pin etc the supply came from. In the meantime I decide Ill have a look at the mirror itself, see if I can work the wiring back from the motors to swictch and thus work out which must be the live supply to the switch and then try a fly lead to it. So Ive done this and am putting the mirror back together having found which wires go to the motor. I go to plug the mirror back in and find that the mirror and the switch have identical plugs!!! Bugger, which one was which as all the loom is just dangling. Anyway upon realising this it of course makes me think what if??? So yes, you guessed it. Tested both plugs and suprise suprise one of them has a live! The bloody switch plug and mirror plug had been put to the wrong units! So thought I'd share this, as in true DK fashion, someone might just stumble across this one day and save themselves a load of head scratching!

Meat-Head
28th September, 2014, 07:39 PM
Bit late now, think it was one of them, same shit duff way, just rammed live off window motor, then flashed my "VIP ACCESS ALL ARESA" card at it, connected yellow tonlivecandcall worked (iShit Failiure)

mowgli5381
28th September, 2014, 08:41 PM
Thats pretty much what I was planning on doing, stick a new live to it, it was only that i had the mirror in pieces to find which were motor wire etc so I knew where to start that I stunbled on it.