PDA

View Full Version : 06 Jaguar X-type powertrain module

romyo9
29th September, 2014, 12:36 PM
Hi All,

I have some performance problems with my Jaguar and after I've got it back from the mechanic, he said there is some kind of electrical problem but he was very vague about the error faults from the computer, so I've decided to get from ebay jaguar/land rover dealer level diagnostic tool. And here's where the bigger problem starts, I have put the diagnostic tool and it was recommended to me by the application to do a setup of the powertrain module and I've done that but in the middle of the process, I have accidentally steeped on the OBD cable and unplugging it and now the car dose not even attempt to start when turning the key, and yes there is sufficient battery power.

Can anybody help me on what can I do now ?

Thank you!

autoden
29th September, 2014, 08:15 PM
Very careless of you, as many on here will tell you. If you stop a procedure half way, you have half of nothing. Ring round for a mobile remapper and hope you don't get a laptop monkey. He may have or can get the original file. I don't know what your diagnostic kit is, or your know how, but a genuine mongoose should be able to initiate it and kick it back into life. Next step is sell that kit and leave it to someone who knows what there doing
autoden

sogaro
29th September, 2014, 09:43 PM
No one becomes an expert without making mistakes, you know what bro , you are just some steps away if you stay focused and refuse to be brow-beaten.i guess you have VCM from what you wrote, it's a good tool so go to YouTube and get videos on its usage . Meanwhile , tell us more about your car, what ECU type is installed and help is on the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

betrescudan
29th September, 2014, 09:53 PM
Hi All,

I have some performance problems with my Jaguar and after I've got it back from the mechanic, he said there is some kind of electrical problem but he was very vague about the error faults from the computer, so I've decided to get from ebay jaguar/land rover dealer level diagnostic tool. And here's where the bigger problem starts, I have put the diagnostic tool and it was recommended to me by the application to do a setup of the powertrain module and I've done that but in the middle of the process, I have accidentally steeped on the OBD cable and unplugging it and now the car dose not even attempt to start when turning the key, and yes there is sufficient battery power.

Can anybody help me on what can I do now ?

Thank you!
did you tried to disconect the batterie for 2-3 hours?